View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 406 of 527 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Raps stay under luxury tax. Anderson would have to agree.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2oy8vv

Raps: Boozer, Ridnour, Amundson
    Bulls: Bargnani, Roy, Anderson
    Wolves: Hamilton, Lucas, Gray

Bulls under luxury tax in 2013 and 2014. Roy is not guaranteed for next year.
    Wolves get SG help which they desperately need. Lucas not guaranteed next year and RIP for just $1M.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man comments asking for someone who takes 3pt shots hurt me...
    We have enough SHOOTERS. people who will take that shot. Our offense has enough weapons to figure itself out.

WE NEED DEFENSE. Specifically a strong Defender in the post.
    Boozer is part of a team KNOWN for their defensive presence. Boozer is probably exactly what we need at PF. A veteran who can spread the floor with the 18 footer, be reliable on the glass, and play anchoring defense.

If we can get Kirk Hinrich in on this (a defensive PG), I project a beautiful lineup with offensive and defensive weapons, as well as a deep bench.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Wow BC wants that 8th seed bad
    No BC wants to save his ass

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Man comments asking for someone who takes 3pt shots hurt me...
    We have enough SHOOTERS. people who will take that shot. Our offense has enough weapons to figure itself out.

WE NEED DEFENSE. Specifically a strong Defender in the post.
    Boozer is part of a team KNOWN for their defensive presence. Boozer is probably exactly what we need at PF. A veteran who can spread the floor with the 18 footer, be reliable on the glass, and play anchoring defense.

If we can get Kirk Hinrich in on this (a defensive PG), I project a beautiful lineup with offensive and defensive weapons, as well as a deep bench.
    Boozer is not known for his D at all. He is a liability in Chicago and is often taken off the court down the stretch due to his inability to get stops. Chicago is great defensively overall, but not because of Boozer.
    Im ok with this trade, but its because of offense and rebounding, not D

Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Boozer + Heinrich ---> Bargs + Kleiza + Anderson

Bulls for salary cap reasons + lack of 3pt shooting. I think Anderson can play really nicely with Tom.

Raptors for this lineup:
    Lowry, Heinrich
    Derozan, Ross
    Gay, Fields
    Boozer, Acy (Amir/Gay during smallball)
    Valancuinas, Amir

Even our bench at almost every position is delicious.
    We have a strong post presence, everyone can shoot outside the key (good spacing, no offensive holes), enough 3pt threats (Kirk, Lowry, ROSS, Gay), good penetration (Lowry, Derozan, Gay), an assist first pointguard (Kirk) a shoot first pointguard (Lowry), Good rebounding presence (Val, Boozer, Amir, Lowry, Gay), a strong defensive lineup (Kirk/Lowry, Ross, Gay, Boozer, Amir) and last but not least a crunch time scorer/leader (Gay)

From PG to the Wings to the Post, we have a good mix of offense and defensive capabilities. No one is a liability at any end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I believe Raps stay under luxury tax. Anderson would have to agree.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2oy8vv

Raps: Boozer, Ridnour, Amundson

Bulls under luxury tax in 2013 and 2014. Roy is not guaranteed for next year.
    Wolves get SG help which they desperately need. Lucas not guaranteed next year and RIP for just $1M.
    Actually, Raps go in to the luxury tax I believe, just barely. Same as above but minus Amundson:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4yhgce

Raps: Boozer, Ridnour, CHI 2013 1st rd pick

Bulls under luxury tax in 2013 and 2014 saving them probably like $40M when you consider the revenue sharing they are now available to receive. This is why I threw in the draft pick. Roy is not guaranteed for next year.

Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    Boozer is not known for his D at all. He is a liability in Chicago and is often taken off the court down the stretch due to his inability to get stops. Chicago is great defensively overall, but not because of Boozer.
    Im ok with this trade, but its because of offense and rebounding, not D
    It takes a team to play defense. Boozer was starting for the number 1 defense in the league. He clearly is no slouch at such an important position (in the post)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It takes a team to play defense. Boozer was starting for the number 1 defense in the league. He clearly is no slouch at such an important position (in the post)
    This is a recently familiar debate with Gay and MEM if I recall correct.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe some how we could get the Swirsk included in the deal.. Boozer/Hinrich/Swirsk for BArgs/Fields/Devlin... make it happen BC!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

if we take boozer we better get charlottes pick

Post Thanks / Like

This is a recently familiar debate with Gay and MEM if I recall correct.
    And Im of the opinion that Gay is our best wing defender at the moment (soon enough Ross will take the status).

Both Boozer and Heinrich can be those veterans holding our defense together. They are emotionally stable enough to hold together the team as they fall apart on that inevitable 4th quarter stretch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    maybe some how we could get the Swirsk included in the deal.. Boozer/Hinrich/Swirsk for BArgs/Fields/Devlin... make it happen BC!!
    +1000, I started watching basketball to that gentleman's voice.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely do not want Boozer.. terrible move. He is one of the only few guys I would not want traded for Bargnani. Too much money, long term, old...

I'd rather go for an injured Gasol then Boozer. This season is over, so what's the point in getting Boozer now? If BC makes this move he's a bigger idiot then I thought he was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I absolutely do not want Boozer.. terrible move. He is one of the only few guys I would not want traded for Bargnani. Too much money, long term, old...

I'd rather go for an injured Gasol then Boozer. This season is over, so what's the point in getting Boozer now? If BC makes this move he's a bigger idiot then I thought he was.
    For the record, Gasol is older than Boozer.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how is 31 old? Steve nash is like 40
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

theres a very thin line that borders Genius & insanity.. im not sure which side this falls under but it could work out very well if the right pieces fall into place..& if not we dump him on some dummy like Kahn! LOL

if we do get Boozer i hope someones at the airport to carry his bags, we dont want him tripping over them again! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raptors get a draft pick out of it I am good with it. Bulls likely picking 20 range or if they (edit: they being Raptors and pick is top 12 protected this year, 10 next, 8 '15, and unprotected '16) get Charlotte's pick... that would be even better.

As for this year, Raps should be trying to win as many games as possible. Boozer, despite age/contract/injury history he is still much better than Bargnani. Their injury histories are pretty much on par as well. Deal definitely makes Raps a playoff team next year in my opinion and gives Toronto a low post scoring threat who is also a decent passer.

This also lines Toronto up with a tonne of money coming off the books in 2015 right before extensions are due for JV and Ross.

For Chicago, Bargnani's contract is coming off the books when Mirotic would likely be coming to the NBA who would also be a stretch 4. Looks like Chicago is trying to lay a foundation for the very distant future.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Feb 7th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft pick or not, i'd still rather have JV learning from Boozer than Bargnani.

You might think there'd be better trades available but maybe there isn't. If it comes down to Bargs vs Boozer, I'd take Boozer. It seemed like everyone wanted Bargs gone for a pack of peanuts and now we have it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

KC Johnson writes for Chicago Tribune.

I am shocked Chicago initiated..... wait a second.... no longer shocked.... surprised.
    I can't say I am surprised Chicago want to get rid of Boozer because there were already rumors in the offseason they wanted Taj Gibson to become a starter.

I am surprised at Chicago showing interest in Bargnani. It makes me think they believe Bargnani will be an easier contract to move tha Boozer's.

Boozer 's FG% this year is a personal worst and a full 6% less than his career average. Like Gay, he's a risk but this is one I would not take.

Post Thanks / Like

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Casey on Bargs boos: "It's not like he had a back ache or a headache or a tooth ache. He had a torn tendon in his arm, a legit injury."
    I'm not condoning the boos but I don't think Casey understands what the boos are about. This is not because he missed time due to an injury. It is because he played like absolute shit to start the season which was the breaking point of 7 years of disappointments and frustrations for many fans and more fuel to the fire for many more.
    Tim Leiweke

Thread Information