View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 227 of 527 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    I'm Bargnani hater.I admit he can score...and maybe he is good.Probably on a different team he would be even greater.But I don't like him.There is something wrong with so mobile and perimeter oriented and skilled center.In fact I have always wondered WHY they play him at center when he isn't?He has some advantage if covered by opposing centers but that isn't enough to put him at C.For me it is like to put James Johnson at pg and play him with derozan,weems,amir and davis...or something like that.I think you'd get my point.And after all the criticism he toke this season I am convinced now that it is better for him and for the team, to go elsewhere.And in a way even if we get scrubs for him they might better with the rest of the young guys on the team.As we witnessed this season he DOESN'T fit well with the players we have.A few good games doesn't excuse a season of loses.
    WHy on earth isn't he a center? He's 7 feet, 250 lbs and his only "strength" on defense is his ability to defend tall, back to the basket centers. I've never understood the argument that he's not a center. It makes no sense.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    WHy on earth isn't he a center? He's 7 feet, 250 lbs and his only "strength" on defense is his ability to defend tall, back to the basket centers. I've never understood the argument that he's not a center. It makes no sense.
    my only answer would be he's too "soft"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    He also said "I do things that are more complicated than rebounds and defence" which they edited out of the official videos.
    Oh, that's simply not a good thing to say. Not at all.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say most centers starting in the league are not prototypical. The hook shot is dead. Most guys don't have good back to the basket moves or the strength to back down defenders unless they have a mismatch. The key is they need to be able to defend and rebound. I don't care how they score or even if they score on offense. That's a bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I would say most centers starting in the league are not prototypical. The hook shot is dead. Most guys don't have good back to the basket moves or the strength to back down defenders unless they have a mismatch. The key is they need to be able to defend and rebound. I don't care how they score or even if they score on offense. That's a bonus.
    I was a fan of the 80's Pistons and Bill Laimbeer. Laimbeer was certainly not a prototypical center, and I probably have a better post game than he had. But he rebounded and defended and did what he needed to do to win. A guy like Laimbeer is going to help you win far more than a guy like Bargnani is, I'm sorry to say.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Time to go Bargnani.

With the possibility of trading him, I was 50-50 a while ago, then 70-30, now 99-1.

Him at C is a joke. Him at PF may work - why not try, everything else has been tried. Him at PF over ED longterm is a ridiculous innuendo.

I hope no rival execs read this forum. A rugged C who has not been given much of a chance (think Zaza Pachulia), a prospect (think Jordan Crawford from ATL to WSH), and a high draft pick (SAC, MIN, NJ/UTA) would be great returns for Bargnani.
    I want them to get a great talent back. I don't want to see them get three pieces. They already have enough question marks with potential to fill the rotation. They need to get back a starter. I'd like to see them take a run at OJ Mayo.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I completely agree. I just posted it in another forum but give the Timberwolves a call and offer up Andrea for their 1st round pick and some salary filler.

It's a weak draft with no clear cut stars and the Timeberwolves have not done well in their recent draft history. They'd be getting a former #1 who can score and is young and with Love grabbing boards Andrea would have a much better version of Reggie next to him.

No telling what Kahn might do.
    I agree and i think bargnani could actually do pretty well on minnisota next to love ( leagues best rebounder). love would definetly make up for andreas poor rebounding.

Post Thanks / Like

Love/Bargnani would be a good combo. So too would Howard/Bargnani or Noah/Bargnani.

Minnesota is below cap. I'd be happy with their pick and Johnny Flynn or Wesley Johnson. I don't think Rubio will be on the table.

What the Magic have to sell the Raptors don't want.

The Bulls don't have anything too useful to offer for Bargnani and they already have Boozer.

Minnesota make might make more sense than anywhere. Memphis would come second in my opinion. Don't rule out Atlanta either. A shake up is on the horizon there.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"With Eddy D sounding like he's bulking up to play center next season I think that trade I mentioned on the trade board involving a certain someone the Pacers were after at the deadline makes a lot of sense."

