Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    of course there's a problem when you take away the best offensive player on the team... but i thought they handled it pretty good last night, all things considered
    no not really, our bench scoring was off the charts last night. IMO I think if bargnani was gone for the rest of the season we wouldn't do that bad. Demar was kinda off tho, but Weems was pretty good and Barbosa too

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      no not really, our bench scoring was off the charts last night. IMO I think if bargnani was gone for the rest of the season we wouldn't do that bad. Demar was kinda off tho, but Weems was pretty good and Barbosa too
      Your bench scoring is going to be up when you take out the teams leading scorer and also have another starter only play 8 minutes, especially when the second leading scorer puts up a 4/16 shooting night.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ya, like i said.. i thought they handled bargs absence pretty good... there was no lack of effort

but you cant deny that there are some shortcomings offensively without him

Comment

no, we almost won last night. Offence is not an issue
          Yes but whenever Bargs is out of the game they always get into an offensive slump that kills the game. Like last night they finished 7-28.

Comment

• people who say that we did not have problem need to realize that Utah was missing two starters in Milsap and Ak. They gave up 131 point to knicks on Monday.Sacramento had 102 points against them in Salt lake city. We can't even reach 100 in home court.

Comment

• He's one of the few guys on the team that can actually create his own shot. We like to rave about Davis's FG% but last night is a good example of him having to do more than he's used to

Bargs is the best iso player on the team. For now it's sad but true.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Not really. They do to an extent when he's out but if he was gone via trade or whatever (don't think I don't know what you're doing here) we could scheme around it.

I've always been big of running plays for multiple players rather than one or two guys. Drove me crazy in the Bosh years and is pissing me off during the bargs era.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Sure it's worse, but offense is easy to fix, particularly because the Raps don't have a good shooter at the 3. Shooter at the 3, much better offense. Of note as well is that without Bargs the team kept the opposition below 100 points. So, the lack of scoring is not as big an issue, as you don't need to score as much.

Comment

• They are certainly better with him out there, particularly when he takes it inside a lot, but I wouldn't say they have a problem. If Demar shot at his average last night we would have won the game easily. I think if you gave everyone a few weeks to adjust to life without Bargs would see the offense look ok.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Bargnani sucks, who cares about him. He doesn't play defense, he's slow, he's a volume shooter.. which makes it look like hes actually putting up big points. He averages more field goal attempts than wade, lebron, pierce, allen, melo.. yet he shoots a worse field goal percentage than all of them. You take anyone in the NBA and give them 19 field goal attempts and i guarantee you they can average more than 21 ppg, its embarrassing to have someone like him rewarded with the ball and minutes all because he is BC's golden boy. To conclude.. defense wins championships, I'd rather take someone who can grab me rebounds and play defense on a consistent basis then someone who is a CHUCKER!!
                      Last edited by biggie10; Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Andrea used to be my favorite player on the Raptors and I had high hopes for him at the beginning of the season. He used to be an exciting player to watch but now after five years even on offense his game has gotten stale. He misses too many open jumpers which I find very disappointing for someone jacking up so many shots. His inside game is also inconsistent and hasn't progressed since the beginning of the year.
                        If he wasn't in the lineup the Raptors would have whoever they received in the trade plus a chance for everyone else to take some of those shots Bargs is taking now. I think the team would be better without him and he could go on to become an allstar somewhere else.

Comment

• NO!

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Yes but whenever Bargs is out of the game they always get into an offensive slump that kills the game. Like last night they finished 7-28.
                            Will you not contribute that 7-28 or the final 12 minutes of the game to bad defense? I mean up what 12 points and blow it like that? I had a flash of Miami lol! Defense could have helped us out a lot last night!

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                              Will you not contribute that 7-28 or the final 12 minutes of the game to bad defense? I mean up what 12 points and blow it like that? I had a flash of Miami lol! Defense could have helped us out a lot last night!
                              If their O was better they wouldn't of been shut down like that. Their D wasn't that bad.

Comment

• Ofcourse we do. He's the best scorer on the team.

I do like the lineups we can throw out there from a defensive and blue collar standpoint when he's not playing big minutes though. Ideally in the future we'll replace his scoring with a dynamic 3 man and field a more traditional, balanced lineup. Davis will take several strides offensively and Amir can certainly become a bit more refined, so I wouldn't worry too much about post offense (assuming we don't replace Bargnani with a complete stiff at C).

Comment

Working...
                                X