Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
    WTF

lol @ assist percentage and off win shares....hahahahahahahaah !

This is officially DONE now,ur quoting BS stats pulled out ur ass/matrix

Nobody cares about fruity stats assist pct.....clearly you just laid out why you cannot prove he was top 10 if you need to use obscure stats nobody uses or cares about...

DEAD
    Trife,

seriously man, what's wrong with you? forget the fact that you just don't understand how to engage people in conversations, I haven't seen one single person come to your defense or agree with anything.

1. compare Bargs to someone else in the league.. what's the comparable talent level? (someone already asked)
    2. turnovers don't matter? hey genius, a turnover is the same as giving up a rebound to the other team, it's an extra possession. just because you pick and choose the stats you like doesn't make you right.
    3. you're laughing at Win Shares and Offensive Rating? Seriously?? dude, wake up - we actually have advanced stats with formulas that you can look at and understand - please, explain why those stats are dumb and not relevant? I'm interested.

Enjoy freaking out at your TV 78 more times this season.

Comment

• Bargnani On a Contender

And Bargnani is certainly the Raptors best offensive player, at the moment, is that a reason to ignore the fact that he's probably never going to be able to be able to start on a contender because of his fatal flaws? [Tim W.]
      I'll have to disagree with you on that. If Orlando had Bargs (and paired him with Dwight), that team would have a dynamite Front Court. And it might be enough to take them to the Championship round.

Comment

• Those images are a big deal cuz those stills are a microcosm for some of the biggest issues on this team and with this player...
        I cant imagine any of the top players in this league being ok with that..letting a rookie disrespect you throw you out fo the way and embarrass you like that...Could imagine a rookie doing that to Kobe or Pierce even a washed up Shaq wouldnt allow that to stand.....Its pretty damn embarrasing....and everyone around the league sees things like that,this is how you get a neg rep of being soft and it allows guys to take liberties with you and do what Cousins did cuz they see you wont do nothing about it,you wont stand ur ground...big big issue with this team going forward....

I was watching the Lakers and Kings game last night and i was thinking what if a rookie got over on Kobe like that i guarantee you Bauer woulda dropped 5 straight J's on him in ISO and got in his ear and talked the shit outta him and told him never to try that again.....

Andreas swagless

Comment

• Dan wrote: View Post
          Trife,

seriously man, what's wrong with you? forget the fact that you just don't understand how to engage people in conversations, I haven't seen one single person come to your defense or agree with anything.

1. compare Bargs to someone else in the league.. what's the comparable talent level? (someone already asked)
          2. turnovers don't matter? hey genius, a turnover is the same as giving up a rebound to the other team, it's an extra possession. just because you pick and choose the stats you like doesn't make you right.
          3. you're laughing at Win Shares and Offensive Rating? Seriously?? dude, wake up - we actually have advanced stats with formulas that you can look at and understand - please, explain why those stats are dumb and not relevant? I'm interested.

Enjoy freaking out at your TV 78 more times this season.
          \

I dont care who agrees or co signs me...esp not calderon and bargnani fans...they defend non sense WITH non sense...
          Those stats dont mean shit sorry...neither does PER they are made up stats to assign to players when you cant quantify how bad a plyer is (like how you see people associate ast/to ratio as a tool to praise Calderon)
          PER and per 48 min are irrelevant stats that nerds online prop up to mean average players are great...facts are the guy has regressed from average to barely in the league,nobody wants him and his contract is a now a punchline...now made up formulas can save him from those truths....

I can name guys with Bargnani's skill set and none of them had any lasting impact in the league and none of them were winners....
          the 7 foot euro perimeter big man who is afraid to play inside is a trend that started about 7 years ago and fortunately Andrea is like the Obie won kanobi of this movement meaning its about dead....

I dont freak out at all....my basketball viewing doesnt end with the team in this city IF anything i laugh when i watch these guys stink it up and then get praised on this board....Even with Bosh gone the excuses and pleas are in full effect in raptorland...

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
            I'll have to disagree with you on that. If Orlando had Bargs (and paired him with Dwight), that team would have a dynamite Front Court. And it might be enough to take them to the Championship round.

