No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We would suck with curry and beidreis on the team (our front line wouldn't have a guy who wieghed more then 230 pounds What a F__kin joke). This spin a trade dial is for 2 year olds.

Comment

• BLahhhblahhh bllahaha maybe you arses can make up more retarded things

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I agree wtih the premise but the Raps only had 8 warm bodies last night. Wright started out on LeBron and that didn't go to well either. I don't think Bargnani was the answer either. The team is struggling anyways and with all the injuries they are bad - what else is there to say?
        8 warm bodies, so explain why Alabi did not get to see the court? Give him some minutes to get someone else a rest. No excuse for Triano. Been enough all year so far. A coach needs to coach to let the guys know that they will not start if they don't play hard. Point made!

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          8 warm bodies, so explain why Alabi did not get to see the court? Give him some minutes to get someone else a rest. No excuse for Triano. Been enough all year so far. A coach needs to coach to let the guys know that they will not start if they don't play hard. Point made!
          Alabi on James? Surely you do not mean that. But you are right, he could have played.

Alabi does not deserve to be on the court because did you not see the game vs ORL? He played awful. I think JT has a point made to Alabi. Also, the Raps actually did not quit and got themselves back to single digits in the 4th quarter. It turned back in to a 20 point game in the final 3 minutes.

Bottom line: after Alabi's showing vs ORL, he deserved to be on the pine, IMO.

Comment

• It was a head scratcher and a joke. One play where LBJ went to the baseline with Bargs covering him, Calderon went in for the help and he scored and had an and 1. Armstrong was all over the call because Calderon never touched LeBron. It was a joke with those two on defense. As far as I'm concerned, Triano is nothing more than a summer league coach. He's there to ensure that our record stays as bad as it is and BC is here to keep it that way. Once this franchise drafts a few good players both BC and Triano will not be here going forward. It's like JP Ricciardi leaving with Anthopolous at the helm to carry the ball forward.

This franchise will have a new coach and a new GM moving forward. At least, I hope so.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Before our team couldnt defend, but atleast it could score, these days we cant even score. Triano is losing control of the team, they dont play inspired for him, he has been coaching for almost 2 full years now and there has been a decline in performance. Its time for him to go, and if BC doesnt pull the trigger then we gotta replace BC too.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                Before our team couldnt defend, but atleast it could score, these days we cant even score. Triano is losing control of the team, they dont play inspired for him, he has been coaching for almost 2 full years now and there has been a decline in performance. Its time for him to go, and if BC doesnt pull the trigger then we gotta replace BC too.
                Let Triano finish out the season. Let him go quietly. But yes, I agree.
                I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Jay and his knowledge of the game, and it's no coincidence why Coach K and D'antoni selected him for their USA program.

Comment

Before our team couldnt defend, but atleast it could score, these days we cant even score. Triano is losing control of the team, they dont play inspired for him, he has been coaching for almost 2 full years now and there has been a decline in performance. Its time for him to go, and if BC doesnt pull the trigger then we gotta replace BC too.
                  A new coach won't do anything now.

The guys continue to play hard and there is a wealth of knowledge on the staff.

I'm not sure Phil Jackson would get more from this team.

Come the summer, a change in command is definitely a very strong consideration.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    A new coach won't do anything now.

The guys continue to play hard and there is a wealth of knowledge on the staff.

I'm not sure Phil Jackson would get more from this team.

Come the summer, a change in command is definitely a very strong consideration.
                    I'm not saying fire him, I'm confused because it was such a bad decision that no one questioned it. Jack Armstrong was criticizing the refs and not on JT decision making. Not to mention switching on screens when Lebron was playing the pick and roll was a terrible decision that I've rarely seen this season (I watched all Miami's games and defenders go under the screen daring Lebron to shoot) but we've got an assistant as a head coach and surely the players know that. One of the simplest principles of basketball is to create a mismatch (usually with a screen) and when you place your worst defender on two bad knees to cover the best player in the world you are basically giving 2 pts away. If we AS FANS know this what do you think the players are thinking about JT?
                    They quit on him last year in a playoff chase when Lebron had a "source" (Bosh lol) that told him they quit and they are doing the same this year. I was saying JT should have been fired after the collapse but now it's too late. Tank the season to give us a shot at Kyrie Iriving or Perry Jones.

