X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Isn't camp in July? They train all summer don't they? And they also do exhibitions?
      Yes, this is somewhat true. Camp starts about 2 months before competition for most teams. But all nba players tend to train all summer. Again, I don't see the problem here. Most of this time is not anything close to high intensity competition.

About exhibition games specifically, I don't think those start until later. Hard to find any info about that. The impression I got is that they might have one or two a week in the last weeks or the month before the official competition starts. And these exhibition games will be the closest thing to "intense" competition he'll face until the actual tournament starts, and still resemble an early preseason NBA game.

And back on Bargnani, and teams going after him. Most teams want to have all their major pieces set early on in free agency, so that the holes left to plug are the less serious ones. August-September are when teams are signing their end-of-benchers, and filling these less minor holes. Whatever is thought of Bargnani, no team is going to acquire him as a benchwarmer. It will be a team looking for some kind of scoring presence and someone to fit into their top 5 or 6. If teams aren't sold on him being able to fill that role now, them striking out on other guys isn't going to change that. The only thing that's going to change it is them seeing him play, and Eurobasket is the only chance for him to do that before rejoining the Raptors. And if he's their backup plan after striking out, they'll snatch him quickly and still early on. So if you're worried that he will get injured at Eurobasket and still be on the team come November....well I'd counter with if he's not traded by Eurobasket, there's a 90% chance he is on the team come November, and the only thing that will have a chance at changing it is a strong showing at the tournament.

Also, apart from you specifically, I think we are all a bit paranoid about Bargnani. IF they are determined to move him by July 1st, I wouldn't be surprised if it's because Ujiri knows he has some value. And he clearly won't have the same standards Colangelo did. I'm optimistic he'll get something done by July 1st.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jun 3, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Bargs for Biedrins straight up? Maybe they throw in their first round pick or something?
        Unfortunately, IMO this may well be the best we can do.
        And maybe, just maybe, Biedrins regains some confidence. Worse case scenario, 1 year then he is gone. First rounder might get you a deep bench player.

Comment

Bargnani playing in the summer only increase his chance of getting hurt then and in the NBA season. Ujiri should tell him no and then if he gets traded before then, it's the next team's problem.

Jose, Jorge, Andrea, nothing good has come from these guys playing hard all summer.
          Prob No 1 reason we cannot trade him now -question: Is he healthy to play? Playing for national team might dispel his injury concern.
          If he gets hurt again -His value is almost zero anyways, so what?

Comment

• biedrins is 9 million expiring. anyone shopping for free agents next year is going to pay for that. bargs for biedrins and their pick is not going to happen.

Comment

• Bargnani's services for sale on Kijiji!

http://o.canada.com/2013/06/02/andre...ale-on-kijiji/

As noted in the source, the ad has since been taken down. I wonder if they found a buyer!

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                Prob No 1 reason we cannot trade him now -question: Is he healthy to play? Playing for national team might dispel his injury concern.
                If he gets hurt again -His value is almost zero anyways, so what?
                A medical exam can clear any question about health. No game time needed.

Comment

• Lakers. Nets.

Indiana for Granger?

Comment

• Granger has had knee issues since he got drafted. He's no better than Bargnani with respect to playing time vs. injury time.

Comment

• Bargnani & Kleiza & 2014 2nd round pick (and possibly rights to Zubcic) to Charlotte for Gordon & Henderson (once re-signed, assuming QO is extended)

Henderson provides additional depth at SG (great '3 & D' guy) to go ahead and trade DeRozan for a guy like Millsap.

* it all depends on the value Charlotte places on Bargnani, how badly they want to get rid of Gordon and how well negotiations go with Henderson (and how happy they are paying him at least $4.5M) - it could also turn Mullens (expiring w/$4.5M QO) into a trade chip for Charlotte, since he and Bargnani are quite similar

---

EDIT: this is more wishful thinking, building off a rumor from the trade deadline (deal based on Bargnani for Gordon), as opposed to being a solid belief or a new rumor
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 4, 2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Not high on Henderson at all.

He is going to be 26 in December - he is what he is.

Going after a guy like Henderson is more mediocrity in my opinion UNLESS he is on a real bargain contract.

Comment

• If they can dump Bargnani on Charlotte and get him in return that is a bargain in terms of net impact.

Comment

• What is the end goal of that move? How does bringing in Henderson fit any long term philosophy?

Comment

If they can dump Bargnani on Charlotte and get him in return that is a bargain in terms of net impact.
                              Is he a bigger impact over DeRozan? Fields? Ross?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Is he a bigger impact over DeRozan? Fields? Ross?
                                Henderson nets a few less points, but also plays less than Demar, with about the same FG% (although better 3pt%).

Not much of a downgrade if you're looking at the stats alone (I'd imagine some would argue Henderson is better right now)

Wouldn't mind him as a 6th/7th man, if his contract ain't bad

Comment

Working...
                                X