Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmie wrote: View Post
    Thanks, and if you know anyone looking for one... ;-)
    Lots of blogs looking for guest posters I would think. It's a place to start.

Comment

• I agree. Most people writing about the Raptors obviously don't watch their games. It's clear as day that they don't.

Comment

• I believe that's the same article where they are guessing who the MIP will be this season. I didn't see a single nomination for Bargnani, which tells me that nobody is paying attention to the Raptors.

That's Bargnani's trophy if he wants it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Before I make my point, the 2006 draft if done today has Bargnani at 3 or 4 with Aldridge, Rondo, and more than likely Gay ahead of him.

My point: These guys are still reading the box scores and 2010-2011 scouting report on him.
          I think its funny how these guys are saying that to be a franchise player, you have to "turn the team around completely", and "show more than scoring ability (which i think he's shown but not just "great" at it).
          How can you lead a franchise turnaround when the next best scorer on your team is averaging 14 a game, on 40% shooting? How can you turn a team around when your fellow starters are a combined 39pts per game? WTF? Even Lebron cant turn this team around. Or Kobe.

I think if Bargnani shows a bit more consistency on rebounding and defense, i dont mind him being a franchise player. And i think he'll do fine as one.

Rose is getting around 16 attempts per game, Kobe 23, Durant 18 and Dirk at 15 and Bargnani, 16. So it aint like Bargnani is ball hogging and getting all the plays set for him and none for Demar or the other starters. The major difference is Rose has Deng and Boozer, Kobe has Bynum and Gasol, Durant has Westbrook and Harden and Dirk has well....thats why theyre 5-5 right now, 8th seed in the west, champions last year. You cant turn a team around with a franchise player, you need a franchise player and other good players as well, who play good.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            Koolaid Fan alert!!
            that was a pathetic way to reply...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I've been Raptors fans for 15 years. They are the only team in any pro sport I cheer for. I had season tickets for the 4 years I lived in Toronto. I was in the Philly stands covered in beer and ketchup and spit when VC went off rim in the EC semi-finals. I've suffered through Thomas, Damon Stoudemire leaving, the Babcock years, VC being traded for a bag of balls, Bosh leaving, Chris Childs forgetting how to count, the red t-shirt debacle, the Araujo era, etc., etc. Don't judge my bona fides as a fan.

As for the "talent" comment, it's pretty clear when someone says a pro team has little or no talent that they mean pro-level talent. Not talent per se. Guys I played with in high school had talent, but not NBA-level talent. Second, let me ask you a question: how many guys on this Raptors would start on any one of the 16 playoff teams last year? Bargs on some. Maybe Calderon on a couple. Who else? "This team has lots of talent". Who?

If you want to quibble on semantics, then that's okay, I'll put it this way: this team does not have enough players playing at a high enough skill level to compete with other NBA teams. A good NBA team needs at least 8 highly skilled players that range from good to elite to superstar to win. The Raptors have one (Bargs), maybe two (Calderon). Everyone else is fungible. Derozan and Davis may grow into "top 8" players but neither is there yet.
              i thought you said they had no talent

Comment

• Great post jimmie.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                  Thanks, and if you know anyone looking for one... ;-)
                  We've done guest spots for the blog here. If you think it might interest you jimmie don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                    I'm going to start describing some of my co-workers as "mentally soft"
                    I am totally going to do that. Like, today.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                      I think its funny how these guys are saying that to be a franchise player, you have to "turn the team around completely", and "show more than scoring ability (which i think he's shown but not just "great" at it).
                      How can you lead a franchise turnaround when the next best scorer on your team is averaging 14 a game, on 40% shooting? How can you turn a team around when your fellow starters are a combined 39pts per game? WTF? Even Lebron cant turn this team around. Or Kobe.

I think if Bargnani shows a bit more consistency on rebounding and defense, i dont mind him being a franchise player. And i think he'll do fine as one.

Rose is getting around 16 attempts per game, Kobe 23, Durant 18 and Dirk at 15 and Bargnani, 16. So it aint like Bargnani is ball hogging and getting all the plays set for him and none for Demar or the other starters. The major difference is Rose has Deng and Boozer, Kobe has Bynum and Gasol, Durant has Westbrook and Harden and Dirk has well....thats why theyre 5-5 right now, 8th seed in the west, champions last year. You cant turn a team around with a franchise player, you need a franchise player and other good players as well, who play good.
                      I think the main criteria differentiating Durant, Kobe, Rose, etc. from Bargnani is their personalities. All of those guys seem like the type to say, "if we lose, I'll kill somebody". Bargnani, through no fault of his own, just doesn't have that demeanor, which can be infectious in terms of work ethic.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I think the main criteria differentiating Durant, Kobe, Rose, etc. from Bargnani is their personalities. All of those guys seem like the type to say, "if we lose, I'll kill somebody". Bargnani, through no fault of his own, just doesn't have that demeanor, which can be infectious in terms of work ethic.
                        I agree, but my point was, you cant carry a franchise by yourself, no matter how good of a player you are. A franchise player doesnt just need pieces around him, he needs pieces beside him, as evidenced by teams like Miami, OKC, Chicago, etc.

Comment

• Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                          Just wanted ask at what point do we stop saying he has a high ceiling and can someone maybe make a poll cause I dont know how ..... personally I think it's over and no one should say that anymore, I mean he's been in the league for 6 fcuking years now ! I think we can't say that anymore.
                          hahahaha is that you Tim W?? We missed you! hahaha

Comment

• What made Andrea really effective his first 10 games was mixing it up. Fatigue was certainly an issue but I hope when he comes back he mixes it up again (post ups, drive, mid range, 3's, curling off screens). The straight leg jump shot certainly brought back painful memories.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              hahahaha is that you Tim W?? We missed you! hahaha
                              Where is Tim Dubs???? When i came back to the board i was expecting him to be all over it with the season starting.... but he's nowhere to be found

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                Where is Tim Dubs???? When i came back to the board i was expecting him to be all over it with the season starting.... but he's nowhere to be found
                                Seems he has been missing in action since the start of the season, unfortunately. There was a bit of a disagreement over you know who and he has not been heard from since.

Comment

Working...
                                X