View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 242 of 527 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #4821
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Personally, I could see Bargs play the 3. Even if he starts the game at this position doesn't mean he'll be there all game long! On offense, I think it could work well. As for the defensive end, just like some of you said before, when he's at the 3, he takes the weakest player on the other team and that's it. I really could see it happen and I'd like to. And if he gets beat by his man, you got some good shot blockers and defenders inside to help him.
    Did you miss my comment when I said that he DID play SF when Jermaine O'Neal was a Raptor?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #4822
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've on record on a number of different threads as saying that bargnani could/should get some minutes at small forward. However, it think that it would only be effective in certain scenarios. If asked "Could Bargnani start and play all his minutes at small forward?" my answer would be a huge "No."

    Playing him full time at the 3 exposes him too much to the athleticism of players mentioned above and allows opposing coaches to construct their game plan around his weaknesses at that positions.

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  3. #4823
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sometimes I wonder whether some of you people actually watch this sport.

  4. #4824
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    I'd be willing to try it. I mean, he could at least guard the Keith Bogans' and James Jones' of the world without too much trouble... right? right?!?! Please tell me I'm right!!!!
    keith bogans is a SG

  5. #4825
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I've on record on a number of different threads as saying that bargnani could/should get some minutes at small forward. However, it think that it would only be effective in certain scenarios. If asked "Could Bargnani start and play all his minutes at small forward?" my answer would be a huge "No."

    Playing him full time at the 3 exposes him too much to the athleticism of players mentioned above and allows opposing coaches to construct their game plan around his weaknesses at that positions.

    That's the point, I don't think no one see him play at the 3 full time. He would not play there full time! If guys like Peja Stojakovic excels at the 3 spot, why Bargnani could not see some minutes at this position?

  6. #4826
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People People, lets move on from AB subject. AB deserves better than Toronto and hopefully, he will get it and will start fresh after the lock outs.

    Time to focus on the Core of Raptors for future : DD,Amir and Ed

  7. #4827
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you see one really possible trade? And do you really see the Raptors trade him? Yes, I'd like them to trade him, but I don't really think they are going to do it.

  8. #4828
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    AB deserves better than Toronto
    Why?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  9. #4829
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Why?
    Ouais, pourquoi? I don't see what he has done for the team to ''deserves better''... When you see LeBron James who gets criticized by everybody because he left Cleveland!

  10. #4830
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Ouais, pourquoi? I don't see what he has done for the team to ''deserves better''... When you see LeBron James who gets criticized by everybody because he left Cleveland!
    Sometimes I wonder whether Raptor4Ever is actually Bargnani. He takes criticism of Bargnani SOO personally.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #4831
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Aldridge vs Bargnani

    Both players are the same age, they came into the league at the same time. And both came in as jumpshooting big men. Both players struggled early with a soft label, neither one were strong rebounders.

    This year, through different circumstances, they had to "lead" their team. WHile Aldridge seized the opportunity and became a borderline All-Star, while averaging career highs in scoring AND rebounding, and tying or coming close to career highs in blocks, steals, assists and field goal percentage. He also was able to lead his team to the playoffs despite a lost year from their franchise player.

    Bargnani, on the other hand, had a career scoring year, but saw his rebounding, blocks and field goal percentage dip and by most accounts had a disappointing season while his team finished with the third worst record in the league.

    So if Aldridge was able to step up, why wasn't Bargnani.










    Mods: Feel free to delete this thread. I just thought I'd try and make a point.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  12. #4832
    Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    8/10

    Watching the Dallas game going on I had basically the same thought.

    (And the answer btw is: LA realized that be must be aggressive. Bargnani didn't.)

  13. #4833
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOOOL, you just can not get over AB, Can you ? How does it feel to be obsessed with a Player ? Do you close your eyes at night thinking about AB and what he is doing to you ? Of course, I am kidding you Pal. you can be stuck on him as much as you like. I actually take pleasure in seeing you suffer in this pain and misery.

    Alderige is a better Player than AB. It was BC's mistake to draft AB before Alderige.(like many other mistakes that he made over the last 5 years, ooppss, MatT is going to get upset that we questioned the Almighty BC) Under the right coaching and under the right system, Aldridge has grown much more than AB has and has fixed his shortcomings more than AB. Again, one can not deny the role of the coaching staff in this great transformation ( BC's 2nd mistake).


    He is also going to get paid alot more than AB over the next few season:

    $10,700,000
    $11,800,000
    $13,000,000
    $14,100,000
    $15,200,000

    versus AB:
    $8,000,000 2.7 less than Aldrige
    $9,000,000 2.8 less than Aldrige
    $10,000,000 2.0 less than Aldrige
    $11,000,000 3.0 less than Aldrige
    $12,000,000 3.2 less than Aldrige

    for a total of : 13.5 million over 5 season


    UMMMM, It is kinda like Aldrige is getting paid like a 2nd best player in a team while AB is getting paid like a 3rd best player

    Nice try, but you fail as usual
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Thu Apr 21st, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

  14. #4834
    Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i see what you did there.

  15. #4835
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    LOOOL, you just can not get over AB, Can you ? How does it feel to be obsessed with a Player ? Do you close your eyes at night thinking about AB and what he is doing to you ? Of course, I am kidding you Pal. you can be stuck on him as much as you like. I actually take pleasure in seeing you suffer in this pain and misery.

