Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Any team that has to rely on Bargnani as its Franchise(Marquee) player is doomed in the NBA. Bargnani has shown me nothing but inconsistency over his career and in year 5 folks should expect more of the same- has Bargnani ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game? Barg's had a chance to step up when Bosh was out and he did not- now he's suppose to lead TO for a whole season?lol With the bright lights focused on Bargnani in 2010-11 he will wilt from the brightness- just wait....pressure makes Diamonds but it also bursts pipes.

BC's Raptor vision is bullsh*t with Bargnani as the biggest roster turd!!!!!!!!
    So I assume you will be moving on and cheering for a new team where you actually like someone?

Comment

• Fon Riego wrote: View Post
      Yeah! great citizens the american basket players...like Stephenson (tell it to his girlfriend) or Udonis Haslem and his weed..or soooooome much more, what a culture of crap if you let me. In work ethic almost ALL european players could give some lessons to american ones...all the day with the same bullshit...
      You forgot some other great character guys like Marbury, West, Arenas all schooled in the American game and culture. What bs it is. American culture does not mean great basketball. I would rather search for great basketball players that also have great character and guess what the percentages just do not add up for American players.

Comment

Sounds like you have some personal issues there, kiddo.lol

I'm speaking on a cultural game on all levels of basketball from playgrounds to schools to Boys/Girls Club to AAU to YMCA to street ball to college- not just the NBA.
        You mean because American basketball kids grow up playing because they vcannot afford to do anything else and in Europe they're actually going to school and learning culture ad socialization skills??

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
          You mean because American basketball kids grow up playing because they vcannot afford to do anything else and in Europe they're actually going to school and learning culture ad socialization skills??
          What's the difference in poor americans playing BBall and poor kids in europe/asia/south america/africa playing soccer? Are you saying none of these kids have culture or socialization skills?

Get off your high horse a**hole. Money does not equal culture

Comment

• RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
            What's the difference in poor americans playing BBall and poor kids in europe/asia/south america/africa playing soccer? Are you saying none of these kids have culture or socialization skills?

Get off your high horse a**hole. Money does not equal culture
            I'm not on a horese and you must be the only a**hole because you are quick to call someone else that who does not agree with you. You make the point about soccer that is very true about the same reason why Americans excel at basketball. No issue. That does not however make them marquee players or leaders, and often they are spoiled rich jerks, and often so are European soccer players. Thepoint is not only Ameriacn players work hard and have work ethic. The slam on International players on this site by some of you is BS. They even slam Kleiza because he's a Euro when in fact he's a product of American basketball but he does have a Euro name and was born there so he is obviously soft and lazy.

Comment

I'm not on a horese and you must be the only a**hole because you are quick to call someone else that who does not agree with you. You make the point about soccer that is very true about the same reason why Americans excel at basketball. No issue. That does not however make them marquee players or leaders, and often they are spoiled rich jerks, and often so are European soccer players. Thepoint is not only Ameriacn players work hard and have work ethic. The slam on International players on this site by some of you is BS. They even slam Kleiza because he's a Euro when in fact he's a product of American basketball but he does have a Euro name and was born there so he is obviously soft and lazy.
              I wasn't calling you that because I disagree with the original topic. I called you that because of the "American basketball kids grow up playing because they cannot afford to do anything else and in Europe they're actually going to school and learning culture ad socialization skills"

It just came out really bad in my eyes. I grew up playing BBall b/c my mom couldn't afford to let me play hockey and those kinds of sports. Now if you were being sarcastic or trying to say something different I am sorry. I just really took offense to that line.

