View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 369 of 528 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 419 469 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I like this news too. Bargnani's been very patriotic since joining the Raptors, so this couldn't have been an easy decision for him.

Aside from the obvious physical benefits associated with skipping the Olympics, I'm encouraged about Bargnani's state of mind (i.e. being 100% committed to the Raptors).
    (As far as I know) Italy didn't qualify for the Olympics and doesn't participate in a qualifying tournament before. The only thing Bargnani skipped out on is a qualifying tournament for the European Championship (in 2013). It's not like he skipped a big tournament and this is probably why he did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    (As far as I know) Italy didn't qualify for the Olympics and doesn't participate in a qualifying tournament before. The only thing Bargnani skipped out on is a qualifying tournament for the European Championship (in 2013). It's not like he skipped a big tournament and this is probably why he did it.
    Is Italy good enough to qualify without him?

Honestly, when it comes to qualifications and individual countries, I am pretty ignorant on European basketball.

Either way though, assuming Bargnani is working on his body and game, I am ecstatic about this news.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Is Italy good enough to qualify without him?

Honestly, when it comes to qualifications and individual countries, I am pretty ignorant on European basketball.

Either way though, assuming Bargnani is working on his body and game, I am ecstatic about this news.
    A lot of countries qualify, 24, so I assume they will qualify. The qualifying rounds are also very late in the summer, in september which probably is a factor in the decision as well.

Post Thanks / Like

between him, Gallo, and Bellini im sure they'd be able to at least qualify.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I read recently that not every international player wants to go back and play for their country. That a lot of them just play because of national pride or a sense of feeling like they must.

That's why I wish they would make the rules for the Olympics 25 and under and keep it more associated with what it should be...amateur athletics.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I read recently that not every international player wants to go back and play for their country. That a lot of them just play because of national pride or a sense of feeling like they must.

That's why I wish they would make the rules for the Olympics 25 and under and keep it more associated with what it should be...amateur athletics.
    Not sure I understand how age contributes to amateur athletics.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

And I have no idea why it 'should be' amateurs. An Olympics without any top athlete in all sports would be plain silly and nobody would care or watch because none of em would be amateurs (except for all the Chinese ...).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post

We often think of many types of athletes as amateur that are not. Track athletes get paid appearance fees and take home some big money in international competitions, don't forget about endorsements as well. Some sports are less high profile and not much money is made, but most, if not all athletes at the Olympics are true amateurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    We often think of many types of athletes as amateur that are not. Track athletes get paid appearance fees and take home some big money in international competitions, don't forget about endorsements as well. Some sports are less high profile and not much money is made, but most, if not all athletes at the Olympics are true amateurs.
    I agree. I've never understood how professional NBA/NHL players could compete at the Olympics. I also recall some pretty big names in various sports renouncing their amateur status to turn pro (ie: get paid), only to decide to return to the Olympics many years later, which never made sense to me either. To me, Olympics should either be fully amateur, or open it up to everybody so you can actually call it 'the best against the best'.

Post Thanks / Like

i was really just setting an arbitrary cap to ensure that even if professionals played they wouldn't necessarily be the top seasoned ones in their primes

Post Thanks / Like

i was really just setting an arbitrary cap to ensure that even if professionals played they wouldn't necessarily be the top seasoned ones in their primes

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a fan, I would much rather watch "the best against the best". I don't have any particular motivation in maintaining the amateur status.

I enjoy watching the Crosbys and LeBrons representing their countries.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree. I've never understood how professional NBA/NHL players could compete at the Olympics. I also recall some pretty big names in various sports renouncing their amateur status to turn pro (ie: get paid), only to decide to return to the Olympics many years later, which never made sense to me either. To me, Olympics should either be fully amateur, or open it up to everybody so you can actually call it 'the best against the best'.
    I actually heard that Stern wants to create an age limit for basketball players to be 23 and under for the Olympics and the Worlds.. that way guys that are older than 23 don't get wiped out by having to play NBA ball all season, and then international ball in the summer every two years. Not sure if it will actually happen, but I personally like that idea.

Here is a link to the story:
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/05...-the-olympics/

Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I forget how skilled Andrea is for a 7 footer. Those are some serious handles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post

Sometimes I forget how skilled Andrea is for a 7 footer. Those are some serious handles.
    Is that the Hoopdome? it looks strikingly similar. Not enough people appreciate Andrea and what he does, the guy is seriously talented.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the reason andrea wasn't an all star in his second or 3rd year in the league is because we had bosh and cause sam mitchell was a retard. Dwane casey would have had him playing like dirk in his 2nd year

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very excited about the news, but the decision must've been one hell of a hard one for Primo Pasta and Sauce...

It's good for him though, he needs to worry about rehabbing off the injury even though he said he was feeling good, and needs to continue on his game. I would like to see a bit more conditioned Andrea come season.

Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Is that the Hoopdome? it looks strikingly similar. Not enough people appreciate Andrea and what he does, the guy is seriously talented.
    I was thinking the same thing. Those adds in the back especially look like hoopdome. Kinda odd that he would rent out the whole facility to use one net though!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found my summer workout routine, except from 20 feet closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani taking the summer off to condition his body is the best case scenario. It shows maturity and accountability to the Raptors.

Thread Information