No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Casey’s thinking on Bargnani’s rebounding issue and the genius of it is pretty simple, really. It’s just getting him focused on the task itself instead of smothering him with a desired (and necessary, one way or another, you’ve gotta figure) end result. I say ‘smothering’ only because for a guy like Bargnani, being told that he’s GOT TO get eight or ten rebounds every game could be way more daunting (and knowing Bargnani, maybe stifling) than what WE’D all figure it should be. So instead of getting him to gaze at the top of the mountain, telling him ‘that’s where you’ve gotta get to’, Casey gets him to look at the foot of the mountain and tells him to just focus on that first easy step, hoping the right habits finally begin to implement themselves in his own head. If it takes, it could be the beginning of good things for him. And us.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      WHY DO YOU RESPOND WITH ALL CAPS? ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?

I don't think anyone interprets get 2 rebounds and coast. I certainly didn't. There is a teaching method called 'whole-part-whole'. You introduce the concept or skill, break it down to its parts, return to focus on the entire concept.

How many people have been telling Bargnani to rebound for years and throwing arbitrary numbers like 10 rebounds, 7 feet tall, 36 minutes? A lot. Fans, media, coaches, assistant coaches, management, teammates.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "Andrea, you've got to rebound... just go get the ball.... look at how big you are." Yeah, that has been extremely successful. A new spin might make something click. It is the first time I've heard anyone directly related to the Raptor organization say, "I told him we need two (rebounds) a quarter, you’re up to eight and you can fall into a couple more. That’s our goal with him and he’s made a concentrated effort of doing that."

As for the haters, I just put a post up that spoke about him being the best player in the gym (warm and fuzzy was my comment on it) and about the 2 rebounds a quarter (simple yet genius was my comment) - and what part of the article and comment gets attacked? Nope... there is no hate for Andrea... none at all.
      sorry re. the caps...too much deadspin. it's infectious. not yelling, just emphasizing.

look, i'm sorry if i'm not as enthusiastic about some report from a known raptor-fluffer based on some mystery 'source.' it would have a bit more credence if it came from a guy who didn't run from the idea of writing anything vaguely controversial or actually critical about the raptors. i take what smith writes with the same grain of salt i do when i read a comment from cesco or multipaul (btw...where'd he go?).

so, yay, andrea's been the best player in training camp. that's great. he's also been great in actual games...and even been great for stretches of games. what has it meant in the past, exactly?
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

I don't think anyone interprets get 2 rebounds and coast. I certainly didn't. There is a teaching method called 'whole-part-whole'. You introduce the concept or skill, break it down to its parts, return to focus on the entire concept.

How many people have been telling Bargnani to rebound for years and throwing arbitrary numbers like 10 rebounds, 7 feet tall, 36 minutes? A lot. Fans, media, coaches, assistant coaches, management, teammates.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "Andrea, you've got to rebound... just go get the ball.... look at how big you are." Yeah, that has been extremely successful. A new spin might make something click. It is the first time I've heard anyone directly related to the Raptor organization say, "I told him we need two (rebounds) a quarter, you’re up to eight and you can fall into a couple more. That’s our goal with him and he’s made a concentrated effort of doing that."

As for the haters, I just put a post up that spoke about him being the best player in the gym (warm and fuzzy was my comment on it) and about the 2 rebounds a quarter (simple yet genius was my comment) - and what part of the article and comment gets attacked? Nope... there is no hate for Andrea... none at all
        Couple things here:

1) how do you "make something click" in a guy? How many different approaches were taken in hopes of getting things to 'click' for him? If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.... well isn't the idea of trying to find a way to get Bargnani rebound and defend (yet again) insane?

2) the entire article was about Andrea. People (Yertu) responded to it regarding Andrea. How was Yertu responding to the things in the article that he didn't agree with 'hating'? How could Yertu have responded to the article without you considering it 'hating'? Would he just not have had to not respond or respond positively or by 'hoping' everything is will turn out? People clearly don't expect Andrea to amount to much of a rebounder... and Yertu's statement about people having 'lowered the bar 'in regards to Andrea's expectations is something I specifically remember you mentioning aswell.

3) I'd have alot more faith in the article if it came from ANYONE other than Doug Smith. While I think D.Smith is intelligent, knowledgeable and has resources above and beyond most of the media, he tows the company line like no other. Has BC ever done anything, of significance, that he has been critical of? BC could trade for Hedo again and Doug Smith would talk about how it should work out well for the team or atleast how BC has a bigger 'plan' and everyone should just be patient.

Comment

• I think one of the downside of Bargnani's so-called new found aggression is more fouls. I can see him trying to overcompensate and being too eager to chase the offensive player which could result in more fouls.

Comment

As for the haters, I just put a post up that spoke about him being the best player in the gym (warm and fuzzy was my comment on it) and about the 2 rebounds a quarter (simple yet genius was my comment) - and what part of the article and comment gets attacked? Nope... there is no hate for Andrea... none at all.
            save your breath matt. not worth it anymore.

Comment

• Bargnani not immune to trade discussions

According to TSN:

In fact, Colangelo conceded that the Raptors big man was a person of interest in this rumour-wild offseason.

"There are a number of teams interested (in Bargnani) – we were actually brought into the conversations with respect to the Chris Paul and even Dwight Howard to L.A. possibilities, where Andrea was a piece that was of interest to the teams involved," he said.

"Having said that, we're going to keep him as long as he's a part of what we're doing here. I said nobody on this team is untradeable.
              http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=382858

Nothing new here, but glad to read that Colangelo is at least, still taking calls on Bargnani.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                I think one of the downside of Bargnani's so-called new found aggression is more fouls. I can see him trying to overcompensate and being too eager to chase the offensive player which could result in more fouls.
                Before worrying about fouls, we need to worry about this new found aggression actually sticking

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Before worrying about fouls, we need to worry about this new found aggression actually sticking
                  Oh god here we go.

hahahahahaha Im done with that part Nilanka. Not biting!

Comment

According to TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=382858

Nothing new here, but glad to read that Colangelo is at least, still taking calls on Bargnani.
                    part of the conversation with the Paul and Howard trade??? Like Paul for Bargnani straight up? Or Bargnani for Howard??? hahahaha

Comment

part of the conversation with the Paul and Howard trade??? Like Paul for Bargnani straight up? Or Bargnani for Howard??? hahahaha
                      I'm sure the Raptors were brought in as a possible 3rd team, in the same way Houston and Scola were rumoured in the nixed Laker trade.

Comment

• hopefully bargnani doesn't improve and we can move on to the non bargnani era, AKA Playoffs every year era.

Comment

I'm sure the Raptors were brought in as a possible 3rd team, in the same way Houston and Scola were rumoured in the nixed Laker trade.
                          Now im curious how involved the raptors were...

Could we have gotten Scola? Odom?? Picks????

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            hopefully bargnani doesn't improve and we can move on to the non bargnani era, AKA Playoffs every year era.
                            hahahaha. When Bargnani leaves, i wonder who's going to get the next "Everything" thread. hahaha

Comment

Wonder if he is waiting for Howard to be traded, and trade bargnani to the same team as part of a three team trade?
                              That way Bargs and Howard will be together, and whoever gets them is most likely giving up young players and draft picks we may be able to steal.

Comment

Now im curious how involved the raptors were...

Could we have gotten Scola? Odom?? Picks????
                                Picks would be good. Scola or Odom would have been pointless.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X