Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You obviously don't know Matt52. He's one of the most even-handed posters here. And not too long ago he was a big defender of Bargnani, so much so that we got into a couple of friendly debates about him. The fact that guys like him and Joe Panini are now starting to question whether it's a good idea to even keep Bargnani, is not a good sign at all. When his most reasonable fans start deserting him, you know there's something wrong.
    Reasonable fans?
    First off if you say a fan has an objective view on the whole Bargnani debate, then why on earth would they source an article from the score written by some unknown author and specifically quote an answer that has no relevance to anything. And even more use this article to weigh on your decision for keep him or trading him. This is clearly not reasonable at all. Who cares. Why doesn’t the reasonable fan source the Bargnani article written by hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19313
    Yea Demar, Ed Reggie etc call him the franchise player. Not to mention one of his goals for next year is improving on D. Holly Mackenize author for blog from the score … Demar Reggie Amir … current players on Toronto raptors … which source would you trust?
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't say deserted. Seriously contemplating a future without him and extreme frustration with his body language, effort, and recent quotes are much more accurate.

For all his faults, 20ppg scorers and players combining his size and skill set are a rarity and he is an asset. With the right supporting cast I have no doubt he'll flourish. Lately, I question whether the supporting cast can be acquired in Toronto soon enough to ensure a culture of losing is not engrained and the young talent we do have wish to continue to stay.
      Again his body language has almost been untociable and never an issue until you brought it up. The team has lost over 50 games if anything I would have thought he should be showing more frustration and negative body language. For instance Demar looks like he wants to cry every game i haven't seen this once all year from Andrea. Lol and plus are you his mom who cares about body language. What frustrates me more than anything is your criteria for contemplating a future without him include things such as body language quotes and effort.

It takes effort to be a top 15 player in the NBA.
      Quotes lolll the man can't even speak english hope your not beng serious here
      Body langue--- lol read above..
      Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
        Again his body language has almost been untociable and never an issue until you brought it up. The team has lost over 50 games if anything I would have thought he should be showing more frustration and negative body language. For instance Demar looks like he wants to cry every game i haven't seen this once all year from Andrea. Lol and plus are you his mom who cares about body language. What frustrates me more than anything is your criteria for contemplating a future without him include things such as body language quotes and effort.

It takes effort to be a top 15 player in the NBA.
        Quotes lolll the man can't even speak english hope your not beng serious here
        Body langue--- lol read above..
        Bro, you are right on the money. One thing about Bargs, he is honest. Unlike the other interviews you see, for example Jose, every interview "Jya, you know, we just gotta keep trying, be more concentrate, jyu know, just try hard".

Or then you have Demar "Well, you know, we just trying to win....well ..you know, um you know, we just gotta get better,um..you know, we gotta um, you know practice"

I remember 5 yrs ago Bargs couldnt even understand English, now he is at a very impressive level of English, and can usually understand all the questions he is asked. I dont mind the fact he is honest and straight up at all, you know everyone else if just saying "all the right things" that their agents tell them to say.

With respect to Tim saying "you will never win with a guy who wants to score lots of points"...i just shake my head...Bargs is one of the best offensive players in the game.

I love the raps, and unfortunately I think Bargs will get traded. I go to lots of games too, and I will go to see Bargs when he returns, and will also smile inside when he drops 40 on us while cursing on the outside.

One of the best memories I have of this year was going to the Miami game and watching Bargs go at CB. He schooled him with dunks, pump fakes, he played killer D on him, and just brought his A game. It's too bad his detractors will probably get him traded, but then, they will just find someone new to hate on next year.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          Bro, you are right on the money. One thing about Bargs, he is honest. Unlike the other interviews you see, for example Jose, every interview "Jya, you know, we just gotta keep trying, be more concentrate, jyu know, just try hard".

Or then you have Demar "Well, you know, we just trying to win....well ..you know, um you know, we just gotta get better,um..you know, we gotta um, you know practice"

I remember 5 yrs ago Bargs couldnt even understand English, now he is at a very impressive level of English, and can usually understand all the questions he is asked. I dont mind the fact he is honest and straight up at all, you know everyone else if just saying "all the right things" that their agents tell them to say.

With respect to Tim saying "you will never win with a guy who wants to score lots of points"...i just shake my head...Bargs is one of the best offensive players in the game.

I love the raps, and unfortunately I think Bargs will get traded. I go to lots of games too, and I will go to see Bargs when he returns, and will also smile inside when he drops 40 on us while cursing on the outside.

One of the best memories I have of this year was going to the Miami game and watching Bargs go at CB. He schooled him with dunks, pump fakes, he played killer D on him, and just brought his A game. It's too bad his detractors will probably get him traded, but then, they will just find someone new to hate on next year.

So true, most of the players seem like robots answering the questions. Triano and Derozan vividly come to mind. I resepct Andrea for speaking his mind because this shows hes got a high confidence level and doesn't care people think. His responses aren't some pr bullshit to make everyone happy.

Yo I honeslty dont think Bargnani will be traded. I think the Raptors will try and make it work with him...

Comment

So true, most of the players seem like robots answering the questions. Triano and Derozan vividly come to mind. I resepct Andrea for speaking his mind because this shows hes got a high confidence level and doesn't care people think. His responses aren't some pr bullshit to make everyone happy.

Yo I honeslty dont think Bargnani will be traded. I think the Raptors will try and make it work with him...
            I hope he doesn't get traded. If we get some noob gm, he might be. But rule of thumb in any business- dont get rid of your best employee. In hoops- dont traded your all star.

