View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 523 of 527 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Remember 13 games?

And the Knicks are still losing.

He was never going to be anything here. He quit long before the boos rang out.

We'll see what happens to that 2016 pick!
    i do, and its funny, its funny how if you say something long enough, it becomes how it is....but he was good for a lot longer than 13 games. Anyhow, his issue has always been in his brain, all I'm saying, is that if he finally figured it out once he got there...fuck.

My words on this thread aren't about "told you so", hell no, they are all about "what the FUCK, dont tell me NOW he figures this out!"

2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks fans booed Bargs just couple weeks ago, now they're urging Bargs to shoot

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Knicks fans booed Bargs just couple weeks ago, now they're urging Bargs to shoot
    That's that MSG life. That being said Bargs and Melo are the only two knicks with a consistent offense as of late.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    i do, and its funny, its funny how if you say something long enough, it becomes how it is....but he was good for a lot longer than 13 games. Anyhow, his issue has always been in his brain, all I'm saying, is that if he finally figured it out once he got there...fuck.

My words on this thread aren't about "told you so", hell no, they are all about "what the FUCK, dont tell me NOW he figures this out!"
    I know.

It was actually about 18-19 games total.

But he had to go.

Given his value at the time, I'm still shocked.

Never going to succeed in Toronto. Wish him all the best.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's shooting 51%!! Are you fucking kidding me? And what point does Raptors offensive coaching get highlighted on this one?

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if he keeps it up....soon.

Post Thanks / Like

His shooting was never the concern though.
    He's still not really playing any semblance of Defense, and is still allergic to a rebound.
    Blocking Dwight Howard isn't anything special anymore.

If Bargs ever figures 'it' out, that means he's doing more than scoring the ball. Don't forget he averaged 21.5ppg on 45% Shooting for an entire season. We'd kill for that kind of scoring production now ... LOL
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    His shooting was never the concern though.
    He's still not really playing any semblance of Defense, and is still allergic to a rebound.
    Blocking Dwight Howard isn't anything special anymore.

If Bargs ever figures 'it' out, that means he's doing more than scoring the ball. Don't forget he averaged 21.5ppg on 45% Shooting for an entire season. We'd kill for that kind of scoring production now ... LOL
    His shooting was DEFINITELY a concern last year. It fell off the planet, and we were all complaining about all the wasted possessions from his conscience free shot chucking just like Gay this year.

Who knew 25 mins a night and making him a 2nd or 3rd option was the way to go. Nobody here was suggesting that ever, right?

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    He's shooting 51%!! Are you fucking kidding me? And what point does Raptors offensive coaching get highlighted on this one?
    DD and Gay would be shooting at atleast 46% on a team with coach. So no surprise.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Most important percentage to highlight? Knicks won-loss record.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Most important percentage to highlight? Knicks won-loss record.
    Yup. Bargs brought bad luck to New York.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs is the least of NY's problems. Melo is and always was. He wants the ball ALLthe time. And if he doesnt getit or perceives someone else being more successful than he is he throws a hussy fit. He diminished Amare's role (before injury) and he is doing the same to Bargs now.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's last game OT loss to the Pacer's

Minutes 37:53
    10 points 8 rebs

4 for 16 from the field and
    1 for 6 from deep
    1 for 2 from the line

shooting percentages for the game 30/17/50

But 8 rebounds!!!

Barg's ain't the problem in NY but he certainly isn't the future!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You need some context

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's last game OT loss to the Pacer's

Minutes 37:53
    10 points 8 rebs

4 for 16 from the field and
    1 for 6 from deep
    1 for 2 from the line

shooting percentages for the game 30/17/50

But 8 rebounds!!!

Barg's ain't the problem in NY but he certainly isn't the future!
    Hibbert, who AB guarded for most of the game (had foul issues + fouled out in OT), was held to 8 pts 8 Rbs. That included a long & wild (and very rare for him) 3 pt bank shot at the end of the 1st quarter. Suffice to say AB kept him in check.

