No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is, Bargnani is constantly expected to live up to his No.1 pick billing. I sure that deep inside he wishes he wasn't picked No.1. It's important to view him as an above average player and nothing more. By the way, his contract is very good.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
      I dont think Bargnani's defense was ever fully in question, i think he's a good defender, his help defense was a bit iffy but vastly improved under DC. I know his defensive "effort" was also suspect before, but i think he also improved on that.

Rebounding was the main thing. But i dont question that anymore. If you're still hung up Bargnani's rebounding ability then you need to switch teams.
      Wait, you roll with GP's pic and use his handle within yours and you think Andreas D wasn't ever in question? He'd showed flashes before last year of decent, not great, one on one D in the post but he's always been a totally clueless help defender. Last year was what? 32 games? c'mon! I get called out on stats all the time cuz I think they aren't used properly but half a lockout year vs 5 years of laughable help D does not a case make. Half of last season was impressive but consistency is key for all players at this level. Andrea still has a lot to show and prove. He's always gonna be suspect until he himsefl proves otherwise over a prolonged period of time.

As for his rebounding, just cuz you've ceded the fact he's a shit rebounder doesn't make the criticism that he's a shit rebounder any less valid.
      Last edited by minks77; Mon Sep 17, 2012, 08:11 AM.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        The problem is, Bargnani is constantly expected to live up to his No.1 pick billing. I sure that deep inside he wishes he wasn't picked No.1. It's important to view him as an above average player and nothing more. By the way, his contract is very good.
        I'm sure every time he got a paycheck before the extension you were wrong on this point.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Because it's the offseason and we're bored, here's Bargnani showing little Italian kids his basketball juggling skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKYj2...ailpage#t=120s
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• From ESPN Insider's Rumour section:

Where Bargnani improved under Casey
            2:35
            PM ET
            Andrea Bargnani | Raptors

Andrea Bargnani, the No. 1 overall pick back in 2006, has always had the reputation of being a versatile scoring threat. At 7-foot, 256-pound, Bargnani has proven himself as a post up player as well as a spot up guy, averaging 15.4 points through his first six seasons in the NBA.

What Bargnani had never been is much of a rebounder or defender, and while he was the league's worst rebounding center in terms of total rebound rate (percentage of total rebounds grabbed by a player during his time on the court) for the second-straight season, his defense improved dramatically in his first season under coach Dwayne Casey.

Casey is known for his emphasis on the defensive side of the ball, and it's remarkable how much it helped Bargnani in the 33 games he played last season. According to Synergy Sports Technology, Bargnani's defensive points per play of 0.679 ranked him No. 27 in the league. Synergy shows that the Italian big man defended particularly well against the pick and roll, and against both the post up and spot up situations. He ranked out better than at least 88 percent of the NBA's player in all three of those categories.

It will be interesting to see if that continues through this season, and how Bargnani's defensive responsibilities will shift with highly regarded rookie Jonas Valanciunas set to enter the rotation.

Comment

• With the discussion of all-star appearances and Dre's chances of being in uniform what kind of stat line does it take to book his ticket?

I'm thinking 22 points, 7 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block, close to 50% shooting and the Raps in the top 6 of the east just to be in the conversation. I think he's capable of putting that line up (more points and blocks to be honest) but he needs to be fully engaged and healthy which are two big question marks.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                I'm thinking 22 points, 7 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block, close to 50% shooting and the Raps in the top 6 of the east just to be in the conversation. I think he's capable of putting that line up (more points and blocks to be honest) but he needs to be fully engaged and healthy which are two big question marks.
                I think Bargs could be a 24 - 25 ppg player. He has some unstoppable moves!
                However, I don't see his rebounding getting up to 7... Bargnani will be the go to guy on offence and more often then not while he's on the floor, he'll be the guy taking the shots. Problem is, Bargnani's go to moves often see him fading away from the basket and using his height to his advantage. It's effective in terms of scoring, but by launching himself away from the basket he typically makes it impossible to pick up his own rebound. Lowry, Derozan and Jonas will all have a much better chance grabbing their own misses. Sharing the front court with Jonas and Gray (two guys being paid to focus on rebounding) I just don't see his numbers going up.
                And yet, I think we'll be a good team that can out-rebound our opponents 60% of the time. It just wont be Bargnani carrying the load.
                Also, I don't think Bargnani will get up to a block a game. That's a good help defender stat and that's not his forte. Jonas on the other hand..

Comment

• I think his numbers last year (19.5 pts, 5.5 rebs) would be good enough if the Raptors are one of the top 8 teams in the EC during the first half of the season.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                    I think Bargs could be a 24 - 25 ppg player. He has some unstoppable moves!
                    However, I don't see his rebounding getting up to 7... Bargnani will be the go to guy on offence and more often then not while he's on the floor, he'll be the guy taking the shots. Problem is, Bargnani's go to moves often see him fading away from the basket and using his height to his advantage. It's effective in terms of scoring, but by launching himself away from the basket he typically makes it impossible to pick up his own rebound. Lowry, Derozan and Jonas will all have a much better chance grabbing their own misses. Sharing the front court with Jonas and Gray (two guys being paid to focus on rebounding) I just don't see his numbers going up.
                    And yet, I think we'll be a good team that can out-rebound our opponents 60% of the time. It just wont be Bargnani carrying the load.
                    Also, I don't think Bargnani will get up to a block a game. That's a good help defender stat and that's not his forte. Jonas on the other hand..
                    Rebounding could be tough based on his offensive game I agree but he'll play enough minutes to have a decent shot at that amount. As for blocks he's definitely capable of a block a game (his career is .9) and he had years of 1.2 and 1.4 so a bock doesn't seem out of the question. Blocks should be easier to come by with Lowry and Fields playing better D and the players driving will be off balance rather then having a free run compared to previous seasons. I expect his assist numbers to go up again this year as well.

Comment

• Why Andrea wasn't at the Media Day this year?
                      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                        Why Andrea wasn't at the Media Day this year?

He was...

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...GNANI1-2233782

Comment

• thanks man
                          Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• can't find the thread from the first game but i just finally saw it. i just want to disagree with the people who were saying andrea looked bad. i thought he came out agressive and really attacked the rim. it looked to me that he wanted to get to the bucket everytime he touched the ball almost. even if it didnt fall the desire to get there was in full effect.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              can't find the thread from the first game but i just finally saw it. i just want to disagree with the people who were saying andrea looked bad. i thought he came out agressive and really attacked the rim. it looked to me that he wanted to get to the bucket everytime he touched the ball almost. even if it didnt fall the desire to get there was in full effect.
                              He looked bad on the other end of the court.

Comment

• Bargnani blames fatigue...

Andrea Bargnani has not looked right in Toronto’s first two pre-season contests.

The team’s leading scorer has a pretty reasonable explanation as to why:

“I’m still not 100%,” Bargnani told the media on Thursday, ahead of Friday’s game against Detroit.

“Everybody is a little fatigued right now, but we’re still in training camp and we’re going to be all right for the (regular season opener against Indiana on Halloween).
                                http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/11...les-on-fatique

Comment

Working...
                                X