View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 100 of 528 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #1981
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I got one. We need this big man in our camp. He will definitely help Bargs on team D.

    That is a good idea. After he lost the election in the US for Congress he is probably looking for a job. LOL - great picture.

  2. #1982
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure what you think a veteran big man is going to do that all the coaches Bargnani has had over his entire career, as well as guys like Nesterovic, and Moses Malone, who tutored him in the summer of 2009, have done. Before you make broad assumptions, ensure you know what you are talking about. By the time a player gets to the NBA, team defense should be mostly instinctual. And by the time you get to year five, you should really know what you're doing. Coaching, mentoring and all the things that people keep saying the Raptors should do to teach Bargnani how to play team defense won't do any good if the player simply don't have it in him to play good team defense.

    Ed Davis, right now, is a better team defender than Bargnani is. Besides, there are more than enough good coaches on the team that can show him the finer points of team defense in the NBA. That's what coaches are for.
    i asked a simple question... i did not make any assumptions so dont act like a douchebag and make statements like this when people ask questions on an internet forum.

  3. #1983
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Right, Patrick Ewing had nothing to do with Dwight's development and it was all of Battie's doing. He's more of a mentor than Battie.

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    when did i say patrick ewing wasnt involved ? the point was ur not going to pull a 45 year old HOF'er out of retirement to mentor bargs are you ?

    guys like foyle and battie were THERE PLAYING and PRACTICING...with dwight

    dont be a bitch and put words in other people's mouths.... everyone knows thats a bitch move...

    you said battie didnt... i said he did and provided the link... take it like a man and STFU

  4. #1984
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    when did i say patrick ewing wasnt involved ? the point was ur not going to pull a 45 year old HOF'er out of retirement to mentor bargs are you ?

    guys like foyle and battie were THERE PLAYING and PRACTICING...with dwight

    dont be a bitch and put words in other people's mouths.... everyone knows thats a bitch move...

    you said battie didnt... i said he did and provided the link... take it like a man and STFU
    Why wouldn't you have a future HOF to mentor a current player? I don't know why you wouldn't. Obviously that player has done well enough to be considered a future HOF. Why wouldn't you want that retired player with all that wisdom to inpart that knowledge? They've been through the wars and the pressure situations. Guys like Foyle and Battie are just practice fodder. They wouldn't know or how to deal with being in pressure situations and being counted upon - because they wouldn't be out there in pressure situations.

    Anyways, way to be classy with the cursing and name calling. Show some maturity.

  5. #1985
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Juwon Howard plays team defense?

    Howard's mentors weren't Battie or Foyle - the Magic signed Ewing as an coach to help him out.

    I don't think there are too many big men out there (playing sense) that would help this team. If the Raptors are going to sign a big man coach, they should hire some with a lot of smarts, a cerebrial kind of player.. like Sabonis.. or Divac.
    right mango kid... lets hire kareem to join the raps and suit up and play all 82 games and practice with the raps...

    cuz clearly battie and foyle or other veterans cant teach anything...

    how many more lies are you gona spit ??

  6. #1986
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Juwon Howard plays team defense?

    Howard's mentors weren't Battie or Foyle - the Magic signed Ewing as an coach to help him out.

    I don't think there are too many big men out there (playing sense) that would help this team. If the Raptors are going to sign a big man coach, they should hire some with a lot of smarts, a cerebrial kind of player.. like Sabonis.. or Divac.
    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    Battie might be most valuable for the Nets off of the court. After the trade, Dwight Howard let it be known that he looked up to Battie as sort of a big brother, and he was partly responsible for his development in the league. Everyone who talks about Battie seems to love his professionalism and there could be worse guys mentoring Brook. Shoot, he could even get to Sean Williams. Doubtful, but still…

    Read more: http://netsarescorching.com/2009/09/...#ixzz15P1PNJtc

    maybe next time do some research before responding...
    yea... so im not sure did howard say battie and foyle really helped him develop or no ?

    you want more sources ? go check out dwight's blog and search for adonis foyle -

  7. #1987
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    right mango kid... lets hire kareem to join the raps and suit up and play all 82 games and practice with the raps...

    cuz clearly battie and foyle or other veterans cant teach anything...

    how many more lies are you gona spit ??
    What lies?

    I'd rather my big man learning from Kareem than Battie or Foyle. Kareem has more to teach than those two guys.

  8. #1988
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    What lies?

    I'd rather my big man learning from Kareem than Battie or Foyle. Kareem has more to teach than those two guys.
    you said battie and foyle DIDNT TEACH DWIGHT

    that was a lie... wasnt it ??

  9. #1989
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no one is saying who they would prefer to mentor their big man... read the OP twice or three times until you understand the point before posting...