    Alderige is a better Player than AB. It was BC's mistake to draft AB before Alderige. Under the right coaching and under the right system, Aldridge has grown much more than AB has and has fixed his shortcomings more than AB. Again, one can not deny the role of the coaching staff in this great transformation ( BC's 2nd mistake).


    He is also going to get paid alot more than AB over the next few season:

    $10,700,000
    $11,800,000
    $13,000,000
    $14,100,000
    $15,200,000

    versus AB:
    $8,000,000 2.7 less than Aldrige
    $9,000,000 2.8 less than Aldrige
    $10,000,000 2.0 less than Aldrige
    $11,000,000 3.0 less than Aldrige
    $12,000,000 3.2 less than Aldrige

    for a total of : 13.5 million over 5 season


    UMMMM, It is kinda like Aldrige is getting paid like a 2nd best player in a team while AB is getting paid like a 3rd best player

    Nice try, but you fail as usual
    Uh, you do realize that Noah is being paid literally twice as much as Amir, who is being paid like the 6th or 7th man, right? You don't even make it hard to catch you on these things. At least make it sporting, won't you?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  16. #4836
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Uh, you do realize that Noah is being paid literally twice as much as Amir, who is being paid like the 6th or 7th man, right? You don't even make it hard to catch you on these things. At least make it sporting, won't you?
    Noah is going to get paid....

    Joakim Noah Salary - Bulls: $3.13M 2011 | $10.0M 2012 (T) | $11.1M 2013 | $12.1M 2014 | $13.2M 2015 | $14.2M 2016

  17. #4837
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Uh, you do realize that Noah is being paid literally twice as much as Amir, who is being paid like the 6th or 7th man, right? You don't even make it hard to catch you on these things. At least make it sporting, won't you?
    You Fail Again !!! So Noah got bigger and stronger because he got paid more this summer !!! Is this the best you came up with to defend your man Amir ??

    Come on Tim, It is too easy to beat you when you put no effort forward.

    Noah got paid for his hard work so did Aldrige. AB is never going to be an Aldrige and that was the mistake made by BC. Maybe he realized it last summer when he gave AB a contract that is for a 3rd best player in a good team.

    But this is different with the whole Amir vs Noah discussion. In that thread, we are NOT discussing who is ever going to be
    better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!! Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

    At least for AB one can say he tried and he is just not that great of rebounder ( due to the way he plays ) and a great HeLP defender. But when it comes to Amir, no can not even say that. He just ran away from the challenge and from helping his.

    Unlike you, I am no obsessed with a Player Pal, so better Luck next time.

  18. #4838
    Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    You Fail Again !!! So Noah got bigger and stronger because he got paid more this summer !!! Is this the best you came up with to defend your man Amir ??

    Come on Tim, It is too easy to beat you when you put no effort forward.

    Noah got paid for his hard work so did Aldrige. AB is never going to be an Aldrige and that was the mistake made by BC. Maybe he realized it last summer when he gave AB a contract that is for a 3rd best player in a good team.

    But this is different with the whole Amir vs Noah discussion. In that thread, we are NOT discussing who is ever going to be
    better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!! Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

    At least for AB one can say he tried and he is just not that great of rebounder ( due to the way he plays ) and a great HeLP defender. But when it comes to Amir, no can not even say that. He just ran away from the challenge and from helping his.

    Unlike you, I am no obsessed with a Player Pal, so better Luck next time.
    no actually we can't say that.

  19. #4839
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    You Fail Again !!! So Noah got bigger and stronger because he got paid more this summer !!! Is this the best you came up with to defend your man Amir ??

    Come on Tim, It is too easy to beat you when you put no effort forward.

    Noah got paid for his hard work so did Aldrige. AB is never going to be an Aldrige and that was the mistake made by BC. Maybe he realized it last summer when he gave AB a contract that is for a 3rd best player in a good team.

    But this is different with the whole Amir vs Noah discussion. In that thread, we are NOT discussing who is ever going to be
    better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!! Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

    At least for AB one can say he tried and he is just not that great of rebounder ( due to the way he plays ) and a great HeLP defender. But when it comes to Amir, no can not even say that. He just ran away from the challenge and from helping his.

    Unlike you, I am no obsessed with a Player Pal, so better Luck next time.
    What can bargnani do besides throw up bricks and score 20 points? Amir is getting better overall with his defence, post game, rebounding etc... As for bargnani sitting at home eating free primo pasta not giving a damn about anything. Anyone who works hard and gives 100% on both ends will achieve alot more in the nba, thats why fans love guys like: Demar, Amir, Reggie, Ed davis, Bayless etc... cause they try they're hardest and work on their game and take it seriously. Something bargnani doesn't seem to know how to do. If bargnani started focusing on the things he needs to improve on and the little things he needs to do to help his team win, he can stay otherwise just trade him the first oppertunity you get.

  20. #4840
    Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    [Snip]
    This is NOT about their skills, this is about their SIZE.

    Noah=6'11", skinny, play C, put on weight to get stronger
    Amir=6'11", skinny, plays PF, hasn't put on weight stronger

    Amir, why you no put on weight?!?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •