View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 352 of 528 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been more productive than Amir these past few games

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He's been more productive than Amir these past few games
    Yes, but we know better than to judge players based on a few games
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

True but I do like gray starting better. It makes me feel uneasy watching Amir getting destroyed by guys that have 3 - 4 inches on him

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I never left. Tank nation continues. After all, we're starting Aaron Gray :P
    And Butler.

Mind you i really love when they win, you can see the guys on the bench jumping up and down, pushing each other. At least you can see that when this team win games, the camaraderie gets better, and you really want a team to have chemistry not just on the court but on the sidelines as well.

on the flipside, i dont mind losing either coz we could use more pingpong balls for a higher draft pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    And Butler.

Mind you i really love when they win, you can see the guys on the bench jumping up and down, pushing each other. At least you can see that when this team win games, the camaraderie gets better, and you really want a team to have chemistry not just on the court but on the sidelines as well.

on the flipside, i dont mind losing either coz we could use more pingpong balls for a higher draft pick
    lol, agreed. Every time a game starts, I'm hoping each shot goes in. As a fan, you can't help but root for winning basketball.

But on a grander scale, I'm also hoping for as high a pick as possible
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie Thesachman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Timeline for Bargnani's Return?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Thesachman wrote: View Post
    I feel the need to point out that is total speculation on the author's part.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I feel the need to point out that is total speculation on the author's part.
    With he freewheeling use of the word "assume" this author would fit right in here in the comments sections.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely after the all star break.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isnt the OP the author of the linked piece?? LOL

Whatever happened to full disclosure?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Thesachman wrote: View Post
    I think sites like this should have disclaimers on the top, that articles are purely opinion-based and speculation. But on the other hand, if one is dumb enough to believe unquoted sources or articles not linked from NBA, ESPN, or official raptors sites then that's their prerogative.

I actually think Bargnani being out is better for the team right now. Get the other guys to get composed, feel out their games and not have their games rely on how Bargnani affects the game. Also, get Bargnani more time to review tapes and see what he still needs to improve on.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate this shortened and compressed season... Injuries that should only take dudes out for a handful of games, are taking dudes out for half the season

On the bright side, hopefully Bargs will come back with an even bigger chip on his shoulder... That should make for some entertaining games

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Ok, where are the guys who were lobbying for more losses, less wins so we can get a higher draft pick??
    We miss you! haha

At first it looked like he was just frustrated coz he didnt box out Millsap when Millsap tipped in the tying points. I thought they just made it seem like Bargnani was injured but in reality he was just pissed and frustrated and just didnt want to play anymore. i guess there was more to it than that.
    Still alive! Still hoping for good & disciplined play inspite of the talent shorts which inevitably will result in the high/decent pick. Still rooting for that outcome but never unhappy with the type of effort/play as in Utah.

Post Thanks / Like

Via Marc Stein Twitter:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Raptors just announced Andrea Bargnani has suffered no significant damage to his reinjured left calf but team says he's out indefinitely

The best of both worlds for the 'tankers' among us.

Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense to shut him down for a while, no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via Marc Stein Twitter:

The best of both worlds for the 'tankers' among us.
    Who says the Raptors don't get mentioned in the US media? Zach Lowe at SI.com via Twitter:

ZachLowe_SI Zach Lowe
    I fully endorse Toronto tanking, whoops, I mean sitting Bargs indefinitely.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is enough room to host the Super Bowl in between tanking and not taking gambles on the most expensive and best talent on the team.

Post Thanks / Like

With the assumption that it was the space between Barg's ears that needed the right "lubricating" and hence his play so far...time for Casey to work his magic with DD and ED. My own belief is that ED is in need of adjusting to his physical growth/change with some concentration on his short j while DD is probably more mental. DD bothers me because of his SG position and the skill set required there to be considered elite. Will he get there? We'll have to see. But the clock is ticking. A tough decision will have to be made there end of the year. He will have to show he can deal with the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

for some reason everytime i scroll past this thread i think of that "everything zen" song. they did play zen tonight sans bargnani, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting tidbit:

The Raptors have a proprietary evaluation tool call PNet -- it stands for net on-court productivity -- that examines performance on both sides of the ball and goes beyond box score measures to include game logging and coach's input as well.

A season ago it threatened to be Bargnani's undoing as it exposed gaps in his game beyond his career-best 21.4 scoring average.

Now it's an advertisement.

"He's gone from near the bottom of the 300 players we track, to among the top-30," said Colangelo, whose career has been so closely intertwined with the Raptors big man. "The rise is shocking."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...a_kid_no_more/

Thread Information