APOLLO, I cant recall who they were after, which player are you talking about? Are you talking about Mayo?
    Last edited by pesterm1; Thu Apr 14th, 2011 at 08:48 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indicative of where the #%}^} is this franchise going? If he's a 4, where do we play Ed or Amir? If we sign a "legit center", do Ed and Amir come off the bench? Even if you buy the two bigs theory, there's not room for all of these guys. Arghhh!

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want them to get a great talent back. I don't want to see them get three pieces. They already have enough question marks with potential to fill the rotation. They need to get back a starter. I'd like to see them take a run at OJ Mayo.
    This times million.

Post Thanks / Like

Mayo is the last thing we need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WBG416 wrote: View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the last thing we need is Bargnani back for another season.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WBG416 wrote: View Post
    Yea because I heard it gives you high cholesterol.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

On the one hand, he says his offensive game has improved greatly, and on the other hand he says the team is to blame for the terrible defense, and management for not realizing he's incapable of playing the position they've assigned to him.

Let's see. He's taking a lot more shots than in previous years, making a significantly lower percentage of them, and his team lost a disastrous amount of games this year.

The one thing Bargnani seems to be really good at is passing the buck. Blaming others for his failures is his most impressive talent. He's right that they're playing him out of position, but wrong about what his natural position is. He should be polishing the end of the bench with his arse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

AB is better of in other teams and the atmosphere that has been created by some ignorant Raptor fans and media and the few scrubs in the locker room is not healthy for him.

The future for this Raptor team, if BC and Triano stay will be getting worst next year and AB should just enjoy his contract some where else.

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"What I do on offense is more complicated than rebounding or defense."

- andrea bargnani

LOL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few obstacles to moving Bagnani. First, will you get good value for him? I think teams around the league would love to get him but not at a fair market price. They want to get him for a bargain price. I doubt BC will move him for nothing. Second, with a hard cap most likely coming into play, it will be very hard for a lot of teams to commit 4 years and 42 million to a player who remains an enigma. I think the best solution is to go out and sign one of the many defensive minded centres available such as as Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, etc. Then, you move Andrea to the bench. Having him come off the bench with the likes of a Barbosa would give the time a nice offensive punch. In addition, it might also light a fire under Andrea and force him into being better player on the defensive end. Try it out for a year and if it works, great, his trade value goes up. If not, his trade value probably stays the same and you can look to move him next summer.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love/Bargnani would be a good combo.
    No. No no no no no no no. No. NOOOO! It would be terrible defensively, TERRIBLE. But the T-Wolves would surely be interested in him.

You send Bargs to a team like the Bucks. For something like Mags + their unprotected first rounder, or Gooden + their 2011, 2012 1st rounders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jd4 wrote: View Post
    There are a few obstacles to moving Bagnani. First, will you get good value for him? I think teams around the league would love to get him but not at a fair market price. They want to get him for a bargain price. I doubt BC will move him for nothing. Second, with a hard cap most likely coming into play, it will be very hard for a lot of teams to commit 4 years and 42 million to a player who remains an enigma. I think the best solution is to go out and sign one of the many defensive minded centres available such as as Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, etc. Then, you move Andrea to the bench. Having him come off the bench with the likes of a Barbosa would give the time a nice offensive punch. In addition, it might also light a fire under Andrea and force him into being better player on the defensive end. Try it out for a year and if it works, great, his trade value goes up. If not, his trade value probably stays the same and you can look to move him next summer.
    The problem with not trading him this summer, is his trade value will decrease the longer you keep him. That's why I was a big proponent of trading him last summer. I felt a season front and center, like he has been, would highlight his flaws and decrease his value, kind of like a player staying in college too long. Bargnani's potential is more valuable than what he actually does. Bargnani is 25 and has been in the league 5 years. The longer he's in the league and the older he gets, the fewer GMs will actually believe that he'll ever be anything more than what he is right now.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information