Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    +1
    either they move him or have him come off the bench as a different look on offense. There has only been one team in the NBA that has won a championship without a real center or point guard and thats the bulls Derozan is not Jordan and Weems is not Pippen.
    Actually those Bulls teams did have real centers...they werent good but they played the position as centers...We dont need the next Snaq O Meal but you need to have a center that plays his position..you need a guy that protects the rim at the very least...

Comment

• I understand Raptors fans patients are thinner then Kattie Olsen, but come on people!?!

What are we suppose to do with this mess? Blame Andrea? That’s like “Blame Canada!” in South Park. A little over done. The Raptors best option right now is patients. We got to get through this year fighting like rabbit dogs. Even if we lose every game we can’t give up!

I think next year things look *VERY* bright for this team! We’ll a clean slate with no baggage. A a very high draft pick in a GOOD draft, from what I’m hearing (Good Guards). A great young core that is improving all the time. A strong fan base that watches games even when we are 2-9. Plus our team could grow in any direction. All our players are MOVEABLE. Maybe some contract are little over paid but still VERY moveable.

I would play this year with little changes and focus WAY more on next year! I don't blame any individual for our losses. It just isn't a well constructed team, yet. It's like a house you built with best material available with your current situation.

It’s always darkest before the dawn! But dawn is next year boys....

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        No one is accusing Bargnani of not having talent. I mean, the guy is averaging close to 20 ppg and he's very mobile for a guy his size.
        What do you mean by mobile? He has a pretty good first step, though it looks better than it actually is since his opponents need to respect his shot.

This guy looks slow running up and down the court, looks slow on his rotations and lateral movements, and can barely get off the ground. He probably hasn't won a tip off all year.

Calling him skilled is one thing, but calling him mobile or athletic is reaching.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
          What do you mean by mobile? He has a pretty good first step, though it looks better than it actually is since his opponents need to respect his shot.

This guy looks slow running up and down the court, looks slow on his rotations and lateral movements, and can barely get off the ground. He probably hasn't won a tip off all year.

Calling him skilled is one thing, but calling him mobile or athletic is reaching.
          Totally agree, except that he has won one tip this year, against Washington.

Mobility on defense refers to covering a lot of ground, being in two places at once, Bargnani sucks at that. Offensively, it could mean operating from different areas on the court, keeping the defense guessing as to what you're going to do and when you're going to do it because you can do it from anywhere on the floor. Fine, you can make a case that he does that but since he's not nearly consistent enough, you can't attribute that as a quality to him. It would be like calling DeRozan a good jump shooter just because he knocks a few down every three games.

Comment

• Lets put it another way - after all the 2006 draft re-do's people wanted... Would you trade Bargs right now for Brandon Roy?

Comment

• Eric Smith / Bargnani

- Lets not forget that Eric Smith writes for Raptors.com. Part of his salary is paid by MLSE. He has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned

- Bargnani may very well have talent but he's been ruined. Like a spoiled child who is handed everything BC and MG have obviously coddled him. He needs a good old fashioned ass kicking and that won't happen in Toronto. Guaranteed, you send him to Utah, where he'll have to EARN his keep and Jerry Sloan will whip him into shape within a season.

Comment

• His one tipoff win is more a product of Reggie's hustle than Barg's vertical.

Comment

• Whenever Bargs pisses me off, and he pissed me off last night (a lot), I think of Rashard Lewis earning 19.5 million this year and averaging a whopping 10.3 points and 5.7 rebounds a game. And shooting 36% from the field. Orlando would gladly swap the two.

Comment

• I'm sure many GM's would actually give up quite a bit for Bargs. They'll look at him and say: look at this guys talent, he's 7 feet tall, spreads the floor, has a good first step, and he's only 25! The only thing missing is motivation. Well, I bet we can get him motivated.
                    See, pride can be a bitch and GM's have lots of it. This increases Bargnani's trade value.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      I'm sure many GM's would actually give up quite a bit for Bargs. They'll look at him and say: look at this guys talent, he's 7 feet tall, spreads the floor, has a good first step, and he's only 25! The only thing missing is motivation. Well, I bet we can get him motivated.
                      See, pride can be a bitch and GM's have lots of it. This increases Bargnani's trade value.
                      GM's obviously won't see the lack of basketball IQ, help defense, rebounding, inefficiency, shooting %, court awareness, and as you mentioned, motivation issues.

Not saying Barg's won't succeed elsewhere, a change of scenery might help him a lot. Especially with coach and teammates that will hold him accountable.

Comment

• Orange Julius wrote: View Post
                        - Lets not forget that Eric Smith writes for Raptors.com. Part of his salary is paid by MLSE. He has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned

- Bargnani may very well have talent but he's been ruined. Like a spoiled child who is handed everything BC and MG have obviously coddled him. He needs a good old fashioned ass kicking and that won't happen in Toronto. Guaranteed, you send him to Utah, where he'll have to EARN his keep and Jerry Sloan will whip him into shape within a season.
                        In grade 9 science, I learned the difference between kinetic and potential energy. Kinetic is simple, it's energy as a result of motion. Potential energy is a little bit more esoteric. Like a boulder on top of a hill, potential energy is great but it is exactly just that, a boulder on top of a hill. Bargs is just another guy with potential. I'm waiting for the day when his body starts to not cooperate and he ends up missing more time due to injuries. This way, he'll be the next Mehmet Okur.

PS> Eric Smith wants to say more but his employers won't be happy with his comments. I'm sure that Jerry Sloane would trade for him in the hopes of turning him around due to his potential. However, if he continues like this, his ass will be glued to the bench while the likes of Millsap will become All Stars. Let's face the fact that Bargs is destroying this franchise. Mitchell was right all along and got canned for it. Too bad, that's all the defensive gritty stuff that this team really needed. How much is Jersey giving up in points these days?
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
                          Whenever Bargs pisses me off, and he pissed me off last night (a lot), I think of Rashard Lewis earning 19.5 million this year and averaging a whopping 10.3 points and 5.7 rebounds a game. And shooting 36% from the field. Orlando would gladly swap the two.
                          He's actually making 20.5 million.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post

He is more mobile than the majority of players his size. Whether or not is does anything with his mobility is another thing. The guy doesn't have great speed up and down the court, but he has quickness, although unfortunately not lateral quickness, which would help him on defense.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
                              Dumb thread.....When you see an opposing player driving in the paint uncontested for a layup and our center is standing both feet outside the paint standing still what else you need to see.....

Check that thread for the pics of him defending Demarcus Cousins lol
                              Here's the thread:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...s/494234690019

My personal favorite:

Comment

• Look at where Amir is.

Comment

Working...
                                X