  10. #1990
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    yea... so im not sure did howard say battie and foyle really helped him develop or no ?

    you want more sources ? go check out dwight's blog and search for adonis foyle -
    When you practice with guys on your team day in and out, you do learn stuff. Obviously, with Dwight being a rookie and sophmore, when you practice against elderstatesmen on your team, you do learn things, but there's a reason the Magic brought in Patrick Ewing to be a coach - to mentor Dwight.

  11. #1991
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    no one is saying who they would prefer to mentor their big man... read the OP twice or three times until you understand the point before posting...
    I fully understand the point. I'm wondering what's yours, cause really, you haven't provided any examples as to who the Raptors can bring in, all I'm reading is whining and complaining from you.

  12. #1992
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hey mango kid, which HOF'er can we get to join the raptors to teach andrea some stuff ?

    who do you have in mind ?? how bout bill russell ?? or wilt chamberlain ?? bill walton ?? yea those are all real possibilities to not only join the raptors but to travel and practice with the team... maybe wilt champberlain can play too ??

    omg maybe he could start and we could move bargs to the 4 !!

    does anyone have bc's phone number ?

  13. #1993
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    you said battie and foyle DIDNT TEACH DWIGHT

    that was a lie... wasnt it ??
    I said that they weren't real mentors. They helped him in practice, they practiced against Howard, but I'd still say Ewing is Dwight's real mentor.

  14. #1994
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I fully understand the point. I'm wondering what's yours, cause really, you haven't provided any examples as to who the Raptors can bring in, all I'm reading is whining and complaining from you.
    umm i dont know, maybe look up nba free agents, and click on "C" or "center" and see who's available ??

    i hope that wasnt too difficult though... do you need a link again ? like the link that showed how howard DID LEARN from battie and foyle when you said he DIDNT ?

    let me know, actually dont.

  15. #1995
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I said that they weren't real mentors. They helped him in practice, they practiced against Howard, but I'd still say Ewing is Dwight's real mentor.
    why dont you go look up when ewing came in and joined the magic...

    was dwight already a beast by that time or what ?

    another good question would be... is ewing helping dwight with his offense or defense ?

  16. #1996
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ok so who is andrea learning even a little bit "small stuff" from as you so eloquently put it ??

  17. #1997
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    hey mango kid, which HOF'er can we get to join the raptors to teach andrea some stuff ?

    who do you have in mind ?? how bout bill russell ?? or wilt chamberlain ?? bill walton ?? yea those are all real possibilities to not only join the raptors but to travel and practice with the team... maybe wilt champberlain can play too ??

    omg maybe he could start and we could move bargs to the 4 !!

    does anyone have bc's phone number ?
    So who are the examples of players the Raptors could bring in? You still haven't provided them, you just seem to be dancing around the question.

    Why are you caught up with the notion of the Raptors having to bring in active players to teach?

  18. #1998
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    umm i dont know, maybe look up nba free agents, and click on "C" or "center" and see who's available ??

    i hope that wasnt too difficult though... do you need a link again ? like the link that showed how howard DID LEARN from battie and foyle when you said he DIDNT ?

    let me know, actually dont.
    Why should I look it up? You were the one that originally brought up the idea of the Raptors having to sign a 4 or 5 to teach Bargnani. You should come with names. I'm still waiting...

  19. #1999
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So who are the examples of players the Raptors could bring in? You still haven't provided them, you just seem to be dancing around the question.

    Why are you caught up with the notion of the Raptors having to bring in active players to teach?
    i think its important for young players especially from different continents to have a mentor who is not just a coach but a fellow team mate...

    and even more so for big men...

    pretty crazy concept huh ??

  20. #2000
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    yea i know what you mean... but my criticism is not directed at bargs... it is directed at BC.

    at the same time i dont think a summer with rasho or malone is going to do anything.... he needed a veteran to practice and travel with the team and talk to bargs on the bench during games...

    we owed that to our number 1 pick...

    players who come from europe usually have played a different style and that is why its not so instinctual.

    tim do you agree though that maybe in barg's rookie year, if we had a vet who had played north american style ball, he could have taught bargs the way to defend north american style, and bargs probably wouldnt have been so lost from the beginning ?
    Bargnani had two years playing with Nesterovic, who won a Championship as the starting center on the Spurs, one of the best defensive teams of the last decade. I'm not sure what more you can ask for.

    And the point is that you can't simply teach someone team defense. You can show them what they are supposed to do, but it's really up to them to make it instinctual. And what is a veteran big man going to do that a coach can't? A coach is there to teach.

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    i asked a simple question... i did not make any assumptions so dont act like a douchebag and make statements like this when people ask questions on an internet forum.
    Kind of what you said here...

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    maybe next time do some research before responding...
    And you didn't really ask a question as much as tried to point out how obvious it should be that Colangelo hasn't brought in a veteran big man to show Bargnani team defense when a) he has, and b) it's the assistant coaches job to do that and c) nothing anyone does is going to teach Bargnani something that he hasn't been able to learn in four years in the NBA.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 100 of 528 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •