Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    from what ive read this morning on hoopshype rumors these discusions for Boozer happened weeks ago & league sources say the Raps have Zero Interest in Boozer
    None of that would suprise me. I'm alot more convinced than most that Colangelo won't be trading Bargnani.

Besides his traditional attachment to Bargs, I think Toronto would end up having to give up something just to make it work. Speculation on my part but I'm willing to bet there is/was alot more to this deal than meets the eye, especially because Boozer for Bargs straight up doesn't work. I can easily see the discussion being Boozer for Bargs + Ross.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      guys stop worrying about what players cost. we aren't GMs, ant the GM we have says MLSE will go into tax territory if it means winning. A serious play off teams starting line costs between 45 - 60 million
      There is still a salary cap with rules. Those rules make it more difficult to make future moves.

A players cost shouldn't be ignored.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
        There is still a salary cap with rules. Those rules make it more difficult to make future moves.

i agree... this isnt baseball... if it were i wouldnt care if he had an A.Rod deal if he can play it out.. but this is basketball & salary is a huge concern unless the player being aquired is top tier talent inthere prime with little history of severe injury..

Comment

THESE moves don't though. If we picked up Boozer we would have 50 million coming off the books in 2015. That's only two seasons. Which means we would have that much as trade chips as well. Giant expiring contracts are attractive.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

You don't have to ignore it, but it really isn't the defining factor a lot of fans seem to make it when discussing players.

Aside from his contract, though, Boozer is not attractive for the same reasons Pau isn't attractive: old and declining, and -- here's where the contract DOES come into play -- not likely to be moveable in 2 years when he's expiring, if you assume he continues to get older and keep declining. He also doesn't play a lick of defense; he's probably worse than Bargnani.

Toronto stands to gain nothing from this deal outside of a possible 3-5 additional wins this year (at the expense of developing the younger players), which makes it hard to accept the idea that Chicago would actually be looking at MORE return... IMO, to be remotely possible, Chicago would have to keep Nate Robinson and give Toronto Teague instead. And BC could throw in Anderson along with Lucas, who Chicago apparently wants back.

This is a lot like the Gay deal -- Chicago is looking to dump Boozer, not get anything back for him. They know he's tough to move, so they're basically saying "take our crap, we'll take yours".
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• I think the problem I have with this boo him or not thread is the context of the moment. They boo'd him before he had even stepped on the court. They boo'd him after he had to sit there for two months and watch his team fight and change and become something different than when he left it. The two months he was spending rehabbing an injury and trying to come back to play for the team we cheer for. I guarantee you he cares regardless of what ridiculous assumptions we come up with on boards like this.

I have no problem booing Bargnani. I just won't do it generically. I will do it if he's in the game and he's personally responsible for a particularly bad stretch in a game. The whole point in cheering and booing is in reacting to what is actually happening in the game...if it's because you hate a player...then you need to get a f*cking life...seriously. It is still a game.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                THESE moves don't though. If we picked up Boozer we would have 50 million coming off the books in 2015. That's only two seasons. Which means we would have that much as trade chips as well. Giant expiring contracts are attractive.
                we may have alot off the books come the end of the deals but it would hamper any efforts to surround them with quality talent in the mean time..we would be limited in how we could fill out the roster.. thats ok if the pieces u have are top 5-10 players in the league... the more i think about it the more i hate this deal

Comment

• Gman wrote: View Post
                  I think the problem I have with this boo him or not thread is the context of the moment. They boo'd him before he had even stepped on the court. They boo'd him after he had to sit there for two months and watch his team fight and change and become something different than when he left it. The two months he was spending rehabbing an injury and trying to come back to play for the team we cheer for. I guarantee you he cares regardless of what ridiculous assumptions we come up with on boards like this.

I have no problem booing Bargnani. I just won't do it generically. I will do it if he's in the game and he's personally responsible for a particularly bad stretch in a game. The whole point in cheering and booing is in reacting to what is actually happening in the game...if it's because you hate a player...then you need to get a f*cking life...seriously. It is still a game.
                  +1. For those who still don't get it, you likely never will. That's unfortunate, but much like the successes/failures of a basketball team, in the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world.
                  Last edited by jimmie; Fri Feb 8, 2013, 11:52 AM.
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• So true!! Derozan never will be a franchise player.

Comment

• Thanks -- I have a very prosperous life, full of happiness and joys.

"Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."
                      Does that sound like a guy who cares?
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• Just see it this way, we fleeced the Bulls back in the days when we give them Davis and JYD in exchange of Marshall and J.Rose and the rest is history, we made the playoff while Marshall had his career best of hitting 12 3-pointers. If we can flip Bargs + Fields + fillers (possibly Lucas or Anderson) for Boozer + Hinrich. Then that would be a good season trade for us. Boozer is on another level compare to Bargs, he shoots and rebounds, just his contract expires in two years but so what, if we can get at least two years of production out of Booz, then we are golden. Hinrich is the exact backup point guard we need, a good floor general in his early days.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Thanks -- I have a very prosperous life, full of happiness and joys.

Does that sound like a guy who cares?
                          Wow, you found a single quote by a man where English isn't his first language and you pin your hate on it. Congratulations, you sure sound like somebody who is happy and fulfilled.

I guarantee you, while you're walking around half naked in front of your window saying FU to your neighbours and not caring whether it makes your wife uncomfortable, he was hardcore rehabbing. And considering you do this, I wouldn't be tossing around a definition for dignity if I was you. None of what you describe is particularly dignified.

And I'm not really a fan here. If we can turn him into value and get something decent back then I'm good to go. That's not the issue here. The issue is your inability to have any perspective on this. Boo the guy when he's on the court f*cking up, don't boo him before he even gets out there. That's just ridiculously immature. Anyway, there are people that are too far gone in their rationalizations to make them realize anything...it was particularly evident when you personalized a single line in my last comment and didn't put it in context with the rest of it. Something you obviously have issues with.

Comment

• Alright.. We need to trade Bargnani away before the members of this fanboard murder each-other. This is getting nasty!
                            #tradebargnani #saveusfromourselves

Comment

• lol... my underwear analogy lives on.

FYI, it was based on a true story... i actually did walk in across my front window in bikini briefs showing off ass crack when i first moved into my house, and hadn't put blinds up yet, didnt realize just how visible i was to my neighbors...... who just happened to be staring at me, while i was stretching out with one arm, and sipping on a coffee with the other..

same neighbors bought me wine for christmas and a fresh made tray of cupcakes.... im assuming it must have been a good show

Comment

None of that would suprise me. I'm alot more convinced than most that Colangelo won't be trading Bargnani.

Besides his traditional attachment to Bargs, I think Toronto would end up having to give up something just to make it work. Speculation on my part but I'm willing to bet there is/was alot more to this deal than meets the eye, especially because Boozer for Bargs straight up doesn't work. I can easily see the discussion being Boozer for Bargs + Ross.
                                if ross is invovled... fuck that... i'd rather keep bargs, than have to give ross up just to get rid of bargs..

Comment

Working...
                                X