Been watching both Jose & Andrea in some games. Both are leading their teams in efg% for the "Shooters" on the team (>5 shots per game), so it appears a change was good for both. Dallas with JC have been clicking well (8-4), while New York has not - although they're missing their best defensive guy and have a PG with bad wheels. Plus Carmelo Anthony has had a rough start. JR Smith (Rob Ford's mentor) is not getting high enough (.385 efg%). And Amare is just ........

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would post this video I just saw about the Knicks, Bargnani and how Bargnani has affected their team.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

Thought I would post this video I just saw about the Knicks, Bargnani and how Bargnani has affected their team.
    Someone needs to show this to Craiger, who seems obsessed with wanting Bargnani to succeed (why he does, is beyond me).
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

19. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Someone needs to show this to Craiger, who seems obsessed with wanting Bargnani to succeed (why he does, is beyond me).
    Count me amongst those who have no animosity towards ex-Raptors, as long as they don't hurt our chances as a team. And cheering in the background, as they toil on another team, is not obsessive.

I've had this argument before about attaching oneself to specific players, as if that implies allegiance to a team suffers. I follow Jose, Andrea, and to a lesser extent Davis. Even Carter fits that description, although he holds a more significant place in one's memory. He was the one and only Toronto player who brought me from casual fan, to a somewhat obsessed fan (for Toronto and basketball in general).

Jose QB's a team that sits at 9-4. It includes our former BooBoy Carter, a rejuvenated Monta Ellis, a return to form Dirk Nowitski, and Maid Marion running strong.

Toronto - the management - treated JC with waivering respect, always bringing in a better "potential", only to see Jose grab back the reins of power. He was as loyal as they get. I miss the guy. That sentiment probably exists for many Raptor fans. Sure he was a poor defender, but he could run the team well enough. We just had too many poor defenders, from SG right through to Centre, that exasperated his weakness. Teams that are built on their PG (ala Rose, Westbrook, Paul), can also die by that philosophy. And yes, losing Lebron would kill Miami. Point is, Contender teams don't need a Rose to win, despite how that seems to be a sentiment gathering steam these days.

As for Andrea, he sits 1st in efg% for a stuggling team, that this report ("Don't Blame Melo") implies is his fault. Hard to win when your team has the "highest disparity" amongst the NBA in possessions between the 1st and 2nd option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5CpP2Di5c

[Edit: the Knicks lead the NBA in percentage of isolation plays (13.2)]

Add a SG (and 6th man award player) nailling them at a .310 rate (on 14.5 shots per game), while your PG shoots .376 (.206 - 3pt%) and for whom he makes Jose's defense seem good. Plus losing Chandler has made a huge difference in rim protection.

Then there is Ed Davis probably wishing he was back with Toronto, and in that comfortable role of being a Bench Big who can fill in when the Starter goes down. Worse thing that happened to him, was getting traded to Memphis. Sure they have high hopes for him, but are disappointed with where he is now. IMO, Toronto inflated his value, and that could cost him in the form of a shorter career. Of course, that's all conjecture.

Never-the-less, I wish our fans would let go of the past. Harping on Craiger cause he wants AB to succeed, is the reason why Toronto will toil in obscurity. Beating up on Carter does nothing for our image - especially when being in Canada turns off most NBA players - whether they admit that or not. "It's a beautiful city ...yada yada yada." So why don't they come? If we're such a beautiful city, why - even with a star like Carter - does Hedo become the top free agent signing since I can remember.

If we wish to succeed in our handicapped fashion, then it's time to change the bashing. And wish ex's well. Just like having an Ex spouse. The more you berate them - it's their fault we're in this place - the more miserable your life is. Get over it. You'll like yourself better.

End of rant. lol

Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Sat Nov 23rd, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

WTF is that?

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The end
    speechless
    #FREE

Page 523 of 527 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast

Thread Information