Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    In the first half you couldn't tell if his eyes were open or closed. He looked like he was sleep walking.

Is it time to start Davis rather than Bargnani?

This way he can catch up on his sleep on bench during the beginning of the game.
    Ed Davis reminds me of Chris Bosh the way hes limping up and down the court with that big brace. I dont think he's 100% he looks to get tierd very quick. Bargnani had a tough game but so did the whole team. If the raptors wings dont knock down shots it allows other teams to double Bargnani without worrying about him passing out. Raptors need wings who are confindent kocking down shots someone like Brandon Rush. Why do you think Hibbert is so effective its because Indiana has a bunch of shooters around him. When Weems and Derozan are just standing uslessly at the 3 point line with a combined 10 % 3 point shooting percantage you think teams will respect that ummm nooo, therefore they can easily double Bargnani without any worries. Don't be suprosied if more teams start realizig this. We need peja back as soon as possible to spread the floor. Who would of ever thought that looll...
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• You take Andrea out of the starting line up and who will score? Davis is playing well but his offense is incredibly raw, Amir is good in the pick and roll but would be completely shut down if teams game planned for him, DD is not ready, Weems is inconsistent and Jose is, well, do you really see Jose scoring in bunches? Andrea is our franchise scorer and he will start until

1. Someone else steps up

or

2. We trade him
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• LOLLLLLL, Buddah

How did you like Bayless's game today ? Quite an ALL-STAR isn't he?

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          Ed Davis reminds me of Chris Bosh the way hes limping up and down the court with that big brace. I dont think he's 100% he looks to get tierd very quick. Bargnani had a tough game but so did the whole team. If the raptors wings dont knock down shots it allows other teams to double Bargnani without worrying about him passing out. Raptors need wings who are confindent kocking down shots someone like Brandon Rush. Why do you think Hibbert is so effective its because Indian has a bunch of shooters around him. When Weems and Derozan are just standing uslessly at the 3 point line with a combines 10% 3point shooting percantage you think teams will respect that ummm nooo, therefore they can easily double Bargnani without worries.
          I have seen old men in wheel chairs move faster than Bargnani did tonight on defense in the first half.

The brace actually weighs very very little and does not impair Davis' play.

I didn't see him limping but then again the Raptors coaches and I might have missed it.

I don't think that they would intentionally play an injured player.

Davis does need to build up his conditioning.

I don't think that Davis is ready to start because he needs more experience and he needs to build up his stamina. However by the all-star break he could be good to start.

It will happen. It is only a question of when and who he will replace in the starting lineup.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

You are correct to certain extent.

Davis can guard Hibbert, though Davis needs more experience.
            Kleiza can guard McRoberts
            Johnson could have guarded Granger.
            wasnt particularly worried about kleizas defensive assignment..more worried about his offence being terrible and him looking like he doesnt know what to do when he gets the ball. i particularly was impressed with the play where it looked like he just gave the ball to is defender. he has been utterly disappointing.

Comment

I don't think that Davis is ready to start because he needs more experience and he needs to build up his stamina. However by the all-star break he could be good to start.

It will happen. It is only a question of when and who he will replace in the starting lineup.
              Your answer to when is ... when he gets traded and he will repalace elton brand in philadephia's starting lineup loool ( my wishful thinking hello Igudala please bc pull your magic)

Otherwise he should be happy if he stays in Toronto for the rest of the year, he clearly hates the Dleague long bus rides loll..
              Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• On a serious note,,, I see a little problem.. I beleive Bargnanis natural position is Power Forward. However now that Amir is developing into a legit power forward it is almost a negative because now Amir desrves to be a starter and if we bring in a true center who comes off the bench now?

Comment

• Bargnani FTW! (Video of elbow)

I just thought this was funny:

Raps & Pacers game:

So Bargs nonchalantly gives Dunleavy the elbow and Dunleavy literally does a dramatic dive that made all soccer teams around the world take notes.

Then Dunleavy decides to “retaliate”

To which Bargs says “Wow that’s it? That’s your best shot?”

Wasn’t aware our big guy had emotion/got involved/got affected. Nice.

Still a shitty game though.

Comment

I have seen old men in wheel chairs move faster than Bargnani did tonight on defense in the first half.

The brace actually weighs very very little and does not impair Davis' play.

I didn't see him limping but then again the Raptors coaches and I might have missed it.

I don't think that they would intentionally play an injured player.

Davis does need to build up his conditioning.

They killed us with the 3 pointers, how can be Bargnani freakin' s fault??? he had maybe 5 shoots in the first half , Calderon and co. took him out of action it was not Indiana...in the end you can put , Davis e Amir as a starters if you like but the cruel truth is ...when Bargnani get it going Raptors win , also because is not a selfish player and gives the opportunity to open space for the " young onez " ( whatever ) ...when Amir got big number Raptors loose ! just like a guy called Bosh , he can do better but without him we will be at the bottom of the table!

Comment

• footie wrote: View Post
                      They killed us with the 3 pointers, how can be Bargnani freakin' s fault??? he had maybe 5 shoots in the first half , Calderon and co. took him out of action it was not Indiana...in the end you can put , Davis e Amir as a starters if you like but the cruel truth is ...when Bargnani get it going Raptors win , also because is not a selfish player and gives the opportunity to open space for the " young onez " ( whatever ) ...when Amir got big number Raptors loose ! just like a guy called Bosh , he can do better but without him we will be at the bottom of the table!
                      Is THere A "LIKE BUTTON"
                      +1

Comment

• [QUOTE=Buddahfan;55087]
                        MakoShark wrote: View Post
                        I'm convinced that Amir's going to have an impact for the raptors. Maybe Ed Davis will become better though. That doesn't change the fact that we still need a good center.[/QUOTE]

Why?

The Thunder don't have a good center.

What you need are two bigs who can play defense and rebound.

Davis and Johnson can both do that.

How many big heavy centers are their in the league that can score.

Noah does a very good job at center and Davis is bigger than he is.
                        OKC were also bounced out of the first round by the Lakers, whos huge front court dismantled them in the post..Every team that goes deep in the playoffs have a legit C who can play D..

Scoring gets all the $ and praise but its Defence that wins titles...

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                          Is THere A "LIKE BUTTON"
                          +1
                          ya its not bargs job to guard 3pt line but if there doing switchs on D(which they always do) it becomes his prob if its the guy hes supposed to switch to!.. i think we all would agree that Bargs isnt too bad when hes scoring but hes never consistant & when hes not scoring hes useless.. its like he just mails it in & plans for a night clubing..
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Bargnani is supposed to be the team leader.

Maybe when the leader plays like he has just taken Nodoz the rest follow his lead.

Yawning is very contagious.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Edited it to add a video of the exact clip. This was the "bright spot" in the game, need Andrea to show more of this swagger, but not towards small white guys.

Comment

Bargnani is supposed to be the team leader.

Maybe when the leader plays like he has just taken Nodoz the rest follow his lead.

Yawning is very contagious.
                                Lol did it specifically say in his contract that Bargnani is suppose to be a team leader... If i dont remeber correctly before this year he hardly said a word to his teamates looll...

Relaxxx give the man some time to grow into this role. Bosh had 7 years to become the man... If you are assuming this is Bargnanis team well then .. give him time grow into a leader and consitant all star...

Comment

Working...
                                X