No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya...i really have no idea why you guys would want to do such a ridiculous deal. Until T Ross truly proves that he is good enough to take over, it is not wise to just trade DeRozan. That deal is so lop sided its not even funny, We're basically giving up our second best wing player for a fringe all star and a backup pg. DeRozan is also considered a fringe all star IMO, i would be surprised if he doesn't make it in the next 2 seasons.

Comment

• Decided to have my historic 1,111th post on a historic 1,000,000 view thread!!

Viva La Vida!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
        Bargnani still needs to be traded. If you thought Amir Johnson or Landry Fields was overpaid (at time of signing), then this guy breaks the barrier well and beyond.

By the end of this season he will have stolen $48M from the Toronto Raptors, where his peak value comes from the 13 game mirage and now, a decent offensive big man off the bench. He'll be paid $11M next year to be such a bench player.

The moment there is an opportunity to trade for a starter, he has to go.
        100% agree, only wouldn't we get a much better return on him when he's an expiring contract and packaged with a draft pick? Another year of him makes me want to gnaw on my coffee table, but if you take emotion out of it, BC would be wise to use his expiring contract snag another good player in Rudy Gay's situation (i.e. on a team looking to shed long-term salary).

Just a thought. My first post, by the way. Been lurking for over a year. Cheers!

Comment

• Hopefully Raps fans dont boo the poor guy tonight.

Comment

• Westvleteren wrote: View Post
            100% agree, only wouldn't we get a much better return on him when he's an expiring contract and packaged with a draft pick? Another year of him makes me want to gnaw on my coffee table, but if you take emotion out of it, BC would be wise to use his expiring contract snag another good player in Rudy Gay's situation (i.e. on a team looking to shed long-term salary).

Just a thought. My first post, by the way. Been lurking for over a year. Cheers!
            If you wait until he's an expiring contract he will have stolen over $60M from the Raptors, and if those 13 games are still all he's ever done well, then at that time you'll be trying to sell him based on something he did 4 years ago. It'll be such a distant memory that the best you'll get for him is a 2nd round draft pick similar to the Leandro Barbosa trade we made last year.

Right now we can get a starting PF and a pretty decent albeit overpaid one. In 3 years, we'll be trading a bench player whose glory days (3 weeks) are a thing of the past.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• Besides, the assumption is that the Rudy Gay trade worked because Calderon is an expiring contract. I don't think that's the case.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                +1

Although I not sure HOW much he's raised his value as of now. IF there's a good deal on the table, aka shedding salary, getting young players/picks or a legit starting PF you trade bargs. NO QUESTION. However, I don't think you have to trade him because I do believe that as long as he's coming off the bench he can be an effective player, and a good trade might come in the off season or even next year. We aren't doing anything this year even if we trade bargs so I don't see the harm in letting him play the season out.

Not sure I'm big on the boozer trade unless we are getting some good picks back.
                +1 right back. If the right deal presents itself then by all means pull the trigger. However, I admit that I'm warming up to the idea of him coming off the bench, especially with Rudy and Demar, and Lowry there to take the pressure off him on offense. He's by no means a centre piece player but he can contribute in a very efficient manner with the role he has now. And in a way that will balance out some of the inefficient performances from others.

Comment

• Oh and trading him for boozer would be one of the worst trades in franchise history. That guy is worse than bargs IMO, even though he averages better stats.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    Oh and trading him for boozer would be one of the worst trades in franchise history. That guy is worse than bargs IMO, even though he averages better stats.
                    I'd argue that there is no starting PF in the NBA worse than Bargnani. Scratch that -- in the history of the NBA.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• obviously he's had his highs and lows with the team even stuck it out with them while they were in the playoffs

Comment

• i never liked Primo Pasta to begin with

Comment

• Team comes first. Right now Bargs seems to fit in off the bench. If a trade can make the team better, go for it. Right now there's been alot of changes so I'm in favor of sitting tight.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            Oh and trading him for boozer would be one of the worst trades in franchise history. That guy is worse than bargs IMO, even though he averages better stats.
                            Care to explain this further?

Contracts aside, Boozer has had a MUCH better career than Bargnani.

Comment

• Boozer >>>> Bargnani

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              Boozer is a CAREER 16.9 ppg, 9.9 rpg and shoots 53.2 % from the floor

Bargnani is a career 15.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg and shoots 43.8 % from the floor

Boozer has also made the All-Star team in the past (once). In the real world Boozer is better than Bargs -- fanboy.

How could you say this would be the worst trade in franchise history?? WOW

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Boozer is a CAREER 16.9 ppg, 9.9 rpg and shoots 53.2 % from the floor

Bargnani is a career 15.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg and shoots 43.8 % from the floor

Boozer has also made the All-Star team in the past (once). In the real world Boozer is better than Bargs -- fanboy.

How could you say this would be the worst trade in franchise history?? WOW
                                Bargnani is 27, due to make $10.75M & $11.5M the next 2 seasons.

Boozer is 31, due to make $15.3M & $16.8M the next 2 seasons.

The Raps are already very close to the luxury tax threshold for next season and this trade would push them into the tax. Not only does that make them a tax team, but it severely limits their options for additional roster moves: no bi-annual exception, significantly reduced MLE, more strict financial trade requirements.

I don't think Boozer is enough of an upgrade to justify making 42% / 46% more money than Bargnani over the next two seasons, especially with the negative impact on roster flexibility moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X