Problem with this statement is Orlando is already a contender...I dont think a perimeter big man gives you anything extra in the playoffs....esp against a team like Boston...

Comment

One turnover means nothing...To/ast ratio means nothing if u dont get that i cant help you man...all the leading PG's turn the ball over,if you play 35-40 mins your going to turn the ball over in this league as a ball handler....its not how you gage a starting PG's success or productivity...its like using stats per 48...to gage a backup players production,its worthless.

Calderon didnt turn the ball over but he did NOTHING offensively which is not what you need from your PG either......You see what Deron did ? CP3 ? Rondo ? Those are top 10 elite PGs who control a game sometimes even without scoring.....i can see a difference between what they bring and what Calderon doesnt....So again PGs who limit turnovers are good but TOs are going to happen as long as you bring other things to the table it doesnt matter that much as long as the TOs are limited...in Jose's case not alot else is brought to the table.....
              That was an example and it actually meant a lot. And I'm talking about a full season. And just to let you know, both DWill and CPaul have good assist/TO ratios. And Calderon doing nothing offensively? You know we are talking about his 07 year right? And why are you starting comparisons with CP3 and Deron, those guys are superstars. It's like comparing every single SF in the league to LeBron, and every center to Howard.

If what you want, is a Raptor squad with players like CP3, Kobe, LeBron, Howard etc.. Then I suggest you support Miami, Los Angeles or Orlando. Because we don't have those players, we have decent players. Your comparisons are pointless. And everything you have said in the passed day, had no grounds and some things you say are just absurd. Like TO don't mean anything, Bargnani's scoring means nothing, and you complain about the "dumbness" of the local people. C'mon man.

Comment

\

I dont care who agrees or co signs me...esp not calderon and bargnani fans...they defend non sense WITH non sense...
                Those stats dont mean shit sorry...neither does PER they are made up stats to assign to players when you cant quantify how bad a plyer is (like how you see people associate ast/to ratio as a tool to praise Calderon)
                PER and per 48 min are irrelevant stats that nerds online prop up to mean average players are great...facts are the guy has regressed from average to barely in the league,nobody wants him and his contract is a now a punchline...now made up formulas can save him from those truths....

I can name guys with Bargnani's skill set and none of them had any lasting impact in the league and none of them were winners....
                the 7 foot euro perimeter big man who is afraid to play inside is a trend that started about 7 years ago and fortunately Andrea is like the Obie won kanobi of this movement meaning its about dead....

I dont freak out at all....my basketball viewing doesnt end with the team in this city IF anything i laugh when i watch these guys stink it up and then get praised on this board....Even with Bosh gone the excuses and pleas are in full effect in raptorland...
                Okay, can you prove any, and I mean ANY of the points you have written on this thread. Just any please. And I'm a Bargnani fan, but I'm also a basketball fan and a vivid raptors fan.

Comment

• you have no idea what you're talking about.
                  smart money says he yells at him all the time.

It doesn't work.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    That was an example and it actually meant a lot. And I'm talking about a full season. And just to let you know, both DWill and CPaul have good assist/TO ratios. And Calderon doing nothing offensively? You know we are talking about his 07 year right? And why are you starting comparisons with CP3 and Deron, those guys are superstars. It's like comparing every single SF in the league to LeBron, and every center to Howard.

If what you want, is a Raptor squad with players like CP3, Kobe, LeBron, Howard etc.. Then I suggest you support Miami, Los Angeles or Orlando. Because we don't have those players, we have decent players. Your comparisons are pointless. And everything you have said in the passed day, had no grounds and some things you say are just absurd. Like TO don't mean anything, Bargnani's scoring means nothing, and you complain about the "dumbness" of the local people. C'mon man.
                    Nah your just reading what you want to read..i said TO ratio is meaningless dude....Guards in this league turn the ball over i said they are not an issue if you contribute things to offset them...NAsh turns the ball over,Wade for consecutive years had 5 Tos a game...

Bargs scoring doesnt mean anything if he doesnt do other things..proof is has been on display THIS season......if he isnt going to rebound the 20 PPG will be in alot of blowout losses this year...and yes you obviously dont get that the bargnani brigade who doesnt understand basketball doesnt want to get that so yes thats the dumbness im talking about in this city with this team...

