No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a nice read soft Euro, great work.
    I've never used synergy sports, but do they define what constitutes an Iso play? The lebron stat is interesting, I don't remember Bargs guarding him one on one this season that often.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
      That was a nice read soft Euro, great work.
      I've never used synergy sports, but do they define what constitutes an Iso play? The lebron stat is interesting, I don't remember Bargs guarding him one on one this season that often.
      I don't know if they define anywhere what they see as an isolation play, but it is basically what you think it is, just like the one in the video against Joe Johnson.

The 13 matchups against Lebron were for the most part in the game on january 22nd. Lebron had 38 points on 14 of 29 shooting, but 7 of his misses came from isolation offense against Bargnani. A lot of those plays were Lebron on a wing and the other players spacing out on the weakside.

Comment

• Excellent post Soft Euro. The Raptors, being high in iso rankings itself suggest that defensive awareness and trust are much bigger issues than individual defense.

Comment

• footarez wrote: View Post
          Some silence going on around here...
          Perhaps the calm before the storm?

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I usually hate saying things like this, but anyone who thinks that Bargnani is anything better than a bad defender knows little to nothing about basketball, or has simply not watched him play.
          I expect the above message from Tim W to be PG compared to his next posting! lol

Comment

• He's a 25 year old a legit seven footer who can post 21PPG. He's flawed but not crap. In fact he's highly talented. I think lots of teams would be interested. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, he's never had a great established coach and he's so young that there are going to be people out there who think they can fix his deficiencies.

Comment

• So where are we now? Is Bargnani an above avg. iso defender, a good iso defender, or a great iso defender?
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Ehh...I'd say average. There were little isolation plays on him during the season and the players he was defending were slightly below average. I'd still say that he made a significant regression in one-on-one defense too.

Bargnani is still a terrible defender though. His help defense and rebounding are that bad.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He's a 25 year old a legit seven footer who can post 21PPG. He's flawed but not crap. In fact he's highly talented. I think lots of teams would be interested. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, he's never had a great established coach and he's so young that there are going to be people out there who think they can fix his deficiencies.
                  Lets hope so and if not then we can always trade him.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Lets hope so and if not then we can always trade him.
                    You mean, "let's hope so, so the Raptors can trade him and dump his problems on someone else."
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      You mean, "let's hope so, so the Raptors can trade him and dump his problems on someone else."
                      No not really, i meant what i said

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        No not really, i meant what i said
                        So you think the Raptors should wait until Bargnani's trade value has bottomed out before trying to trade him?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Definately not a myth.

Comment

So you think the Raptors should wait until Bargnani's trade value has bottomed out before trying to trade him?
                            "What are you people waiting for huh?"

Comment

I think with Casey on the scene now if they keep Bargnani and even Casey, a defensive mastermind, can't reach him then his value will plummet. On the other hand if Casey does reach him then it's a big pay off. The whole thing might be too rich for my blood. I'm in favor of cutting losses and getting something good in return now.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                So where are we now? Is Bargnani an above avg. iso defender, a good iso defender, or a great iso defender?
                                All I'm willing to on record with is that it's impossible to hold up the argument that he's bad at everything on defense. The available stats on defensive plays just don't back that one up at all. I'm sorry to say that some fans only see what they wanna see and somehow that's the idea "that he is this terrible defender that you can’t put out there."

Comment

Working...
                                X