Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brasky wrote: View Post
    Kleiza and Derozan should be the go to scorers, though we also need Jack to be aggressive.

Bargnani can't create his own shot and doesn't do anything on the glass. He hasn't earned the go to guy status.
    Kleiza has yet to play a single game (regular season) with the Raps jersey
    DeRozan in his rookie year had inferior stats compared to Bargs' rookie season (and also to his infamous sophomore year...)

still, you feel that these two guys deserve nore respect and they can be the go-to-guy for the Raps...

ok, Andrea is clearly not MJ, Kobe or Lebron, but it's still a good player and there's still room to improve, why bashing him all the time?

Comment

• lusset blither wrote: View Post
      I'm not gonna enter the discussion about his level of play this summer, as it's difficult to compare it to the NBA from several points of view.
      But it definitely had nothing to do with Italy's qualification. As a matter of fact Italy was eliminated during this summer's tournament, only to be later admitted due to the extension (16 teams to 24 teams) of the number of participants (FIBA decision).
      this is true, but still Andrea played very well during the qualifying round, and Italy lost a couple of stupid games early, then won 5 of the last 6...

Comment

• Don't know what you're expecting

Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.

Comment

• It's not just that he is missing shots - he is clearly the weak link of the defense - missing rotation help and so-so one on one.

Thats why sMitch benched him and that's the best he will ever be is a slick shooting offensive big man who runs hot and cold - and is a below ave. defender rebounded.... he just doesn't care... its obvious.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Fan first wrote: View Post
            Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.
            Here is what I want from AB after 4 years of pampering in this club. He should play hard every night, he SHOULD NOT get lost on the defensive rotations nor should he lose his man. He should know how to box out in the paint, he should instinctively roll to the basket when a teammate takes a shot. He should set better screens for the point guards, some simple stuff nothing spectacular.

I typically dont reply to many comments on this forum but yours my dear learned Raptors fan, I just couldn't let it go; "he can't win it on his own". Are you effin serious! He had a perrenial all star with him the last two years plus Marion the season before last plus Hedo last season and he couldn't get us to the play offs.

When his metal was put to the test he failed miserabley, many will deny and make excuses and point fingers, but the records are there when he played PF when Bosh was injured. The one that stings the most is the loss to Chicago at the ACC which practically eleminated us from the play offs.

Anyways I guess some have made up there mind that AB plays with impunity and maybe when his career is done they will come back to blame the organization for not surrounding him with the right players.

Comment

• jake&elwood wrote: View Post
              this is true, but still Andrea played very well during the qualifying round, and Italy lost a couple of stupid games early, then won 5 of the last 6...
              Yes, he played well and the win in Tel-Aviv was great. Just saying that they didn't win the round on the court and got the pass by regulatory decision.
              ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

• I wouldn't trade him, regardless of whether or not he expanse his game passed what we have already seen of him I think there r skills he has that are a asset to any team. The coaches will have to find a way to make him productive.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I think it's a little early in the year to be talking trade but if by December/January he's not where we need him to be I want him gone. This is his chance to make his career and become a star, If he messes it up I don't want him in this locker room.
                  In the whole de-euroization of the raptors the last domino to fall will be Bargs. Calderone will be gone first. Klieza will likely stay because he is rugged/ determinded/ slasher many of the things Bargs is not.

BC will take his time and find the right fit - also he will need proven franchise talent in place to cover his a$$.

What does it mean?.... likely another full season of Bargs maybe a big move with the 15mil MLE + two first rounders which expire just after the draft. BC will get his contract renewed and finish the make over of the roster.

Plug your nose for one more season of streaky bargs - 2010-2011 is a rebuilding year - just going to have to face it.

Comment

• It is not the right time to ship Bargs in my opinion. This effectively tells a potential suitor that he is so bad that we can't even wait out pre-season to see if he blossoms. It is not like adding one more player is going to get us over The Hump, so what's the rush? It isn't as if anyone who might be interested doesn't already know about the mediocre rebounding and soft defense, so his stock is not likely to drop much in the next 2-3 months.

Personally, I would send a clear message to B and basically say: you have until December to prove you can be the player we want you to be in the system we want to run. If not, no hard feelings but let's move in a different direction before much longer.

The absolute WORST thing that could happen is that we are have to have this conversation again next year. If B makes it through this year without improvement AND without a trade I will be upset.

Comment

• Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.
                      One could argue that it was because the opponents were more focused on Bosh, therefore giving extra space to play with.

I agree with you on this point. Fans have to be patient with the team, but we gave Bargs 4 years of playing with Bosh.

I don't care about wins, heck I don't care about stats so much either, its all about the effort this year and everyone (including Jose) had it last night. Bargs was the only guy that was clearly not focused.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani improved his offense alot last year, but everything else about him has stayed the same ever since he was drafted. His lack of movement, defense, enthusiasm ... I never expected anything big from him, and honestly, did you?
                        no -

Anyhow - start him and pull him 4-6 min - then get him back in to go up2nd string talent to inflate his stats.
                        that way he will have the most trade value.

Comment

• Fan first wrote: View Post

Rounding the stats up, are we? And 17.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg and below average defense from your big man is simply not acceptable if you want to win on a consistent basis. Everyone points to the fact that Bargnani can do things other 7 footers can't do. Great. Now I'd like to see him do some things that most 7 footers are expected to do, like rebound and defend. THEN, I'll get off his back.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• This guy can't even carry his own national team for fucks sake, his Italian coaches hate him. I'm giving him the first ten games to prove to everyone that he can at least do his part, if he is still shiting on the court, I'm going to get my ticket to hop on the " Hate Barney" Bandwagon.

Comment

• Why Isn't Bargnani The Raptor's Go To Guy On Offense In 2010-11?

I could write a whole book about why Bargs won't be the go-to guy this season, but due to the fact that I suck at english AND hate writing books, I will simply put it in one frame sentence:

CUZ HE SUCKS

Comment

• jake&elwood wrote: View Post
                                Kleiza has yet to play a single game (regular season) with the Raps jersey
                                DeRozan in his rookie year had inferior stats compared to Bargs' rookie season (and also to his infamous sophomore year...)

still, you feel that these two guys deserve nore respect and they can be the go-to-guy for the Raps...

ok, Andrea is clearly not MJ, Kobe or Lebron, but it's still a good player and there's still room to improve, why bashing him all the time?
                                Kleiza is, IMO, a flat out better scorer than Bargnani. He's a comparable shooter, more effective with his drives, and is better in the post.

Once DD gets comfortable with his jumpshot he will be head and shoulders above Bargnani offensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X