No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anything is on the table like a first round pick TAKE IT doesnt even have to necessarily be the Boozer deal im so tired of him omg! Honestly might as well just play Quincy Acy at the very least he plays D and hustles.

Comment

• I'd add Joe Smith and Michael Olowokandi to that list (ahead of Bargnani) but even then its arguable.

Comment

• I can't go that far. He has only been a complete bust this season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'd add Joe Smith and Michael Olowokandi to that list (ahead of Bargnani) but even then its arguable.
          Agree on Kandi-man, but Smith's numbers (at least his first 5 years, are arguably better than Bargnani's).

Comment

• Smith played defense and rebounded.

Comment

• I'm trying to come up with a definitive list of the options we have for Bargnani, with him not being moved today. Let me know if there's any additional options you can think of.

1. Trade Bargnani in the summer
              a) for Boozer. Might still be available in the summer, but certainly no guarantee.
              b) for Gasol. Probably available in Howard resigns in LA. However, Gasol's a UFA in a year, which means we need to:
              i) resign Gasol long-term
              ii) flip Gasol at next year's deadline as a $20 million expiring contract. It's impossible to say right now what options might be available for this, because it would need to be a team in atomic blow-it-up mode.
              iii) let Gasol expire, which would give us about $46 million in committed contracts for 2014-15 (Gay, Fields, DeRozan, Valanciunas, Ross), plus possibly a new contract for Lowry. Lots of cap space to make a big move, but not really a lot of good PF options available. We're talking about Kris Humphries being one of the better UFA PFs on the market that summer. It's that bad.
              c) in a sign-and-trade for a free agent. Possible candidates would be Millsap or Jefferson, Hickson, Pekovic, Smith. This is extremely unlikely, IMO. None of those teams would be interested in Bargnani straight up, so it would probably need to be a multi-team trade, and even then it's hard imagining how we could get assets we could flip for a good player.
              d) for someone else (I'm open to suggestions).
              2. Amnesty Bargnani
              a) use the MLE to get a replacement for $5 million or less (Wilcox, Jamison, someone of that ilk, most likely). We'll need to split that exception with the other positions that need to be filled (backup PG, possibly backup C).
              b) use an asset with value to swing a sign-and-trade. This could be something along the lines of DeRozan for Millsap or Jefferson. We'd be hard-capped at the apron for the next year, and we cannot use the mini-MLE if we do a sign-and-trade.
              3. Hold onto Bargnani and
              a) keep the big rotation essentially as it is, perhaps still using an exception to bring in another big (see 2a).
              b) use an asset with value to swing a sign-and-trade. DeRozan for one of Millsap or Jefferson still works, probably putting us into the tax but not over the apron. We'd be hard-capped at the apron for the next year, and we cannot use the mini-MLE if we do a sign-and-trade.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                I'm trying to come up with a definitive list of the options we have for Bargnani, with him not being moved today. Let me know if there's any additional options you can think of.

1. Trade Bargnani in the summer
                a) for Boozer. Might still be available in the summer, but certainly no guarantee.
                b) for Gasol. Probably available in Howard resigns in LA. However, Gasol's a UFA in a year, which means we need to:
                i) resign Gasol long-term
                ii) flip Gasol at next year's deadline as a $20 million expiring contract. It's impossible to say right now what options might be available for this, because it would need to be a team in atomic blow-it-up mode.
                iii) let Gasol expire, which would give us about $46 million in committed contracts for 2014-15 (Gay, Fields, DeRozan, Valanciunas, Ross), plus possibly a new contract for Lowry. Lots of cap space to make a big move, but not really a lot of good PF options available. We're talking about Kris Humphries being one of the better UFA PFs on the market that summer. It's that bad.
                c) in a sign-and-trade for a free agent. Possible candidates would be Millsap or Jefferson, Hickson, Pekovic, Smith. This is extremely unlikely, IMO. None of those teams would be interested in Bargnani straight up, so it would probably need to be a multi-team trade, and even then it's hard imagining how we could get assets we could flip for a good player.
                d) for someone else (I'm open to suggestions).
                2. Amnesty Bargnani
                a) use the MLE to get a replacement for $5 million or less (Wilcox, Jamison, someone of that ilk, most likely). We'll need to split that exception with the other positions that need to be filled (backup PG, possibly backup C).
                b) use an asset with value to swing a sign-and-trade. This could be something along the lines of DeRozan for Millsap or Jefferson. We'd be hard-capped at the apron for the next year, and we cannot use the mini-MLE if we do a sign-and-trade.
                3. Hold onto Bargnani and
                a) keep the big rotation essentially as it is, perhaps still using an exception to bring in another big (see 2a).
                b) use an asset with value to swing a sign-and-trade. DeRozan for one of Millsap or Jefferson still works, probably putting us into the tax but not over the apron. We'd be hard-capped at the apron for the next year, and we cannot use the mini-MLE if we do a sign-and-trade.
                How pathetic.... not your post, the options/opportunities for Bargnani.

I see only 2 options:

1) amnesty him,

2) keep him until he is an expiring and trade then or let him expire.

If Gasol is available, Lakers will have better offers than Bargnani for a near all-star PF/C on a large expiring contract.

At least we'll all know soon enough that just when you think the value has reached rock bottom, it can still go lower.

Comment

• Amnesty Bargs in the Offseason

We will have to either amnesty Bargs in the offseason or trade him. Looks like all the big players (J.Smith, C.Boozer, P.Millsap, Al.Jefferson) are staying put perhaps we could go for one of them in the summer. So this season, just let the Raps play, if we make to the playoff, god bless the Rudy Gay-Sebastian Telfair trade, if not, we loose our pick to the Thunder (Boo, i'm a bit excited about this year's pick, a chance to land Nerlens Noel or Anthony Bennett) both drops.

Comment

• Classic tenforthewin.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• LOOOOOL, give the guy a break

But tenforthewin, there's absolutely no chance we get those players you mentioned.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        We will have to either amnesty Bargs in the offseason or trade him. Looks like all the big players (J.Smith, C.Boozer, P.Millsap, Al.Jefferson) are staying put perhaps we could go for one of them in the summer. So this season, just let the Raps play, if we make to the playoff, god bless the Rudy Gay-Sebastian Telfair trade, if not, we loose our pick to the Thunder (Boo, i'm a bit excited about this year's pick, a chance to land Nerlens Noel or Anthony Bennett) both drops.
                        +10ftw

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Like your trades, nice to see reality never stands in your way.

FtCBA!

That be Twitter talk for "F*ck the Collective Bargaining Agreement!"

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Like your trades, nice to see reality never stands in your way.

FtCBA!

That be Twitter talk for "F*ck the Collective Bargaining Agreement!"
                            hahahaha harsh but sweet!

Comment

• in life, i'm a med student haha, i will be making big $ on the long run

Comment

Working...
                              X