No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a box score for that game? lol proof may be required.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/gene...unds-in-a-game

Thank God he got more than 5 rebounds LOL!
      Did I read that right? 19? Well he is a NBA 7ft player going against lol Euro players. No but seriously, at least he had to give some sort of effort to get those rebounds or was he being Reggie and camping out under the rim? How much of it was offensive?

Good for him though but now people are going to expect at least 10 per game from him.

Comment

• Greatest Cities in the world? are you still trying to convince yourself that. And are you trying to compare Rome to Toronto? talk about a reach.

Comment

• Meh, looked like a man against boys, which it was. He looked decent in the zone Italy was running, at least in those highlights. I am sort of curious to see if he'll make any improvement in Casey's zone, or if he'll just get worse.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Brigham Young U is one of those second tier mid major conference teams. If Duke was in Europe, instead of China where they blew out the Chinese national team twice, I think it would a different story against Eurobasket competition.

Comment

• Bargs even said on his Twitter that the team was too young, so even he knows. I think they're playing greece today so this will be the real challenge.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• It is not about who he is playing (for those of you who are claiming his competition was sub par) it is about boxing out. You want to see him boxing out no matter what, and I did not see any of that. Watching parts of the game, and watching his rebounds, he was not boxing out on every board. The majority of them were rebounds off of jumpers that just bounced towards him, which will not happen too much in the NBA because there are going to be committed rebounders going after that ball. Until I see him boxing out, committing to defense, and hustling for the ball on a rebound (which is something he did not do at all), I would have to say very little change has happened in his rebounding. What I saw that was good was playing some solid defense against a very aggressive BYU team.

I am curious, what number of boards a game would satisfy you next year? I do not expect him to grab 9 a game, but anything near 7 a game would be a significant improvement, but does he need to do more for the Raptors to be successful?

Comment

• Toronto is a world class city. Is it Rome? I don't think he said that. There are very few cities that you would utter in the same breath as Rome...that doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                    It is not about who he is playing (for those of you who are claiming his competition was sub par) it is about boxing out. You want to see him boxing out no matter what, and I did not see any of that. Watching parts of the game, and watching his rebounds, he was not boxing out on every board. The majority of them were rebounds off of jumpers that just bounced towards him, which will not happen too much in the NBA because there are going to be committed rebounders going after that ball. Until I see him boxing out, committing to defense, and hustling for the ball on a rebound (which is something he did not do at all), I would have to say very little change has happened in his rebounding. What I saw that was good was playing some solid defense against a very aggressive BYU team.

I am curious, what number of boards a game would satisfy you next year? I do not expect him to grab 9 a game, but anything near 7 a game would be a significant improvement, but does he need to do more for the Raptors to be successful?
                    I've said it before, but it's not stats I'm looking for. Saying that he needs to grab this many rebounds or block this many shots kind of misses the point. What he needs to do is be committed to doing something other than score and be willing to do the little things. In 5 years in the NBA, we've seen none of that. None. That's probably a good indication that he simply isn't able to do that.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I didn't compared Toronto to Rome. I just said Toronto was one of the best cities to live in the world. He is also a millionaire, so he shouldn't be too bored. Who is being an ass about what? Lighten up guys.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• East Coast wrote: View Post
                        He's saying he doesn't have much free time during the season, and he keeps in touch with friends over the internet. I don't think it mean he's bored with Canada. Also, sounds like he's taking mma lessons? I couldn't picture that.
                        mma would be one of the best things he could pick up. He needs an evident mean streak and a fire inside - plus JJ needs some locker room competition.

Comment

• talk to me when he's putting up big rebound numbers as RAPTOR......good optimism though; damn, why can't the NBA get their crap together?!
                          Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                            It is not about who he is playing (for those of you who are claiming his competition was sub par) it is about boxing out. You want to see him boxing out no matter what, and I did not see any of that. Watching parts of the game, and watching his rebounds, he was not boxing out on every board. The majority of them were rebounds off of jumpers that just bounced towards him, which will not happen too much in the NBA because there are going to be committed rebounders going after that ball. Until I see him boxing out, committing to defense, and hustling for the ball on a rebound (which is something he did not do at all), I would have to say very little change has happened in his rebounding. What I saw that was good was playing some solid defense against a very aggressive BYU team.

I made sure to watch the video a second time before commenting on your post. Now, I am not saying Andrea will be bringing this type of rebounding to the NBA when it starts back up, but I will say this. He was boxing out, no not on every possession, but he was making contact and then going to pursue the ball. To say that the majority of his rebounds were off of jump shots and just came to him is inaccurate, he actually made an effort to go towards the ball and go and get it. He was not pursuing the ball like Denis Rodman, but he was far from flat footed either. It is this effort and attention to rebounding that has me a little hopeful that he will have a better season on the glass...it can't get any worse can it? Back to back 10 plus rebound games is nice to see, it does not mean anything yet, but it is worth following.

To all the Andrea detractors I will ask this. If Demar had back to back games with 8 3 pointers made, even against weaker competition, would you not think that he will show an improved 3 point shot next year? Is this not at least a little similar to that?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              To all the Andrea detractors I will ask this. If Demar had back to back games with 8 3 pointers made, even against weaker competition, would you not think that he will show an improved 3 point shot next year? Is this not at least a little similar to that?
                              As someone who has absolutely never been an Andrea detractor and has posted defenses of Andrea when I felt that bad arguments were made, let me answer this. I'm pretty sure DeRozan can hit lots of 3's in a row in practice and I will not be surprised if he would hit threes in a pick-up game. I would not at all be convinced he could do this in an nba game where you have actual opponents. To say a couple of months after a season has ended that a player who gets paid for basketball for probably close to 10 years (maybe 8, I haven't checked) suddenly is better at something is not something I believe very quickly. Boxing out against probably players of inferior strength, lower weight, less experience, etc. is quite something different as boxing out an nba pf or center.

Comment

• i'd love to James Johnson fight in UFC. I'm sure he'd beat the crap out of everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X