View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 350 of 528 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    90% of the people on ANY board is there to whine and cry like a girl who's boyfriend said she's getting a little fat.. bargnani hate is NOTHING... if you're into MMA go onto the sherdog forums... that there is unfiltered hate at its worst

5% actually contribute intelligently

then there's the other 5%...

we're hear to make vagina jokes and talk about bum sex
    hahahahaha love the other 5%!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani article on CNNSI

Good read about Bargnani and also Casey's defensive focus, on NBA front page of CNNSI's website... good to see Raptors coverage on major US sports network sites!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nba_t12_a1
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 25th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the article as well. I love how Dwane has embraced Andrea and is really bringing out another side of him.

Post Thanks / Like

"That's the hard way to come in as a coach," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers. "If you take a new job and you want to make everyone happy, tell them, 'We're going to score -- we're going to score more points.' And then everybody on the team loves you. When you say it the other way -- the way Case has done it -- there's not a lot of fans of that. Yet he's won them over, obviously, by watching how they play and how they defend.
    This is a GREAT point by Doc actually.

Great article. Nice find Calgary!

ADD
    I hope Casey posts this is the Locker Room:
    Bargnani sees no reason why that shouldn't happen. "Defense doesn't require talent, it doesn't require hours of practice in the summertime," he said. "It's not like you have to learn a fadeaway jumper, or you're learning to dribble between the legs. It's much easier. It's just a matter of doing it."

ADD2
    Another great quote here:

"I laugh at people who criticize BC for picking Andrea." -Dwane Casey
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 25th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. That’s nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This is a GREAT point by Doc actually.

Great article. Nice find Calgary!
    No worries... that's how slacking off at the end of a busy work day pays off! lol

The quote from Doc really impressed me too, just to hear a coach talk that positively about another coach. It's also good insight into the fact that the defensive changes he's implemented have already been noticed by the rest of the league. For all the crap BC gets about certain moves, getting Casey has been a fantastic move IMO... just think what he could do with a full training camp and a normal season schedule with much more practice & preparation time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is like that guy standing in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square. That 3rd quarter was incredible.
    Jeez, I hope Bargnani doesn't mysteriously disappear!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    No worries... that's how slacking off at the end of a busy work day pays off! lol

The quote from Doc really impressed me too, just to hear a coach talk that positively about another coach. It's also good insight into the fact that the defensive changes he's implemented have already been noticed by the rest of the league. For all the crap BC gets about certain moves, getting Casey has been a fantastic move IMO... just think what he could do with a full training camp and a normal season schedule with much more practice & preparation time!
    Yep yep.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bargnani is f*ckin' with the haters among the Raptor faithful:

"No," he said. "Actually I never heard this before."

He never was told that Europeans are known as soft defenders?

"I swear to God it's the first time I heard this," he said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1kVyAIyY3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which contract would you prefer: Bargnani or Gallinari?

Via HoopsHype.com:

Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari has agreed to a four-year contract extension, a league source told The Denver Post. The 23-year-old small forward will make close to $42 million in that four year span. Denver Post
    I would take Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsHype.com:

I would take Bargnani.
    Wow.. big contract. His recent play against NYK must have sealed that deal. Yes, I take Bargnani's contract too.. I think Denver is going to be regretting that contract in a year or two.

It should be a lot easier to get Wilson Chandler now

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Gallo is an extremely efficient complementary player with good potential. Worth every penny.

But that not what I came here to say. When the Raptors come together like Voltron, Bargnani is the head. He gets it. He played with heart and left it all out there. I'm so close to jumping back onto his bandwagon again.

I think games like that are why I watch the team and basketball in general. Also, if I told you that the Raptors would win consecutive games against PHX and UTA...
    Last edited by WhatWhat; Thu Jan 26th, 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, he injured his calf again. He was soooo pissed. I've never seen that kind of emotion from this man. I hope the injury isn't as bad as the first time.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Eric Smith's Twitter account (@Eric_Smith) Bargnani will be getting an MRI in the morning but Bargnani is already saying he will be out for awhile as his calf is much worse then it was previously.

The Raptors offense gets so much better with Bargnani on the court...and I never thought I would say this but so does the defense. If Bargnani is out for a couple weeks (or more) that could very easily plummet us right to the bottom once again.

Now that we get to see more development and improvement from Bargnani it is truly disappointing to see him out of the lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

2011/2012 Season
    We hardly knew ye'

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"He'd probably be mad at me for telling this story," said Casey. "But in our first meeting when I had dinner with him before the season started, I told him, 'I know you don't think guys understand what you're saying, or you're speaking broken English, but guys feel it from your heart. They know when you say something in front of them it's coming from your heart and they're going to buy into it. So don't be afraid to say something to guys.'

"It's not in his personality. It's not easy for him, but he's getting there."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1kZbFPVs3
    Wow, that's impressive. It's clear Casey knows a thing or two about human psychology.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani is the 27th Best Player In the League?

1. LeBron James (1)
    2. Kobe Bryant (2)
    3. Dwight Howard (3)
    4. Kevin Durant (4)
    5. Derrick Rose (6)

19. Chris Bosh (13) – Bosh is quietly setting the tone and having a tremendous start to his season. I criticized him for being soft and hesitant last year, but he has done a reverse and is playing like a legitimate All-Star again. I still would like double-figure rebounding. If he does that, the Heat will be dominant.
    20. Steve Nash (18) – I gush when I watch him play. His conditioning just continues to amaze me. Nash has been in constant motion since he entered the league. All due respect to Ray Allen, but Nash is the best shooter in the league and arguably the best ever. He is shooting over 55 percent and drilling over 40 percent of his threes, while leading the NBA in assists again.
    21. Zach Randolph (25)
    22. Manu Ginobili (23)
    23. Marc Gasol (new)
    24. Monta Ellis (new)
    25. Josh Smith (new)
    Next 10
    1. Paul Pierce
    2. Andrea Bargnani
    3. Eric Gordon
    4. Kevin Martin
    5. Ray Allen
    6. Al Horford
    7. Joe Johnson
    8. Tony Parker
    9. Tim Duncan
    10. Kevin Garnett
    Source: HoopsHype.com

Let's discuss. We can archive this in "Everything Bargnani" once it's run its course.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a good sign because all good coaches are good psychologists.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably place Bargnani ahead of J.Smith, Ellis and M.Gasol. So maybe 24th instead of 27th.

Of course, this is all based on Bargnani's play this season, and this season only.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

All the guys he's ahead of on the "next ten" are all either one dimensional or over the hill. I think his play definitely warrants his current slot for sure.

Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this is underrating him IMHO. Raptors change their face when Dre is on the court this year, All-Star caliber stuff..
    Let's go Raptors!

Thread Information