Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, most players would but if we're going to give the good we should also give the bad and there were some plays while he was guarding Amare that looked really bad. I don't think he could have played much better on offense though.
    Very true, Bargnani will never be a good defender, so his offense has to be like this game (not 40 points, but the way he played) or he is too much of a liability.
    Well he could have, if Triano called a play in those last 2.7 seconds maybe Bargnani could have had a better look, it was areally bad call by Triano.

Comment

• From a personal perspective it was a great night. When I was a kid I could only dream of an italian guy playing in the nba, as a teenager I got esposito and rusconi and they weren't exactly what I wished for, later the bargs/gallo/beli era begun and they gave me 50/50 joy/sorrow...now a 40+ points performance? I'm an happy kid. As an adult and moderately educated basketball fan I have other things to say (about d for example), but I really don't care now, child dreams sorta became reality

Comment

• Bargnani Stat line: November Vs. December So Far...

For discussion:

Nov.
        21 PPG, 5.3 REB, 45% FG PCT, 38% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(4.1 of 5.0 per game), 0.4 AST/TO, 0.5 STL, 0.8 BLK, 3.2 PF

Dec.
        23 PPG, 7.6 REB, 55% FG PCT, 19% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(2.8 of 3.6 per game), 1.2 AST/TO, 0.8 STL, 0.2 BLK, 3.0 PF

Comment

• I think as fans should be pleased, not with the amount, but how he was scoring. This is where the comparison to 'Dirk' comes from. His ability to score from all areas on the floor. His spot up shooting was amazing to watch. I 've never seen him more fluid and in rhythm than last night. If you watched that performance and was not pleased or acknowledged his skill then I am sorry your not a fan. He shot almost 70% yesterday on a combination of pull ups, threes, drive and pop and attacking the basket.

I am hoping that the departure of Bosh will allow Bargs to continue to grow into his own. We don't need him to get 10 boards a game. That point is moot if he can consistently bring a 20+ 7+ 7+ games and he can have a bruiser doing the work a la Evans.

And there seems to be a lot more going on with him. He is more emotional, fist pumping, he is more engaged, demanding the ball and is showing a great confidence level. I think a lot of people are being very short sided with his deficiencies right now because he can still have the opportunity to improve. Just like Dwight Howard how he had ZERO offensive game and now has developed it.

AND

His last three was almost spiritual how he hit that. Nice to see with the clock winding, pressure is on and he pops a three. wow.
          Last edited by imaginelino; Thu Dec 9, 2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• 23 ppg and 7.6 are Dirk standard!
            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
              I think as fans should be pleased, not with the amount, but how he was scoring. This is where the comparison to 'Dirk' comes from. His ability to score from all areas on the floor. His spot up shooting was amazing to watch. I 've never seen him more fluid and in rhythm than last night. If you watched that performance and was not pleased or acknowledged his skill then I am sorry your not a fan. He shot almost 70% yesterday on a combination of pull ups, threes, drive and pop and attacking the basket.

I am hoping that the departure of Bosh will allow Bargs to continue to grow into his own. We don't need him to get 10 boards a game. That point is moot if he can consistently bring a 20+ 7+ 7+ games and he can have a bruiser doing the work a la Evans.

And there seems to be a lot more going on with him. He is more emotional, fist pumping, he is more engaged, demanding the ball and is showing a great confidence level. I think a lot of people are being very short sided with his deficiencies right now because he can still have the opportunity to improve. Just like Dwight Howard how he had ZERO offensive game and now has developed it.

AND

His last three was almost spiritual how he hit that. Nice to see with the clock winding, pressure is on and he pops a three. wow.
              That last three (that he made) was soooo good. You could actually hear everyone in MSG go "awwww shiiiiiiit" when he chucked it up.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

He played very well except for how he guarded Amare.
                Agreed. Actually, Bargs had 0 fouls. A couple of hard fouls on Amar'e would've made him think. Not flagrant but difficult, "you-can't-dance-in-the-paint" fouls.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I would just love to see a few more blocks, but the guy is ballin'.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• It's the beard.

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                      23 ppg and 7.6 are Dirk standard!
                      Not this, though:
                      19% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(2.8 of 3.6 per game), 0.2 BLK

Comment

• Bargs wasn't the primary on Amare all night. He got him a few times on screens and switches but it started with Amir, then Davis and then that Linas at the 4 lineup (which we were getting killed on).

Great game by Bargs. The point total was nice but like someone else said above, it was HOW he was scoring that was nice. I'm hoping he can keep being a force all night every night on at least one end of the floor. For a while it felt like Il Mago's one trick was the ability to disappear. Glad he's figured out it isn't a crowd pleaser.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Minks, I saw Andrea on him a lot in the second half. Jack even commented on how badly he was playing him.

Comment

• It would be excellent to see Bargnani finish the season averaging around 22 to 24 ppg and close to 8 reb, but knowing Bargnani , he's too inconsistent to constantly put up 20 + points. Like I mentioned in another post, he could score 30 points one night and then score 12 the next. It is almost as if he can't have a good game unless he is shooting well. I like the fact that he is relying less on 3 pointers because one thing I couldn't stand was that he didn't get into the paint or drive to the basket, but rather stood behind the 3 point line and waited to take a three, most of which he bricked.

Comment

Minks, I saw Andrea on him a lot in the second half. Jack even commented on how badly he was playing him.
                              Hopefully this demonstration will finally put an end to the "Bargnani should be a 4" debate. His offensive advantages disappear when being guarded by a 4 and his defensive shortcomings are magnified when guarding a 4. He is a 5, a true C. There is no way Bargnani should be tasked with guarding Stoudemire on D, especially when being asked to completely carry the scoring load.

Comment

• He also needs to get to the line more. Vs the Knicks on December 5th, he had no trips to the line and only had 12 points to show for it. Free throws are an easy way to pad your stats, especially for a player like Bargnani who is a good FT shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X