View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 355 of 527 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to get picky but...

Andrea Bargnani: (Calf) Doesn't Travel With Team, Out Wednesday
    By Rotowire February 01, 2012

Bargnani did not travel with the team to Boston and will miss their game Wednesday, the Raptors' official site reports.
    Source: Rotowire.com

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't want to get picky but...

Source: Rotowire.com
    Fair enough.

That game was followed the next day at home. It was also a few days after restraining his calf. Airplanes are not the best for promoting reduced swelling and healing.

So, now that I have been shown wrong, Bargnani has traveled on every road game this year minus 1 in Boston.

As Nilanka said, one of the new 'culture change' policies Casey has implemented this year is everybody traveling on road trips who are able. I read that somewhere as well, not sure where.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So, now that I have been shown wrong, Bargnani has traveled on every road game this year minus 1 in Boston.
    You're right too much Matt. Somebody had to take you down a notch and I'm the only one with the guts to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You're right too much Matt. Somebody had to take you down a notch and I'm the only one with the guts to do it.
    It is a curse. Thank you. :P

But seriously, that article (or was it on TV?) where they talked about the change from last year to this year with everyone capable traveling doing so is what was stuck in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter.com:

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
    Linas Kleiza a go for #Raptors tonight. Bargnani did more running but still not close

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani feels no pain!

'Flipper' to be released from captivity on Sunday?

Bargnani said he is 100% pain free and can't wait to get back, likely this weekend. Said layoff was extremely frustrating
    My guess is he will sit Sat. After two straight practices and play at home on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    'Flipper' to be released from captivity on Sunday?
    Yeah Bargnani practiced Thursday, full contact. So, I think he is close to returning. But I remember someone saying he'll be coming off the bench because he's lost conditioning and to transition back in after being out so long. IMO, start him, he'll know what to do.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let the tanking continue!

“We’re going to see how [Bargnani] feels,” Casey said.” Whether it’s [Saturday] or Sunday, we’ll see. I don’t want to speak out and then [Saturday] night he’s not ready to go. So we’ll see: [Saturday] or Sunday, or it could even be Tuesday of next week.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...gnanis-return/
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

In terms of lottery balls, this double header could be very important with games versus Detroit and Milwaukee on Saturday and Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is killing me in one of my fantasy leagues...

Post Thanks / Like

At what point do we say, "it's been long enough...Bargnani needs to start producing"?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    At what point do we say, "it's been long enough...Bargnani needs to start producing"?
    I've been trying to wait 10 games but it is hard. I am very disappointed right now.

This will be an important time for Casey. It seems many of the players, Bargnani included, are getting complacent. Opponents PPG and fg % are up of late - alarmingly up.

For many of the players, these last 21 games might determine if they are back next year.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly though, wtf do we do with Bargnani? Even when he was playing well, I was leaning towards traded him, but now I almost think that it's necessary because keeping him looks like a very high risk thing, if you want him to even sniff those 13 games again.

Hopefully we win the lotto, and Unibrow makes it a no-brainer for BC.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Honestly though, wtf do we do with Bargnani? Even when he was playing well, I was leaning towards traded him, but now I almost think that it's necessary because keeping him looks like a very high risk thing, if you want him to even sniff those 13 games again.

Bargnani played strong early in the season when wins mattered.. now the trade dead line is over, and they are out of the playoffs - so his drive has gone back to what it was like the last 5 years.

Bargnani may come back with a big game later in the season, but from my perspective, I don't know if he can redeem himself anymore.

I was hoping to see at least 50 consistent games from him this season (which is a tall order but is expected after 5 fairly poor seasons). His injury derailed that.. so I was hoping at least he'd be able to finish the season strong - and he has disappointed.

I'm back on the 'trade Bargnani' wagon. I'd like to see a scoring wing in return - but there are not a lot to choose from unfortunately. If we can't find a scoring wing, I'd be all for trading Bargnani for another lottery pick.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so we hate him again? like a bunch of 15 year olds in a relationship.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post

"Immigrants! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears I knew it was them!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I don't hate him. I'm just really disappointed. He has shown what he is capable of. There is no one that can stop Bargnani except Bargnani.

I hope he can take a page from David Lee's book, via HoopsHype.com:

Now’s about the time you’d expect a sore knee to crop up for Warriors forward David Lee.

The seventh-year veteran came to the Warriors hoping his days of meaningless end-of-season basketball were over. Having spent five years playing out the string in New York, and having his postseason hopes dashed last year, Lee finds himself once again with nothing tangible to play for.

What’s more, two of the starters he’d grown used to playing with are now in Milwaukee, another is on the shelf with ankle problems, and the big man he’s longed to play alongside is out until next year. Who could blame Lee for wanting to shut it down, too?

Well, he doesn’t.

“At this point,” Lee said after Tuesday’s shootaround, “it’s about continuing to demand respect by playing hard night in and night out.”

Instead of being fed up with having to do it again, Lee said past experience has helped him to cope. Rather than being inspired by the pursuit of playoffs, Lee is driven to protect his reputation. Rather than throw in the towel until next year, Lee said he’d rather set the tone for next year by finishing hard.

This is what Lee does.

“I was always known inNew Yorkbecause of situations like this where you had to finish out the year strong,” Lee said. “I’d come out and continue to play hard and do my job and be known as a pro and a guy with professionalism. That’s what I want to continue to do here and continue that reputation.”

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012...r-lost-season/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    A 15-year old would be smarter than waiting 6 years...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he hasn't played in a full month i don't care who you are but your going to be rusty when you don't play for an extended period of time and especially if your coming off an injury. He'll be back to IL Mago in a couple of games, hopefully against NY i want to see us crush Lin.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, he's played 8 games since the injury. That's a full pre-season's worth of contests.

Thread Information