View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 176 of 526 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical nonsensical over analysis. I don't know about you guys, but in all the basketball I have watched I have never seen a player curl around a screen, take a pass, pull out a calculator, plug in some numbers (distance from the hoop, shot trajectory, ball rotation, speed the ball is travelling) prior to shooting.
    Deadallus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote malefax wrote: View Post
    The most interesting thing about this stat is it is a +/- thing that doesn't say Bargs is garbage. basketballvalue also meaures +/- and says Bargs is complete trash.

So we have two +/- measures that totally contradict each other. Which is correct? Dunno.

But right now Bargs is playing hurt, and his defense is better this year than last. So I'm not unhappy with him.
    The reason the two +/- stats differ is because one is a RAW +/-, and the other compensates for ones Crappy Teammates and Better Opponents. Suppose they are both correct... just depends what your definition of correct is.
    They follow their own formulas, and using these formulas spit out 'Correct' results. Whether the formula is flawed is probably the better question.
    And I'm not sure his defense is any better this year over last. At least last year he seemed to enjoy blocking shots. This year he's completely forgotten how!

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The irony in all of this is that numbers are used to justify Barg's or any other player's status. However, good players (the ones that matter to their teams the most) can never be measured by numbers - intangibles such as heart, passion and effort in the truest sense of these words. The only thing we can discuss as far as this player is concerned is just numbers simply because he really has nothing else to offer (or elements of his game that one cannot measure).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    sigh. i'm not simmons' biggest fan by any means, but the dump he took this morning had more basketball acumen in it than you'll ever have, my friend.

i do have one request - go play the game. find a group of guys, pick up a ball, head to a gym, and play. but what i want you to do is focus on the one guy who's just there to jack shots, who doesn't understand their defensive/rebounding responsibilities, and who could give two shits about the concept of team basketball. trust me, there's always at least one...of course, in the almost infinitesimally small chance that you do play, i'm guessing that YOU'RE that guy....which would explain a lot.

Wow..that was clever, that might have been the wittiest thing to ever come out of Halifax. Isn't there a "Sloan" concert you should be at. One day when they install basketball courts in Nova Scotia you should come back and post here.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on Evans for sticking up for his teammate.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Wow..that was clever, that might have been the wittiest thing to ever come out of Halifax. Isn't there a "Sloan" concert you should be at. One day when they install basketball courts in Nova Scotia you should come back and post here.
    no no...THAT was clever. i mean, i know you know that there are basketball courts in NS (you do realize that Halifax hosted the CIS championship for a couple decades, right? and is doing so this year? right?), but the insinuations that we're an ass-backwards part of the country never gets old. hey, i'm proud of where i'm from. i've lived all over this country, but i came back here because i wanted to have a healthier work/life balance, and though at the time we moved back kids were a far-off thought, now that i have a daughter, the fact we live where we do is reassuring. you can mock that if you like, but i'm not sure it does anything but make you look like a close-minded fool. well, MORE of a close-minded fool.

and sloan was/is a good band. not a personal favourite (though 'underwhelmed' is awesome...and kind of fitting for a raptor fan), but pretty good.

now, if you'll excuse me, i have to ski-doo home & prepare our meal of whale blubber.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

no no...THAT was clever. i mean, i know you know that there are basketball courts in NS (you do realize that Halifax hosted the CIS championship for a couple decades, right? and is doing so this year? right?), but the insinuations that we're an ass-backwards part of the country never gets old. hey, i'm proud of where i'm from. i've lived all over this country, but i came back here because i wanted to have a healthier work/life balance, and though at the time we moved back kids were a far-off thought, now that i have a daughter, the fact we live where we do is reassuring. you can mock that if you like, but i'm not sure it does anything but make you look like a close-minded fool. well, MORE of a close-minded fool.

and sloan was/is a good band. not a personal favourite (though 'underwhelmed' is awesome...and kind of fitting for a raptor fan), but pretty good.

now, if you'll excuse me, i have to ski-doo home & prepare our meal of whale blubber.
    what about Thrush Hermit?

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    When Carter left, Bosh was only half way through his second season at the age of 19 years old. Bargnani is 25 years old. See where I'm going with this?
    no actually i dont care to explain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    So what's the excuse going to be for never having developed his defensive skills or rebounding?
    3 more boards / game = top 15 rebounder in nba homie.. then whatchu gonna say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Ahahahah, you called Chris Bosh an ant!
    He wasn't talking about Bosh dude, read before you troll....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    The Magician has disappeared!
    see its magic he just reappeared

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    3 more boards / game = top 15 rebounder in nba homie.. then whatchu gonna say
    Well we can't excess your weird dreams so we're just going to keep reality in check.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    He wasn't talking about Bosh dude, read before you troll....
    wow buddy we get the point, you take everything you read at face value.. your footer is a clear indication

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

sigh. i'm not simmons' biggest fan by any means, but the dump he took this morning had more basketball acumen in it than you'll ever have, my friend.

i do have one request - go play the game. find a group of guys, pick up a ball, head to a gym, and play. but what i want you to do is focus on the one guy who's just there to jack shots, who doesn't understand their defensive/rebounding responsibilities, and who could give two shits about the concept of team basketball. trust me, there's always at least one...of course, in the almost infinitesimally small chance that you do play, i'm guessing that YOU'RE that guy....which would explain a lot.
    I don't know why you respond, anymore. I have Multipaul, Frankthetank and Rapter4Ever on ignore, so I never see their posts, anymore. It makes this forum much, much nicer. I figure anyone who can't have a discussion without throwing in an insult or two if you outargue them has nothing relevant to add to any reasonable discussion.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think he has a lot of offense. Sounds like you don't but I will say this. A mouse casts a shadow over an ant.
    bosh is the mouse broke lopez the ant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't know why you respond, anymore. I have Multipaul, Frankthetank and Rapter4Ever on ignore, so I never see their posts, anymore. It makes this forum much, much nicer. I figure anyone who can't have a discussion without throwing in an insult or two if you outargue them has nothing relevant to add to any reasonable discussion.
    Glass houses eh timbo

Post Thanks / Like

wow buddy we get the point, you take everything you read at face value.. your footer is a clear indication
    Well I can't see your face now can I?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Well I can't see your face now can I?
    Dunkin Derozan is asked if matt can see his face?

"See Face" he says. That's the only reason it can be. I beleive everything I read. Iv got the judgement of a 4 year old, it's just sometimes I pretend to be smart.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

see its magic he just reappeared
    If he could reappear just enough to help his team stop this slide then I'd agree with you..

Thread Information