No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason why Bargnani to LA has to happen?

Bargnani has 3 years left on his deal.

Kevin Love also has 3 years on his deal and a player option for year 4.

Bargnani is the place holder for Love.

Anderson has 4 years on his deal and will mess up the Love/Howard pairing that is bound to happen.

Comment

• “They tend to be honest when they’re talking about other players and the issues that are at hand — pretty brutally honest — and that’s what you want.

“You want guys to be honest and open.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ryan-colangelo
      I do hope players were finally was pretty brutally honest with Bargnani.

Comment

• LOS ANGELES - Andrea Bargnani has heard the trade rumours. He knows he has been targeted in the media and by the public for much of what ails the Raptors.

And all of it is having zero effect on him. In fact, he even understands it.

“No, of course it doesn’t affect me, but I think it does make sense on this team,” he said. “Who else would you blame? I don’t really know what you want me to answer.”

Even the trade rumours, the kind that keep popping up, the kind that can mess with a player’s head aren’t having any impact on him.

“Of course I hear the trade rumours,” he said. “But trades are part of the job. Since the first day I joined this team seven years ago, I knew I could be traded. That’s the reality. From Day 1 you know that can happen at any time.”

In Bargnani’s almost Spock-like logical world, there is no point in letting something that has always been a distinct possibility affect him one way or the other, and there’s certainly no point in getting oneself prepared for such an eventuality.

“It’s something you don’t control, so there’s no purpose in being prepared for it or getting prepared for it,” he said. “The only thing you really care about is trying to play good for yourself and for the team. That’s what you have to prepare for. A trade? Be prepared or not prepared, it doesn’t make you a better player or a worse player. If it’s going to happen, it happens. If it doesn’t, I mean it’s not something you really think about, at least I don’t think about it.

“Maybe you have more chance of being traded when you’re playing good, right? Because your value is up ... I don’t panic, honestly. So all these rumours and the talking? What does thinking about rumours get you at the end of the day?”

Bargnani has become the focus of much of the fans’ ire for a number of reasons. Two of the biggest are that his scoring is down and his inability to show emotion which is often misinterpreted as a guy who just doesn’t give a damn. But Bargnani will never be a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Heck, his emotions may never leave the inside of his skin, but he knows this about himself and he’s fine living with whatever consequences that brings.

“I am very able to (stay even-keeled) which is a very good thing from one side but from the other side it’s not such a great thing, so you have two sides. But I’m definitely able to do that.”

Bargnani had one more revelation that came out when he was asked if he thought his team had hit rock bottom with the 30-point loss in Utah on Friday.

“Losing by 30 is different but it’s still losing,” he said. “I mean, for me personally, the loss in Sacramento didn’t feel any better than the Utah loss. It’s still a loss. You could say Utah was the bottom because we lost by 30 but I think we hit the bottom a couple of weeks ago.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/08...-trade-rumours
        Surprise. Bargnani doesn't care about trade rumours.

The bold is where I call bullshit. There was quite a bit of emotion from his last season in those infamous games.

Comment

• Was about to post that article too, Matt. Interesting insight into Bargnani's head.

I recall many articles leading up to the 2006 draft, and afterwards, that talked about Bargnani's "mental toughness", which is just a nice way of saying his lack of fucks to give about what people say about him. I don't like the way he's playing right now, but I do respect him for that.

He's also bang on about the bottoming out part. Utah looked really bad, but we've hit the bottom a long time ago and have been incapable of getting up.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            There was quite a bit of emotion from his last season in those infamous games.

(from last year)
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Bargnani says Raps are the worst in the NBA.

Don't forget to remind @Raptors and @RaptorsMR one of the big reasons why.

#tradeBargnani

Comment

• On the other hand with Bargnani, he's been here seven years, it's long overdue. Part of the solution or part of the problem? Permanent Potential Syndrome? We talk too often about his upside and not enough about what he actually does right here and now for you. I have been guilty of that in my defence of him. I have defended him for a long time and been quite, maybe overly patient with him. It's time for him to stand on his own two feet and produce in a way that benefits his team and not his stat line. Can he do it? Absolutely. Will he and/or does he want to? Only he can answer that. It's a team game; always was and always will be.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/jack_armstrong/?id=411820
                MLSE/Raptor paid commentators are telling it like it is. Shouldn't be long now.

Comment

• AC Earl

Now that the Raps are on a 3 game winning streak without Bargnani, how difficult is it going to be to move him? What can the Raptors get for him in return? I am thinking a second round pick.

Alex Kennedy

Thanks for submitting your questions. I’ll be back next Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET! Have a great week!

I think Andrea Bargnani is worth more than that. He could still be a very good player if put in the right situation. If the Raptors shop him, I believe they’ll be able to find a trade partner who is willing to give up key pieces for him.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...1XdRiCJWr9m.99
                  Wow. Wouldn't that be a great start to the new year. I think many, myself included, think too little of his trade value at this point. I sure hope Alex is correct. Although, key pieces is not defined.

Comment

• We should package him with Pietrus and try to bring in a Veteran Pf

Comment

Wow. Wouldn't that be a great start to the new year. I think many, myself included, think too little of his trade value at this point. I sure hope Alex is correct. Although, key pieces is not defined.
                      Bryan was able to deal Turk who was actually worse than Bargnani was this year and had a much more terrible contract. So I do see us getting something of value back. I just have no idea what that could be. Anything interesting on the Suns roster? Could Bryan dupe them again?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Bryan was able to deal Turk who was actually worse than Bargnani was this year and had a much more terrible contract. So I do see us getting something of value back. I just have no idea what that could be. Anything interesting on the Suns roster? Could Bryan dupe them again?
                        Their draft pick - unprotected - and a really, really bad contract/apple in the Beeeaz.

Comment

Their draft pick - unprotected - and a really, really bad contract/apple in the Beeeaz.
                          I'd do that deal. Even with Beasley.
                          I remember I got in a debate with Tim W. in defense of Beasley ... I'd now apologize to Tim for that; and I'd never be so silly as to defend him now, nor would I encourage the club to go after him ... But I'd do this deal. Given Bargnani's leash, I could see Beasley blossoming. Or not.

Comment

• I just hope for a draft pick... We need some ammunition for the tank in the 2014 Wiggins hunt
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I'd do that deal. Even with Beasley.
                              I remember I got in a debate with Tim W. in defense of Beasley ... I'd now apologize to Tim for that; and I'd never be so silly as to defend him now, nor would I encourage the club to go after him ... But I'd do this deal. Given Bargnani's leash, I could see Beasley blossoming. Or not.
                              I remember I got in a debate with Time W. in defense of another killer B. I'd now apologize to Tim for that as well; and I'd never be so silly to defend him now, nor would I encourage the club to keep him.

Actually, I'd make that pick a 2014 pick. If it was a 2013 pick, I don't think I'd bother.

Comment

• Suns already have a 7 footer who plays bad defense, shoots almost exclusively from the outside, and doesn't rebound: Channing Frye. They've got the good sense to keep him on the bench, though. Can't see them trading for Bargs.

Comment

Working...
                                X