No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dondadda i was just wondering, do you get high and drunk out of your mind before you watch the raps play? lol..serious not retorical... you really think raps wouldnt have had a better offensive game with bargs playin?! this guy has been lighting it up latley and has finally shown he's capable of playing well down the stretch. if your only mad at the fact that hes not your typical centre who rebounds and blocks shots then u gotta catch up with the new modern bball. its ok to have a 7 footer who shoots.
    you should go yell at bc for not getting a true centre to play along with him and not that shit box amir.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Wow, you know nothing about hoops. go away.

PS way to avoid a legit comment, ie, tell me a better centre.

In your mind, Centres are not allowed to shoot 3s? Wow. Are point guards allowed to block shots? Can shooting guards rebound?
      what was your point with oakley being 'just' a forward? theyre both forward-centers and im pretty sure oakley is a rebounding monster compared by bargs standards. unless you count shooting threes as an essential skill for a center, my point

Comment

Wow, you know nothing about hoops. go away.

PS way to avoid a legit comment, ie, tell me a better centre.

In your mind, Centres are not allowed to shoot 3s? Wow. Are point guards allowed to block shots? Can shooting guards rebound?
        People have already told you that Antonio Davis is the better centre. Davis 1 on 1 would have eaten Andrea's lunch.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          what was your point with oakley being 'just' a forward? theyre both forward-centers and im pretty sure oakley is a rebounding monster compared by bargs standards. unless you count shooting threes as an essential skill for a center, my point
          pretty sure he IS a rebounding monster eh...

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            People have already told you that Antonio Davis is the better centre. Davis 1 on 1 would have eaten Andrea's lunch.
            Dude, I'm talking about the players' skillset while they played for the Raptors. Davis' output as a Raptor was far below Dre's as a Raptor.

Comment

Dude, I'm talking about the players' skillset while they played for the Raptors. Davis' output as a Raptor was far below Dre's as a Raptor.
              While Andrea is the superior offensive player, he's nowhere near the same level in toughness, defense, rebounding and heart/hustle in regards to Davis. I'd vote Davis the better centre 1000 times out of 1000.

Comment

• Could we just rename the thread to "Toronto Raptors: 16 years without a real center"?
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

• TdotTrizzy wrote: View Post
                  dondadda i was just wondering, do you get high and drunk out of your mind before you watch the raps play? lol..serious not retorical... you really think raps wouldnt have had a better offensive game with bargs playin?! this guy has been lighting it up latley and has finally shown he's capable of playing well down the stretch. if your only mad at the fact that hes not your typical centre who rebounds and blocks shots then u gotta catch up with the new modern bball. its ok to have a 7 footer who shoots.
                  you should go yell at bc for not getting a true centre to play along with him and not that shit box amir.
                  dude u need to actually read posts b4 u start ranting..... seems like your the drunk....i said there defence wasnt any worse without bargs.... so were in the hell do u get this shit from....

amir is a PF... not a center......so expecting him to guard C is asking a little much. Bargs is a SG trapped in a C frame...only he couldnt guard his lunch in a room full of kids....

also even in todays NBA every team that makes it deep into the playoffs has a C who plays D & rebounds...the only team that hasnt in recent memory was Pheonix & they have never done well in the playoffs..(except last year) so your modern BBAll comment is pointless....

name 1 team that has a no defence 7ft SG that plays C & goes deep into the playoffs....

ive been saying for years that they need a real C or trade bargs cause were never going to win relying on him to be the defensive stopper...

its so funny when peeps try to go off on rants & they have no idea what there talking about....go crawl back into your cave...

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    What a pretty post.

Bargnani would at least space the floor, bring Boozer or Noah out of the paint on D. Actually score in and outside the paint. Because we have no other scoring options, and our starters were all more than -20 on this game.
                    again i have no issues with bargs offence... its his D that is worthless......although bargs is getting turnover prone.. kinda like bosh was..hes not strong with the ball...& his consistancy is still a major issue...

also on a typical team which is built the proper way the 3pt threat is supposed to be someone other then your C...

if the raps want better spacing then take Weems out of the starting line up... 2slashing SG with no range playing the wing is whats killing us on offence...
                    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Dec 17, 2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Could we just rename the thread to "Toronto Raptors: 16 years without a real center"?
                      we did actually have 1... to bad it was 15years past his prime...Hakeem! LOL

Comment

• I'm going to agree that Bargnani (in the end) will have been the best Centre in the History of the Raptors organization. But there is one name I haven't seen here that I think needs to be in the conversation mix. Kevin Willis. This man left an impression upon me as a solid Raptor player. Great Defender with decent Offensive skill sets. He also played with some of the greats of the game over his incredibly long career (1984 - 2007). And eventually won a ring with San Antonio. Willis is also one of roughly 15 players in NBA history with over 16,000 career points and 11,000 career rebounds. I just felt it was worth a mention.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          again i have no issues with bargs offence... its his D that is worthless......although bargs is getting turnover prone.. kinda like bosh was..hes not strong with the ball...& his consistancy is still a major issue...

also on a typical team which is built the proper way the 3pt threat is supposed to be someone other then your C...

if the raps want better spacing then take Weems out of the starting line up... 2slashing SG with no range playing the wing is whats killing us on offence...
                          Thats because there aren't that many Cs that can shoots 3s and deep 2s like Bargs.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Thats because there aren't that many Cs that can shoots 3s and deep 2s like Bargs.
                            thats because a C is supposed to play inside...& being able to nail an 18ft would be nice...but mainly your C is supposed to be the anchor on D.. Rebound...boxout...block shots.....be vocal...play help D....post up....set picks...get putbacks.. not be the 3pt threat & generally float around on D...

when bargs offence is going i wouldnt mind having him if we had a real center but keeping him at C is making me sick...

i really dont want to see D.Anderson or Pops Mensu Bonsu go off for 40 against bargs...was bad enough seeing Big ben score an easy 24 on him..

Comment

• Matt Maurice wrote: View Post
                              I'm going to agree that Bargnani (in the end) will have been the best Centre in the History of the Raptors organization. But there is one name I haven't seen here that I think needs to be in the conversation mix. Kevin Willis. This man left an impression upon me as a solid Raptor player. Great Defender with decent Offensive skill sets. He also played with some of the greats of the game over his incredibly long career (1984 - 2007). And eventually won a ring with San Antonio. Willis is also one of roughly 15 players in NBA history with over 16,000 career points and 11,000 career rebounds. I just felt it was worth a mention.
                              That's a good mention for sure. He definitely was a different pedigree of player.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                thats because a C is supposed to play inside...& being able to nail an 18ft would be nice...but mainly your C is supposed to be the anchor on D.. Rebound...boxout...block shots.....be vocal...play help D....post up....set picks...get putbacks.. not be the 3pt threat & generally float around on D...

when bargs offence is going i wouldnt mind having him if we had a real center but keeping him at C is making me sick...

i really dont want to see D.Anderson or Pops Mensu Bonsu go off for 40 against bargs...was bad enough seeing Big ben score an easy 24 on him..
                                Like I said in the other thread it wasn't Bargs fault Ben scored 24, we were giving up turnovers left and right that were leading to easy points. Even if someone to blame it'd be more then bargs because he's not the sole defender in the paint. Davis and Amir played too.

Comment

Working...
                                X