Comment

• its not about x's and o's its about getting the most out of your guys, I know people think that the raptors play hard, but this is a numbers game and right now we aren't seeing any. PJ Carlesimo has proven that he can coach good team defense, I think the sooner the change happens the better. Triano has been given enough time and the team seems to be degressing. Look at a coach like larry brown he was in charlotte for one year, within that year charlotte ended up being top 5 in the league defensively (last year). No doubt triano knows his basketball, but is he a good leader? Has he been able to get the team to buy into anything in the last 164 games, I dont think so. So why waste time, get rid of him, get PJ or Larry Brown.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Keep JT, we need this guy.

Comment

• In the last few minutes of the game last night, lebron was getting so much help from the refs. I have never seen so many bullsh*t calls go to a star player before. Whenever a raptor breathed on lebron it was a foul. I think jay did not have a choice but to go with bargs; hoping that he would play a bit off lebron and force him to shoot the ball. The problem was the bargs played to tight and allowed James to blow by him in the 4th.

I can see what jay was trying to do, but it just didn't work out

Comment

• Jack Armstrong and fans shouldn't be complaining about calls Lebron and other superstars get because that's just how it is in the NBA. All stars get calls (ask Garnett about Kevin Durant), it's a reality all teams deal with when playing Lebron. And JT had options, Julian Wright was not in foul trouble. He chose to favor offense instead of defense despite the fact that you need to make stops in order to make a comeback.

Comment

• Comment

its not about x's and o's its about getting the most out of your guys, I know people think that the raptors play hard, but this is a numbers game and right now we aren't seeing any. PJ Carlesimo has proven that he can coach good team defense, I think the sooner the change happens the better. Triano has been given enough time and the team seems to be degressing. Look at a coach like larry brown he was in charlotte for one year, within that year charlotte ended up being top 5 in the league defensively (last year). No doubt triano knows his basketball, but is he a good leader? Has he been able to get the team to buy into anything in the last 164 games, I dont think so. So why waste time, get rid of him, get PJ or Larry Brown.
                                People are jumping on the "let's blame Triano bus" way too quickly. The team has been completely decimated by injuries, they have one of the youngest and most inexperienced rosters in the league, and unfortunately with some of the least amount of talent. The best scorer can't defend or rebound, the best rebounder can't score and the best defender can't shoot. Flawed doesn't begin to describe this roster.

They play hard in most games, but with the roster the way it is right now, you could go back in time and grab a Red Auerbach in his coaching prime and he wouldn't make much of a difference with this team.

Triano has made his fair share of mistakes, and I completely disagree with putting Bargnani on LeBron, but it doesn't mean he was wrong. I have no idea what the reasoning was behind it, but since he knows far, far more about basketball than any of us, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

The bottom line is that Triano has done what he can in a no-win situation. Like the players, he has developed as a coach in the 2 years he's been the head coach. He's learned from his mistakes as everyone does.

And anyone that thinks PJ Carlesimo or Larry Brown is the solution should give their head a shake. Both are excellent coaches, but neither is going to solve the Raptor's woes. Carlesimo was fired in a similar situation in Seattle when Kevin Durant was in his rookie season. Larry Brown certainly didn't help make the Knicks into anything and failed in Charlotte this season. Coaches are not cure-alls.

Coaches can't make bad players into good ones. They can't make players who don't care about defense into good defensive players. They can't make lazy players into hustlers. They can't win with bad team. Each coach has his strengths and his weaknesses. Phil Jackson has been criticized because of his inability to handle Kobe, something that he left up to Tex Winter when he was on staff. Winter also handled a lot of the x's and o's.

I see absolutely no point in firing Triano now or this summer. There's really be no point. It's not like a change of coach is going to make Bargnani play defense. Maybe Triano is not the coach that can take the team to a Championship, but replacing him in mid-rebuild is pointless.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X