No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also keep in mind the TPE is set to expire in a couple of months. They'd have to have a team that would be willing to trade for it, just to let it expire.

Comment

• I'm sure this most recent article might spark some more debate on the most controversial Raptor...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...s-not-a-raptor

Some highlights:
      Asked in a feature interview where he’d like to play if he could rub a magic lamp and transport himself to another NBA city, Bargnani told Italy’s Sky Sports: “I want to stay in Toronto, at least this is the politically correct answer. If (I am) to go somewhere else, I’d like a warm climate city and a team where I can actually play in my role.”
      His role? Is he complaining about his 18 shots per game he's been allowed to take while not being held accountable for his lack of defense and rebounding? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Asked on the Sky Sports broadcast about Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo’s post-season assessment of his work, Bargnani replied: “(Colangelo) had some unfortunate and not very courageous comments about me ... The facts are there for everybody to see and judge.”

There’ve been other recent reports in the Italian press in which Bargnani has called Colangelo’s words “uncourageous” — if the 25-year-old was any kind of broadcast analyst, he might have leaned toward “dead-on” or “about time.”
      Ouch.

Bargnani, who is currently on vacation, was unavailable for comment (although a photo of the centre currently making the rounds on Twitter, in which he lacks both a shirt and evidence of abdominal muscles, suggests a return to the gym should surely be imminent).
      This seems like more evidence that Bargnani's days in Toronto are numbered.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• So, I don't get this. He's on vacation. Are guys not allowed to go on vacation? He says if he wasn't in Toronto he'd want to be in a warm climate? Jebus, I say that everyday to the president here and anyone else who will listen - without the disclaimer that I'd like to stay. Who cares? He didn't like what BC said? Really? He didn't like his boss calling him out public for being lazy and not improving? I find that hard to believe. Most people love when that happens. I'm sure Feschuk would be all s--ts and giggles if the sports editor at the Star wrote a piece about how Feschuk is a hack.

I also love how Feschuk goes to the guy who did the interview for context and then buries his quotes at the bottom of the story after whipping up some nonsense for 200 words.

But, as you note TimW, it does seem like his days in Toronto are numbered. This is same stuff that happened to Bosh mere months ago. By the time he is gone, Bargnani will be a pedophile who eats live puppies.

Comment

• So he doesn't look like much of an athelte right there but guys, he's on vacation in some tropical location. I can tell you, being a man who just graduated from P90X a month ago and just got back from a week long Cuban vacation, that when you hit those places you're bombarded with so much booze, food and ungodly service that you're going to add a few pounds around the mid section... [Heads to the gym]

Seriously though, it wouldn't take him long to ditch that little amount of belly fat. Not that we'll have to worry about it as Raptors fans for long anyway.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            So, I don't get this. He's on vacation. Are guys not allowed to go on vacation? He says if he wasn't in Toronto he'd want to be in a warm climate? Jebus, I say that everyday to the president here and anyone else who will listen - without the disclaimer that I'd like to stay. Who cares? He didn't like what BC said? Really? He didn't like his boss calling him out public for being lazy and not improving? I find that hard to believe. Most people love when that happens. I'm sure Feschuk would be all s--ts and giggles if the sports editor at the Star wrote a piece about how Feschuk is a hack.

I also love how Feschuk goes to the guy who did the interview for context and then buries his quotes at the bottom of the story after whipping up some nonsense for 200 words.

But, as you note TimW, it does seem like his days in Toronto are numbered. This is same stuff that happened to Bosh mere months ago. By the time he is gone, Bargnani will be a pedophile who eats live puppies.
            No one is blaming him for going on vacation. The photo, though, makes him appear like he's about as in shape as I am. Unfortunately, I'm not a professional athlete. I don't like criticizing Bargnani for things outside of basketball, but this doesn't make him seem like he's that dedicated, when he lets his body look like this. And complaining about his role, after he was the team's 1st option and the guy who played the most minutes. It just seems a little petty to me.

I don't care about him saying he'd like a warmed climate. I agree, everyone would like that (well in Canada), and Feschuk is not a reported I generally think much of, but it's simply the article doesn't indicate Bargnani's got much of a future in Toronto.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I think this is the money quote and it comes at the end:

The way the Italian media portrayed my comments, I think, was completely out of context ... That’s what I call unfortunate,” Colangelo said Tuesday. “I didn’t say anything derogatory. I said in order for Andrea to get to the next level, he needs to focus on certain things and he needs to improve in certain areas.”

