Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'd argue that there is no starting PF in the NBA worse than Bargnani. Scratch that -- in the history of the NBA.
    As a mathematician, I just love hyperboles!

Comment

• Bargnani... For Ilyasova?

Very interesting now that it's gaining some heat. Quite frankly, unless he's playing the power forward and no other position, and Derozan/Ross/JV/Lowry/Gay/Johnson aren't traded, I'm content with the deal.

Although, if any of the above players are included, no thank you.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• The SportsNet source is HoopsWorld.com.

Comment

• Ugh....Ilyasova is a big SF who doesn't fill a hole.

I want no part of this 1-year wonder.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The SportsNet source is HoopsWorld.com.

a step up from bleacher report... lol

I like Ersan I would do a trade involving him
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Ugh....Ilyasova is a big SF who doesn't fill a hole.

think of the small ball possibilities
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Ugh....Ilyasova is a big SF who doesn't fill a hole.

I'm with you on this one. Too many wings already, and even though he is capable of playing the 4, it's just not his regular position, and that's what we're looking to fill.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  What about the majority of the regular lineup? We still wouldn't have a legit starting PF.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Rudy Gay is already the best player for the small ball lineups.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani is 27, due to make $10.75M & $11.5M the next 2 seasons.

Boozer is 31, due to make $15.3M & $16.8M the next 2 seasons.

The Raps are already very close to the luxury tax threshold for next season and this trade would push them into the tax. Not only does that make them a tax team, but it severely limits their options for additional roster moves: no bi-annual exception, significantly reduced MLE, more strict financial trade requirements.

I don't think Boozer is enough of an upgrade to justify making 42% / 46% more money than Bargnani over the next two seasons, especially with the negative impact on roster flexibility moving forward.
                      +1 very good points.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• No thanks.

I'd keep Bargnani.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No thanks. I'd rather keep Bargnani than trade for Ilyasova.

Comment

• Ilyasova is not a need since we have Gay. He can shoot which is great since he can spread the floor.. but he's not a banger and until JV really develops it doesn't really make sense.

I like his contract in that I think he's moveable (3 years @ $23.7M) if he doesn't fit. Everyone needs a shooter that can rebound. Because he's an upgrade over Bargnani I'd do it.

Comment

• I wonder about a 3-way trade with Milwaukee & Utah, for Millsap? Would the Jazz have any interest in Ilyasova, assuming Milwaukee likes Bargnani?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                I wonder about a 3-way trade with Milwaukee & Utah, for Millsap? Would the Jazz have any interest in Ilyasova, assuming Milwaukee likes Bargnani?
                                Oooooooohhhhh. Calgary, you thinker, you!

Comment

Working...
                                X