Best part about bargs is that he loves toronto. He wouldnt bail to go "back to the US", like VC, Tmac, Bosh, Demar, etc.

Comment

I hope he doesn't get traded. If we get some noob gm, he might be. But rule of thumb in any business- dont get rid of your best employee. In hoops- dont traded your all star.

Best part about bargs is that he loves toronto. He wouldnt bail to go "back to the US", like VC, Tmac, Bosh, Demar, etc.
              hahah hed only screw us if the nba expanded to Italy ... hed go back to benetton lool.

Even if we get a new GM i wouldn't be worried since most basketball people coaces players gm think very highly of his game. It's mostly fans who have a sterotypical winning formula in mind that want him gone.

Comment

hahah hed only screw us if the nba expanded to Italy ... hed go back to benetton lool.

Even if we get a new GM i wouldn't be worried since most basketball people coaces players gm think very highly of his game. It's mostly fans who have a sterotypical winning formula in mind that want him gone.
                That's a good point. Most GMS would love to get Bargs on their team. I hope we keep him, in my estimation he will be the greatest Raptor of all time unless some douche gm trades him.

BTW, notice we lost tonight. Funny how Amir and DD didnt save us tonight. I wonder if there will be any hate on threads about them?

One thing is a fact, u buy a ticket and head to the acc, fans know the truth- count the bargs jerseys on kids, and adults, and listen to the cheers. They know they are in the King-dom at the ACC, all the haters scurry off to post web rants!

Comment

That's a good point. Most GMS would love to get Bargs on their team. I hope we keep him, in my estimation he will be the greatest Raptor of all time unless some douche gm trades him.

BTW, notice we lost tonight. Funny how Amir and DD didnt save us tonight. I wonder if there will be any hate on threads about them?

One thing is a fact, u buy a ticket and head to the acc, fans know the truth- count the bargs jerseys on kids, and adults, and listen to the cheers. They know they are in the King-dom at the ACC, all the haters scurry off to post web rants!
                  lol so true raptors are so boring to watch without Bargs things just aren't the same without his presence. Even if they won today I wouldn't have cared looll... its all about the KING and his men.

Comment

• Ol Skool Classic- Bargs vs Cabbie

Comment

• we play basketball not defense ball

Comment

tiano comes to mind ? he's the most candid guy to interview on the team what the fuck you gonna do ?

Comment

demar ?you just hate on anyone that isn't bargnani *** , demar, sonny, amir are always in toronto in the summer where's bargnani ? he's taking his first flight back home till training season...
                          Last edited by raptorsking; Sun Apr 3, 2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

lol so true raptors are so boring to watch without Bargs things just aren't the same without his presence. Even if they won today I wouldn't have cared looll... its all about the KING and his men.
                            lmao you guys have to be joking ..... okay from now on im going to take these comments as jokes lmao !!

Comment

Reasonable fans?
                              First off if you say a fan has an objective view on the whole Bargnani debate, then why on earth would they source an article from the score written by some unknown author and specifically quote an answer that has no relevance to anything. And even more use this article to weigh on your decision for keep him or trading him. This is clearly not reasonable at all. Who cares. Why doesn’t the reasonable fan source the Bargnani article written by hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19313
                              Yea Demar, Ed Reggie etc call him the franchise player. Not to mention one of his goals for next year is improving on D. Holly Mackenize author for blog from the score … Demar Reggie Amir … current players on Toronto raptors … which source would you trust?
                              If you don't think Matt52 is a reasonable fan, then, I'm sorry to say, you've already lost the argument. We went toe-to-toe a few months back on the whole Bargnani issue, and the fact that he never once took it to a personal level and was respectful the entire time speaks volumes. I don't know what it is about Bargnani that causes so many of his fans to act the way they do. When people who actually like Bargnani are sick of guys like Multipaul's act (as several have said), you know he's crossed the line. And I'm afraid you're not far behind, the way you are going.

As for Bargnani like his game, don't like his game. I don't really care. It's not my business. But he's clearly not the player that you guys pretend he is.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head here. Yes, he's a very good OFFENSIVE player. But the part you constantly ignore is that he's also a liability on defense. I can't for the life of me understand why you would consistently turn a blind eye to a part of the game that is so incredibly important. Bad defensive teams don't win. Even average defensive teams don't win Championships. Care to debate me on this? Probably not, when it's easier just to call me a hater and take the discussion to a personal level.

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                I've never seen any indication that you are anything but a Bargnani fan. You constantly criticize any Raptor who is not Bargnani, and blame them for his faults. Bargnani's man is scoring? Must be Amir's fault for not giving good enough help D. Bargnani fails to show hard enough on an opponents drive to the basket? Must be one of the guards fault for exposing him.

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                It's great that you remember this game. Too bad there weren't a whole lot more like it. Guys like you remember the exceptions, rather than the rule. Normally, Bargnani's defense is incredibly poor and brings his C game.

THE SEASON ISN'T A SINGLE GAME LONG. It's 82 games and even his reasonable fans admit he simply doesn't bring it on a consistent basis.

The last line just shows how much you have your head in the sand. You refuse to believe that Bargnani critics have a point, and if you convince yourself we are just "haters" then you don't have to listen to our side. Besides, we don't have to hate on anyone next year. You're doing a fantastic job of that yourself.

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X