Comment

• RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                I wasn't calling you that because I disagree with the original topic. I called you that because of the "American basketball kids grow up playing because they cannot afford to do anything else and in Europe they're actually going to school and learning culture ad socialization skills"

It just came out really bad in my eyes. I grew up playing BBall b/c my mom couldn't afford to let me play hockey and those kinds of sports. Now if you were being sarcastic or trying to say something different I am sorry. I just really took offense to that line.
                I grew up playing wall ball ( for those of you too young to remember it was baseball against a wall with a strike box drawn on it and you could play with two to six guys. All you needed was a bat, a rubber ball and the fortunate kids had gloves. I also played basketball, mostly with used throw away balls from other kids, and soccer and not hockey because my butcher father could not afford it. I was not trying to offend you as I am sure I grew up as poor or worse than you and get it. I did not however grow up on drugs, carrying guns into the locker room etc. The point I was making was many of the basketball players in the NBA are not exactly role models. Not all poor kids grow up being losers.
                Sorry if I offended you personally. We do not have to agree on basketball or anything else which is why we live in a free country. I just did not like being called a**hole just because I had different views. Also my parents are from Europe and my Dad worked harder than anyone I have ever met to raise four boys and keep us out of trouble. We all grew up with a great work ethic because of him, and because it's in us and we do not like losing. It's not a Euro thing.

Comment

So I assume you will be moving on and cheering for a new team where you actually like someone?
                  When you assume you make an ass out of u & me- recognize game, or not.

Has Bargnani ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Aug 20, 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I'm talking about a form of recreation that is very prevelant among alot of inner city & suburban kids as a form of culture expressed through athletics- nothing more, nothing less.

The rest of your post reveals some deep seeded Societal conditioning- free your mind!!

Comment

When you assume you make an ass out of u & me- recognize game, or not.

Has Bargnani ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Why does 20 rebounds in a game matter so much? You just pick a random stat and decide that's the benchmark for a great big man? I do recognize game, just not the same as you!

Comment

I'm talking about a form of recreation that is very prevelant among alot of inner city & suburban kids as a form of culture expressed through athletics- nothing more, nothing less.

The rest of your post reveals some deep seeded Societal conditioning- free your mind!!
                        What are you a phsycologist all of a sudden? I have no deep seeded societal conditioning...We had nothing when I was a kid including no air conditioning!

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          I am sorry, but I have lived in Europe. I've lived in Toronto, Nice, Rome, Malta, Lagos, Adis Ababa, Caracas and Kuala Lumpur. All over the world people love Basketball, just because this game is considered and is better in the US doesn't mean that people in Europe don't love the game. As a child we are thought to play all the games from Volleyball to squarish to football to tennis etc.. Drive and Work ethic? You think only American players have that? You think that Euro players don't have that, I suggest you go to Europe, watch and play the game, listen to the people before you make such statements. I want to remind you that in Europe, we practice 5 days a week, 2 hours a day and that is for an amateur like me. If you miss a practice you get a suspension. If you don't stick to the plays no matter how good you get subbed off. But in Europe basketball players play TOGETHER as a team, and make sure each and everyone of them give their best, and if they can't many times we actually ask to be subbed off. I'm sorry, but I feel slightly offended by saying we have no drive or worth ethic, total crap.
                          I said Bargnani- comprehension is a mental extension. I'm not foolish enough to paint a whole genre with a broad brush but I do recognize that soccer is to the International community what basketball is to the US community- especially in the African American community. It's the difference from playing basketball and living basketball- in the US it's just on another level- point blank.

Comment

What are you a phsycologist all of a sudden? I have no deep seeded societal conditioning...We had nothing when I was a kid including no air conditioning!
                            Partna, I don't want to hear your life story- I grew up in the housing projects in Seattle during the crack break out of the 80's- I can still remember a time when there was no crack as a kid.....................And?

Fyi- Bargnani hasn't ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game after 4 years in the NBA....................just a fact.

Comment

• andrea should look to score in the post more and the 3 should be just to keep the other team honest
                              ya dun noe

Comment

• What I've been trying to explain to you sirchilly is that Bargni isn't a finished product. If you look at his play in the european championships he's playing in the middle more and scoring most of his points inside. You can't grade andrea yet unless your psychic and I don't think you are. Here's the stats for the eur. championship and last game
                                http://www.usbasket.com/player.asp?C...PlayerID=42200

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...20_ITA_LAT.asp

Comment

Working...
                                X