Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    The relevancy of that is nill. I dont need to be an english professor to correct grammar, and I dont need to be a professional basketball player to laugh my ass off at this failure.
    We have seen him make that move a million times, we are just finding it so freaking hilarious to see someone who was priased as the 'savior' for the knicks championship hopes, and now showing he is a net-negative on the floor, no matter WHAT team you put him on. The fact he couldnt get up for that dunk says a lot about his athleticism. It used to be there, but he has been out of shape now for 2 seasons.

I'm not sure where the saviour tag is coming from. But YES .... we've seen this move before. And for the most part, he makes those shots. As Craig said - maybe not so eloquently - Love hip checked him. Should've been a foul call. Andrea looks like he's still trying to get back into shape - after recovering from pneumonia.

AirBall aside, AB was the Knicks best shooter for the game. And despite a horrible first game, he has the best fg% amongst the "shooters" - .500 - albeit it's only 3 games. Bring on the AB-3 chant.

Hopefully the fans can move on - we have enough to worry about here. Reality is, Bargs will be in the play-offs, while Raptors are very doubtful. And I say that with great reluctance - my logical side is taking over. We do need as good a draft pick as possible. Plus intution tells me Masa is secretly in tank mode. That anonymous GM (as in another thread) wasn't him, but it could be.

Comment

• Say pretty please and I'll consider it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        I agree with Matt52....i defended Bargnani for over 6 years.....I even felt proud of his 13 game stretch of semi brilliance.....BUT.... I think its time to lessen his role as the top option on this team.

I Truly believe we will need to make 1 of 2 decisions with BARGS.....

1) Play him as a lethal 6 man that comes in and puts pressure on the defence with his offence (a la Ginobli for the Spurs Jason Terry did for Dallas, JR SMith did in Denver, or Harden did for OKC)

2) or Trade him

When Lowry returns....I would prefer to keep him as a 6th man. Let's be honest, Andrea is a really BAD help defender and rebounder. This is especially important at the beginning and end of games....most GOOD teams wouldn't start such a bad defender or rebonder.....especially when you have an equally bad defender in JOSE and an improving defender (but not good) in Demar.

I personally would have a guy like ED start.... (hear me out)......he does all the little things like box out, block shots, grab rebounds and sets picks......ED led the team in rebounding last year...... he averages 4.8 rebounds per game in ONLY 14 minutes this year..... Andrea averages 4.4 rebounds per game in 34 minutes this year!!! ED needs more minutes! He's not garbage - he's a serviceable big man with barely any chance to prove himself (and led the team in an important category when he did get some burn - he also got bigger and worked on his shot)

Rebounds are VERY IMPORTANT (Do I have to explain why?)

*Bargs plays very well with AMIR and JOSE - this is a no brainer!* Keep BARGS for the weapon we know that he is......we're just not using him right!

P.S.

With Ed and JV in the starting rotation we would get sooooo many second chance points....the offence would run through Lowry and Demar as per usual.

Dont Trade AB just yet.....lets first use him in his rightful role.... Ginobli makes more $$$ than Andrea does he and has no issues coming off the bench, maybe AB wont care as long as we win.
        I didn't agree about using Andrea in a 6th man role last season but it is nice to see I'm not the only one with egg on my face about defending Bargnani for years.

Comment

• Oh Matt, I'm a Bargnani Omelette, trust me.
          hahah

Comment

• https://vine.co/v/hjdYZUOgKXb
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• AB is THE best floor spacer.

Comment

• Most notable problem for Melo: lack of space. He's shot just 29.2% w Bargnani on the floor. But is 43.2% when Bargnani's on sideline.
                This is not going to end well.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• nope.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

AB is THE best floor spacer.
                    My comment has nothing to do with AB but Melo is the biggest whiner and excuse maker in the NBA. I have yet to see him take responsibility for his game or very simply that he maybe part of the problem for the lack of success of his teams.

Comment

• Comment

• Ouch.

Whats even more sad, is that without him, the Raps still look like shit.

Comment

• This should be good. Get ready New York, here comes the PASTAMAN!!
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            Ouch.

Whats even more sad, is that without him, the Raps still look like shit.

Raptors is on the mission to 2014 draft.

Comment

• I sure hope so. I can imagine a perfect world where they trade for a pick that ends up a late lottery, but also come last and and up with the #1 and #2 picks.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

This should be good. Get ready New York, here comes the PASTAMAN!!
                                I hate new york so much. This is excellent news, bargnani is going to be terrible!!

Comment

Working...
                                X