How many losing seasons will it take for yall to see thse guys are perennial losers and deserve this team (shrugs)

Nothing i have said is incorrect or absurd dude but i understand how Calderon and bargnani people get sensitive when you bash there heroes.....

Sidenote: I have always wondered if bargnani was african american and came up thru the NCAA if he would get all the praise and defending he does from raptor fans esp on this board.....i dont think he would...what does that say ?

Comment

• I'm done arguing with you. It's going no where. You know what, here you go Bargnani sucks, he is the reason for all the losses Toronto have had in the past 5 years. Calderon is a failure of a PG who just doesn't get turnovers. And people from Toronto who support Bargnani are dumbasses. You win. Oh, and scoring is meaningless too! YOU ARE A TRUE WINNER TRIFE, YOU GO MAN!

Comment

• "And, yes, DeMarcus Cousins out-muscled him a few times in the game in Sacramento the other night, about as much as Bargnani abused him earlier at the other end during parts of the game.

You remember the fourth quarter; some of you forget the other end and the fact that Cousins was only able to play 18 minutes because of foul trouble."

Dough Smith from The Star - November 03, 2010
                        Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          no go-to-guy just run the sets, take the open shots and play defense.
                          Like Peter Griffin: "aaaaam.. of course.. yes.. you know that i know what means go-to-guy"

i still have to learn some bball terms
                          Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• I beg to disagree, not because Bargs scores 20+ pts and Reggie grabs 10+ rebs then its all good.
                            In some situations, reggie get pushed outside, who goes and grabs the rebounds? Bargs should.

But neither of you guys should really blame Bargs or Reggie. Its BC and Triano's fault. They drafted Bargs knowing well that the guy is a scorer, not a defensive or rebounding guy. Its not Bargs fault if he hasnt improved his rebounding, boxing out skills etc. If he wanted to improve, he wouldve done it a long time ago. But his game, his mentality, is more of being a scorer. Shoot the basketball. You cant blame him if he doesnt want to box out or rebound or dive on the floor for looseballs, thats what Triano and BC are for. If they want to get guys who do the dirty work, they should get guys who will do just that. If Bargs is getting outworked on the boards, Triano should take him out and put somebody in there who will get rebounds and do hustle plays. DONT BLAME A PLAYER FOR WHAT HE DOES, HE WAS PUT ON THAT SITUATION BY THE COACH. BLAME THE COACH.

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                              "And, yes, DeMarcus Cousins out-muscled him a few times in the game in Sacramento the other night, about as much as Bargnani abused him earlier at the other end during parts of the game.

You remember the fourth quarter; some of you forget the other end and the fact that Cousins was only able to play 18 minutes because of foul trouble."

Dough Smith from The Star - November 03, 2010
                              Quoting an idiot writer like Doug Smith is futile...He doesnt even realize how he made MY exact point in that quote....He played well "earlier" in the game,but when the game counted "4th qtr" he got abused by a rookie....thats the premise of much of the criticism..that he doesnt come thru when it counts,game on the line....BUT in the 2nd qtr he'll score the ball at will....

His quote basically exemplifies the criticism of Bargnani....thats why he's an idiot of a writer....and to top if off he states bargs forced him into foul trouble as if thats hig praise...Cousins is a rook Bargs should be putting him out the game...

Complete idiot defense mechanism by that fat ass bum...

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                I'm done arguing with you. It's going no where. You know what, here you go Bargnani sucks, he is the reason for all the losses Toronto have had in the past 5 years. Calderon is a failure of a PG who just doesn't get turnovers. And people from Toronto who support Bargnani are dumbasses. You win. Oh, and scoring is meaningless too! YOU ARE A TRUE WINNER TRIFE, YOU GO MAN!
                                3 rebs in 2 games...got played by a rook in one of em....scores in losses,doesnt show up when it counts, record 1-4
                                averaging 2.5 boards a game..Calderon paid 9 milly to sit on the bench....where did i lie ?

Comment

Working...
                                X