Indeed, there are signs that message appears to be getting through. Mamoli said Bargnani spent some of the Sky Sports interview offering a humble and honest examination of his game.

“(Bargnani) said, ‘I understand what Bryan Colangelo said.’ He said, ‘I need to improve. I know that I have to improve.’ He wasn’t happy about Colangelo’s comments, but he understands these comments, because he knows he’s a young player and he knows he has to improve in his game,” Mamoli said in a phone interview.

“I spent 25 minutes with him and he does not have any problem with Toronto or with Bryan’s comments. He didn’t seem angry. He understands and he accepts what his general manager had to say.”
              While I would like to see him move on, I do not believe it to be a sure thing. My own personal opinion would be 60/40 trade/stay i.e. more likely to stay.

Comment

• Bargnani and the Raptors now have some very public friction. Colangelo came out and finally voiced all the grief the fans and media have been venting all season and for some, for years. Bargnani has since bounced back with his own carefully worded indirect criticisms. He doesn't appreciate the criticism sent his way via the media and Colangelo. He doesn't appreciate not being allowed to play the game in the way he wants to play it. He doesn't really like cold weather and would rather play in a warm weather location. Even the way he said Toronto is his desired location sounded empty and so everything just keeps pointing to him being gone really soon. I wonder would Cleveland be a taker? We need to disregard the warm weather comments. Bargnani doesn't seem like the type to no report to a team for something like that, not to mention he probably wants to keep getting those fat checks to keep feeding that growing stomach.

Comment

• Ship his ass to Detroit or Indiana, better yet New Jersey. Forget it he wants to go to California or Florida don't let him go there.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Poor Bargnani, the Raptors are such assholes for giving him a guaranteed 35 minutes a night regardless of productivity. Hopefully he gets shipped to a warmer city, like something near the equator, preferably in Africa. Near lions.

Comment

• I think the comments are being misinterpreted here. He could easily have just been saying that if he were to be traded, he would like to go to a city where he can actually play his role (as opposed to somewhere he can't). It is not necessarily implying that he didn't get to play "his" role in Toronto as everyone seems to have taken it. I'm not saying that's what it is, but it could be.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Poor Bargnani, the Raptors are such assholes for giving him a guaranteed 35 minutes a night regardless of productivity. Hopefully he gets shipped to a warmer city, like something near the equator, preferably in Africa. Near lions.
                        Hey Arsenalist, I think Tim W. hacked into your account!! haha

I hope it's just language lost in translation, but that part where Bargs said "I want to stay in Toronto, at least this is the politically correct answer." really pisses me off. You either wanna stay or you don't, same as his defense and rebounding.

Bosh never once said he wanted to play somewhere else, not even hypothetically, so I hope all you Bosh bashers are taking note of this guys words.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Bosh never once said he wanted to play somewhere else, not even hypothetically, so I hope all you Bosh bashers are taking note of this guys words.
                          Bosh never said once that he didn't want to play somewhere else.

Comment

• Damn, 8 years of pro experience and that is all he has to show for it?

His role, according to him, is to shoot 3s and let others do the rebounding. He is not happy about being asked to do things that do not fit HIS role.

(Colangelo has been told)
                            Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 24, 2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Bosh never said once that he didn't want to play somewhere else.
                              Yes, but what would you rather hear from a player while he's still part of the team? I don't wanna hear anyone on this team even hypothetically speaking of playing somewhere else. To me it shows they don't have true faith in the organization, therefore I don't want them on the team.

Comment

• Meh, All I take from this is Bargs is upset about being called out in the media by his GM. I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not he will be traded. He was asked by the Italian media where do you want to play and he said Toronto. Then he was asked if he were traded where would you want to go and he said somewhere warm where I can play my role, which he has said in past interviews is the 4. Nothing groundbreaking there. I still don't get the impression people have that BC has any intention of moving him, he may be finally voicing some criticism but I have yet to see anything resembling a trade rumor or an actual statement which says that Bargs is on the chopping block. We just keep getting more of the same "everyone is available". Maybe Bargs is someone they'd be willing to part with but I have a feeling Colangelo is not yet actively shopping him. No source for this, but I'd say the odds are high Bargs will still be a Raptor next year, and if he isn't it will be for a very good deal.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X