No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised this thread isn't closed. It's gonna be such a lightning rod of controversy as the season goes on.

Comment

• I'll give Bargnani the respect due because he had a fantastic game last night. Now he just needs to do it on a consistent basis.

Comment

• All hail the King! The curse of Cleveland is over. Kudos to DD who also ended the curse of Dallas!

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani: 5 years on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJYPDecEnng

Enjoy

Comment

• 32quattro wrote: View Post
            Andrea Bargnani: 5 years on

Enjoy
            Buenitalia

Comment

• Liston wrote: View Post
              I address this today:
              The Pluses and Minuses of +/-
              http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/01/0...nd-minuses-of/
              Indeed. Good read.
              Why is it they don't use the adjusted +/- in game then as well?
              I think it's far more indicative of the way someone played that particular night, as opposed to how everyone else played while they were on the floor.

Comment

• Bargs is a boss

Comment

• 32quattro wrote: View Post
                  Andrea Bargnani: 5 years on

Enjoy

Comment

• Misconceptions About Bargnani's Three Point Shooting

Out of people who have taken at least 100 attempts on the year, Bargnani(36.2% three point efficiency) doesn't even rank in the top 60 for three point percentage. Kevin Love(43.7% three point efficiency) and Matt Bonner(49.5% three point efficiency) are light years ahead of him.

To Andrea's credit however he has been begun walking away from the three point shot steadily as his offense in other areas has been improving:

Percent Volume of Three Point Shots
                    Season 1: 42.9% of field goal attempts
                    Season 2: 36.0% of field goal attempts
                    Season 3: 30.4% of field goal attempts
                    Season 4: 28.4% of field goal attempts
                    Season 5: 19.6% of field goal attempts

Just as a reference, in Dirk Nowitzki's fifth season 22% of his shot attempts were from beyond the arc.

The point of this is that we need to start looking at Bargnani's offense differently. He's no longer a three point chucker. His offense has become far more sophisticated and I think as time goes on the three point shot will become nothing more than a tool to keep defenses honest.

Comment

• bargs is probably the most polished center in the east, offensively speaking... to say otherwise is just blatant bargs-hating

now, if we could only see the same kind of evolution in the rest of his game

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        bargs is probably the most polished center in the east, offensively speaking... to say otherwise is just blatant bargs-hating

now, if we could only see the same kind of evolution in the rest of his game
                        I've had people tell me Howards is better offensively then Bargs. :lol:

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          I've had people tell me Howards is better offensively then Bargs. :lol:
                          i just laughed my coffee out my nose.

Comment

• Andrea is still a very good 3 point shooter so I hope he does not go away from it completely, but his touch around the hoop has improved and with Bosh gone there is more room for him inside the arc.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• But how is he a good three point shooter? His career average is 37.4%, 36.2% this season. People keep saying he's a good three point shooter but the numbers don't back up the statement.

Comment

• How the crap is Kevin Love taking 46% of his shots from beyond the arc while hauling down more than double the number of rebounds that Andrea does? He must run right into the paint after chucking it from 3pt range...

Comment

Working...
                                X