No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The article is pretty good except Thorpe remains clueless about the Bargnani-Johnson pairing. That's okay even a lot of Raptors fans and writers remain clueless about it, though fortunately Triano and BC do not.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• He doesn't even mention Amir Johnson. That's probably because he wasn't asked about Amir Johnson...

Comment

• After watching some of the summer games I thought Alabi looked like a high second rounder (I thought Whiteside looked pretty good). Thorpe still thinks he thought he was a low 20s pick. Again, he is a good prospect who only started playing at about 15 and in Nigeria to boot. Sending him to the D League is probably best.

Comment

• That's a pretty optimistic review of our young guys, gotta hope his words about Davis are right in both the offense and defense categories. I think he hit the nail on the head about the Bargnani/Davis pairing and that both of them would benefit from playing with a true center.

Comment

• Buddha, how good do you think the Bargs/Davis pairing is going to be?

Lets talk in terms of the East, where do you see them ranked? I say Orlando has the best, then Atl, Chi, NYN and then maybe the raps if we are strictly talking about the starting 4/5. I am sure I am forgetting someone and can't count the Heat since I'm not sure if they have starting center yet, but if they play Bron at 4 and Bosh at five they jump to the top.

Comment

• ya i don't think alabi will play much this season sending him to the d-league to improve his skills will be a great idea because it will be hard to get him time with the raps
              ya dun noe

Comment

• I wouldn't send him to the d league he just needs the gym and one on one time with a big man coach.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He doesn't even mention Amir Johnson. That's probably because he wasn't asked about Amir Johnson...
                  good point.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    The article is pretty good except Thorpe remains clueless about the Bargnani-Johnson pairing. That's okay even a lot of Raptors fans and writers remain clueless about it, though fortunately Triano and BC do not.
                    While I agree that Johnson is very underrated, this man crush is getting out of hand.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      The article is pretty good except Thorpe remains clueless about the Bargnani-Johnson pairing. That's okay even a lot of Raptors fans and writers remain clueless about it, though fortunately Triano and BC do not.
                      im worried about the amr bargs pairing as well... i mean i just cant see them holding it down against bigs like noah n boozer, gasol n bynum, horford n j smith, kg n j.o.... bosh n big z...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        After watching some of the summer games I thought Alabi looked like a high second rounder.
                        I was expecting more of him because Thorpe bigged him up in his interview with phdsteve too. He looked out of place, a step slow and didn't appear to be trying very hard. Triano and Colangelo were thanking their stars he fell to them but I haven't seen why just yet. Yeah, there's some Dalembert in him but there's also POB.

Comment

• Bargnani vs Anderson By The Numbers

I compared some of the 09-10 numbers of Bargnani to Anderson.

Conclusion:
                          -------------------
                          1. Bargnani was a better shooter, Anderson is a better rebounder and defender.
                          2. Bargnani's offense did not come close to compensating for his horrible defense.
                          3. Anderson's defense seemed to offset his poorer shooting and overall looking at all sources his on court/off court numbers appear to be slightly favorable whereas Bargnani's on court/off court numbers were very unfavorable.
                          4. WS/48 was almost equal. Since Houston and Toronto had almost identical records the team affect on WS/48 in non-existent in this case.
                          ==================================================

Summary line item comparison with respect to 09-10 based upon the numbers B = Bargnani and A = Anderson

1. B was a better shooter from the field including on 3 point attempts
                          2. B was a better shooter from the free throw line
                          3. B scored at about a 20% greater rate on a points per 36 minutes basis. While B's Usg% was higher the better scorer could be attributed to better shooting.
                          4. A was a better rebounder in rebounds per 36 minutes
                          5. A was a better rebounder in percentage of available rebounds grabbed
                          6. A and B's Net Offense/Defense Rating according to BaskeballReference.com were both a minus five. This is below average
                          7. B had a slightly better Roland Rating due to a better shooting percentage and greater usage percentage on offense
                          8. A had a favorable rating in both on court/off court team points allowed per 100 possessions and effective team field goal percentage allowed.
                          9. B had an unfavorable rating in both on court/off court team points allowed per 100 possessions and effective team field goal percentage allowed.
                          10. A had a favorable 1 Year Unadjusted Overall Net Rating
                          11. B had an unfavorable 1 Year Unadjusted Overall Rating
                          12. A was ranked 4th best in defense on the Rockets last season
                          13. B was ranked worst in defense on the Raptors last season

Category----------------------------------Bargnani---Anderson
                          ================================================== =
                          Age Nov 1, 2010-------------------------------26-------30
                          Height----------------------------------------7'0"------6'11"
                          Weight---------------------------------------225-------245 Note: Bargnani clearly weighs more than 225 4sure.

09-10 Numbers
                          ---------------------------
                          MPG------------------------------------------35.0-------14.1
                          PPG-------------------------------------------17.2--------5.8
                          Points per 36 Min------------------------------17.7-------14.8
                          FG%------------------------------------------.470-------.432
                          3FG%-----------------------------------------.372-------.346
                          FT%------------------------------------------.778-------.687
                          RPG--------------------------------------------6.2---------3.3
                          Rebounds per 36 Min----------------------------6.3---------8.4
                          PER--------------------------------------------15.5--------12.1
                          TRB%------------------------------------------10.4--------13.4
                          USG%------------------------------------------22.3--------20.2
                          ORtg--------------------------------------------108---------103
                          DRtg--------------------------------------------113---------108
                          Net Off/Def Rating--------------------------------(5)---------(5)
                          WS/48----------------.072--------.070
                          Simple Roland Rating-----------------------------(2.0--------(3.0)
                          On Court Pts All Per 100-------------------------116.9------106.9
                          Off Court Pts All Per 100-------------------------108.3------109.9
                          Net On/Off Court Pts Alll Per 100-------------------8.6------- (3.0) Note: Plus means team allowed more points when player on court and minus means team allowed fewer points when the player on court.
                          On Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------------52.4--------49.3
                          Off Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------------48.6--------51.6
                          Net On/Off Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------3.8--------(2.4) Note: Plus means teams allowed opponents to shoot better when player on court and minus means that opponents shot worse when the player was on the court - The lower the number the better.
                          1 Year Unadjusted Overall Net Rtg-----------------(6.88)-------2.88 Note: The greater the positive number the better and the lower the negative number the worse.
                          1 Year Unadjusted Off Rtg--------------------------2.22--------0.36
                          1 Year Unadjusted Def Rtg------------------------(9.10)--------2.53
                          1 Year Def Rtg Rank on Team---------------------Worst--------4th Best Note: Players that played over 750 minutes

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...anderda03.html

http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU21.HTM

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=HOU

Comment: While I did see Anderson play last season his play does not stick out in my mind. However, based upon the numbers on offense his game on offense seems somewhat similar to Bargnani though not as effective or efficient. It is worth noting that Bargnani and Johnson matched up pretty good last season on both offense and defense. So just based upon the numbers Anderson and Johnson may also match up pretty good.

Will this make Davis the 4th big on the depth chart? Could be. We shall have to wait and see.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Bargnani Ranks 37th On The Yahoo Sports Fantasy Big Board

37 Andrea Bargnani(notes) , TOR, FC Bosh’s departure puts the mantle squarely on Bargs’ shoulders
                            Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

• Does Fantasy basketball take defense into account?

Comment

• dont know much about Andersen to be honest but he shouldnt get minutes and time over davis, that would just be rediculous. Andersen seems to be the type who's good in small doses and from what ive seen-admittingly only from summer league-Davis has shown he can at least hold his own.
                                if he gains a little size from now until training camp he has the length to play in small spurts at the 5 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X