Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    They actually wouldn't be great. Would they be average or slightly above definitely. You can't be great with your guards/wings constantly being beat of the dribble and getting inside. If the Raptors are depending on Jose, Demar, Barbosa and Kleiza to keep guys in front of them the D will always be suspect. I left out JJ as he can hold his own and Bayless at least puts in an effort and with all of the ankle injuries last year it's not fair to throw him under the bus with the others.
    Orlando has lots of mediocre/bad perimeter defenders, but they can take risks because they've got superman behind them. A great defensive center makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

• Brandon wrote: View Post
      Orlando has lots of mediocre/bad perimeter defenders, but they can take risks because they've got superman behind them. A great defensive center makes all the difference in the world.
      I agree and disagree with your comment. Agree that it makes a difference which is obvious. Disagree with "all the difference in the world" as Orlando's perimeter defenders are not nearly as bad as ours. Not a good comparison as all IMO and I won't even get started on coaching which is also a huge component.

Comment

• this all brings up the question.... given that the raps are atrocious defensively across the board (with a couple glimmers of competence here and there).... would you rather see them improve their interior d to compensate for the awful perimeter d... or improve their perimeter defense to compensate for their Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flaling Tube Man interior defense?

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          this all brings up the question.... given that the raps are atrocious defensively across the board (with a couple glimmers of competence here and there).... would you rather see them improve their interior d to compensate for the awful perimeter d... or improve their perimeter defense to compensate for their Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flaling Tube Man interior defense?
          Only a Raptors fan would settle for one instead of demand both - lol.

To be serious and answer your question, as long as Bargnani remains, I would go with the improve the perimeter D. Amir, Davis, and JV excel at those at which Bargnani suffers.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Only a Raptors fan would settle for one instead of demand both - lol.

To be serious and answer your question, as long as Bargnani remains, I would go with the improve the perimeter D. Amir, Davis, and JV excel at those at which Bargnani suffers.
            I agree that the perimiter is the best potential help for the defense. With Bayless inserted into the starting line up, JJ losing weight we should be slightly better without any moves. With that being said it'd be nice to have a Tony Allen, Battier, Affallo or Batum type off the bench to bring some grit/different look.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              I agree that the perimiter is the best potential help for the defense. With Bayless inserted into the starting line up, JJ losing weight we should be slightly better without any moves. With that being said it'd be nice to have a Tony Allen, Battier, Affallo or Batum type off the bench to bring some grit/different look.
              ya our defense should improve quite a bit next season. With Bayless starting, JJ losing weight,Ed putting on some muscle and DeMar working with D Case we should be a bit better on the defensive end next season. Lets hope bargnani improves his defense too(if he's still on this team)

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                ya our defense should improve quite a bit next season. With Bayless starting, JJ losing weight,Ed putting on some muscle and DeMar working with D Case we should be a bit better on the defensive end next season. Lets hope bargnani improves his defense too(if he's still on this team)
                Your right 4 of the 5 starters are almost guaranteed (I have Davis starting over Amir opening night) from last season. With a better system implemented by Casey and holding Dre accountable/keeping him focused there is good reason to believe all 5 will be better. Only time will tell but I don't think there is anywhere but up to go for the club.

Comment

• Yes I also expect most of the team to be better(I'm sorry except Bargani he just hasn't showed much defensive improvement..ever) and only by that we will win many more games.Actually does anyone have the number of last season for how many games we were beaten by 1-7 points in the last 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter. In my memory(based on broken objects in my home ) there were many of those games. I believe if that gets fixed by default we should win at least 10 more games next season without any significant roster change.

Comment

• footarez wrote: View Post
                    Yes I also expect most of the team to be better(I'm sorry except Bargani he just hasn't showed much defensive improvement..ever) and only by that we will win many more games.Actually does anyone have the number of last season for how many games we were beaten by 1-7 points in the last 2-3 minutes of the 4th quarter. In my memory(based on broken objects in my home ) there were many of those games. I believe if that gets fixed by default we should win at least 10 more games next season without any significant roster change.
                    Not sure on the number of game lost in the final minutes but there were definitely a number of them. I'd like to see the team compete night in night out but still manage to get into the lottery. Seeing as how we're not going to attract any free agents the best way to improve is through the draft. With having a solid foundation going forward (Demar, Ed, Dre, JV, Amir, Bayless and JJ) we just need that star player to bring it together and next year has a few of them. Adding that missing piece and sprinkling in some vets and we're a team on the rise fast.

Comment

• even if bargnani can average 6.5 Rpg, around 1 block and play in the paint more often i'd be pretty happy.

Comment

even if bargnani can average 6.5 Rpg, around 1 block and play in the paint more often i'd be pretty happy.
                        Comparing that statement with similar prior seasons statements is similar to a guy's standards for 'companionship' at the bar 15 minutes to closing time versus around 10pm.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Comparing that statement with similar prior seasons statements is similar to a guy's standards for 'companionship' at the bar 15 minutes to closing time versus around 10pm.
                          i have no idea what your talking about...

Comment

even if bargnani can average 6.5 Rpg, around 1 block and play in the paint more often i'd be pretty happy.
                            What about defense? What about effort Who cares if the guy gets a block and game and 6.5 rpg if he's a complete liability on defense?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It's all about standards. You seem to have pretty low standards for Bargnani.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Each season the bar keeps getting lowered for Bargnani with regards to rebounding and/or defense. Very early in his career it was 9-10, then 8-9, then 7-8, now we are hoping for 6.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X