No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Raptor fans recognize Bargs isn't taking many 3pt shots any more. But around the NBA his old reputation still persists. You'll watch a broadcast of the opposing team and they talk about him like he's a 3pt shooter.

Comment

• djsunyc wrote: View Post
      there's probably quite a few folks who thought bargs would struggle w/o bosh on the court this season. but bargs is proving that as the #1 option on this team...he can do it. and the exciting thing is that he's getting better as the season progressess...

look at his #'s from the beginning of the season till now:

ppg/rebs/asts/fg%/3fg%

oct: 21 / 3.5 / 1 / 44.1 / 66.7
      nov: 20.7 / 5.3 / 1.3 / 44.9 / 38
      dec: 21.9 / 6.5 / 2.4 / 50 / 29.7
      jan: 23.8 / 6.8 / 2.5 / 50.7 / 40

for all intent and purposes...this is the only guy opposing coaches have to gameplan for and he's still putting up some pretty damn impressive #'s. he's shooting better, he's passing better and he's rebounding better as the season goes along.

and if you look at the list of 20ppg scorers in the league, only one other player (granger) is not playing with either an elite pg or a 18+ ppg caliber scorer. even kevin love has 20+ ppg scorer beasley on the court with him. maybe derozan develops into one but he's definitely not one now.

imho, i think he has been very impressive this season and has somewhat surpassed my expectations for him. there definitely is a huge improvement from him this season considering his role. now imagine he had an aggressive pg/sg that would give him 2-3 extra easy baskets per game? if derozan keeps up the type of production he's been having the past 3 weeks, then maybe we see even better #'s from bargs...

i'm curious to see how it plays out the final 3 months of the season...
      Welcome DJ! Funny to see you here.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Andrea Bargnani | 21.9 PT | .492 of 17.5 FG | .828 of 4.3 FT | .309 of 3.7 3P | 6.6/1.1 RB | 2.3 AS | 0.7 BL | 0.8 ST | 2.7 TO | 2.5 PF | 35.3 MN | 15/15 GS | (last 15 games)

Andrea Bargnani | 24.2 PT | .500 of 18.2 FG | .830 of 5.3 FT | .410 of 3.9 3P | 6.1/0.9 RB | 2.6 AS | 0.9 BL | 0.9 ST | 2.5 TO | 1.9 PF | 36.3 MN | 10/10 GS | (last 10 games)
        His rebounding has certainly improved since the beginning of the season. It still has a long way to go though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          His rebounding has certainly improved since the beginning of the season. It still has a long way to go though.
          Yeah, the rebs would look alot better 10+ at least. Crazy when you see the REB #'s for dudes like Dwight and Amare. Mind you, those dudes have NO outside game whatsoever, so I will take Andrea's outside and 3 point shooting as a replacement for some of those boards (cue the hatred from RR posters)

Comment

• Kevin Love has taken 18 more three point attempts than Bargnani this season. Kevin Love averages 10 more rebounds per game than Andrea Bargnani. That's (rounded) 16 rebounds per game to 6.
            Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 11, 2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• progression isn't going from 3 boards to 10 boards overnight. i'd like to see more improvement in his rebounding, but i'm perfectly happy that there is any improvement at all.

Comment

Kevin Love has taken 18 more three point attempts than Bargnani this season. Kevin Love averages 10 more rebounds per game than Andrea Bargnani. That's (rounded) 16 rebounds per game to 6.
                Dude can shoot the 3 as well. K Love is a beast man, there is no denying that.

Comment

Most likely because Evans is out.

Comment

Give the guy a break, it's tough to box out the opposing team + Reggie to score a REB

Comment

It certainly has something to do with it but then again that can be said about everyone on the team.

Comment

• Another killer game for King Bargs vs ATL. Looks like DD will need some time to become royalty though

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          Another killer game for King Bargs vs ATL. Looks like DD will need some time to become royalty though
                          Was a good game for sure, he had some big buckets. But when Jerryd Bayless AND Barbosa each grab more rebounds than you, then you know you've got some work to do as well.

Comment

• That is true

Comment

• Bargnani/Nowitzki Comparison (Sam Mitchell Quotes In Post #21)

So I was just looking at some stats and please dont attack me for this posting.

Bargnani's Decembers stats look good, Dirk good.... If you dont see where this is going by now, Im trying to say that Bargs has continued to improove his game and is looking more like "Dirk Jr." with each game.

Here is Barg's stats average for December:
                              rebounds-6.0, Assists- 2.2, Block- 1.6, Points-24.2 in 37.2 mins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=2987

Here is Dirk's average for the season:
                              rebounds-7.5, Assists-2.4, Block-.79 Points-24.1 in 35.4 mins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...g?playerId=609

Now i know Dirk is playing less minutes, shooting a higher fg%, and has more rebounds then Bargnani but not by much. And as always Bargs is continuing to improve. Keep in mind, its his first time being the 1st scoring option and getting alot more double teams. At this point Dirk is a better all around player but it is still early in the year and I expect Bargs to continue improoving throughout the season. IMO Bargs is Dirk Jr. at this point but by the end of the season I expect these numbers to be even more similar. He may never stop being Dirk Jr. but even that is pretty damn good! IMO

Comment

• I think and voted "He's almost there". I really like watch Andrea's game this year.
                                Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                                X