Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    considering this team sticks as it is (maybe with minor changes), next year should be judgement year for andrea.
    this season, he can still get a free pass coz its his 1st season as the focal point of offense. but next year, no more excuses. he knows he should be the leader of this team, carry the scoring and rebounding load, and just be the superstar that this team needs. Personally, i think he can be that leader and superstar, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him.

I think a lesson learned from the Bosh era is, get Andrea the help he needs, straight up, no ifs or buts. We all know the ifs and buts with the Bosh era - O'Neal: "if" he is healthy, Turkoglu: "if" he can coincide with a true PG, "but" if not then change him to a standstill shooter. Jack: not really a true PG "but" he can convince bosh to stay.

Give andrea a true defensive shotblocking center, a create youre own shot wing and a true PG and he'll be happy.

Dirk had all these - Dampier/Chandler, Terry/Howard, Kidd/Nash. Once Andrea gets these then we can start the comparisons.
    ++++++++++++++++++111111111111111111111111111 nuff'said!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      So I guess no one wants to look at advanced statistics. People who say Bargnani is close need to watch A LOT more Dirk. And everyone needs to remember that while Dirk did win MVP, he was also on the team that collapsed to the Heat in the Finals, and then lost in the first round the next season after winning 67 games. In that past ten years, Dallas has been past the second round twice, and lost in the first round 4 times. Maybe Dirk and the Mavericks are not a player and team you want to try and emulate.
      Argh! just shut it go back to your ridiculous Blog !!!!!!!!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        SHouldn't we be trying to figure out who is the best compliment to Ed Davis?
        you really make me puke now!

Comment

• His stats for January are:

25.3 points, 6.5 (1.7 offensive) rebounds, 2.3 assists, 2.3 turnovers, 1.5 blocks, 0.7 steals, 1.5 fouls, 83.3% from the stripe (4.2/5.0), 33.3% from three (1.2/3.5), 50.9% from the field (10.0/19.7) in 37 minutes a night.

A couple things pop out:

1) He has improved in every month this year.
          2) He has been averaging 25 points a game (although only 6 games)
          3) He has started blocking shots again after averaging .4 blocks a game last month.
          4) His assists are equal to his turnovers, the ratio has been improving every month as well.
          5) He only takes 3.5 shots from downtown, out of his 20 shots (22.5 if you count free-throws)

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
            His stats for January are:

25.3 points, 6.5 (1.7 offensive) rebounds, 2.3 assists, 2.3 turnovers, 1.5 blocks, 0.7 steals, 1.5 fouls, 83.3% from the stripe (4.2/5.0), 33.3% from three (1.2/3.5), 50.9% from the field (10.0/19.7) in 37 minutes a night.

A couple things pop out:

1) He has improved in every month this year.
            2) He has been averaging 25 points a game (although only 6 games)
            3) He has started blocking shots again after averaging .4 blocks a game last month.
            4) His assists are equal to his turnovers, the ratio has been improving every month as well.
            5) He only takes 3.5 shots from downtown, out of his 20 shots (22.5 if you count free-throws)
            There really is improvement this year. One thing to keep in mind when comparing this month versus last month is the calf injury. That would probably explain the block improvement.

It is still extremely frustrating to see him watch rebounds go to opponents or miss box outs and then, as showed in the final couple of minutes versus DET, he aggressively grabs some important and contested rebounds on both the offensive and defense end. There is no doubt he is a confident scorer/shooter however it seems he almost doesn't believe he can do it in the other areas and then surprises himself and everyone else. I'm going with this angle because the alternative is he turns it on and off at will - and that would be the worst of all possibilities.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There really is improvement this year. One thing to keep in mind when comparing this month versus last month is the calf injury. That would probably explain the block improvement.

It is still extremely frustrating to see him watch rebounds go to opponents or miss box outs and then, as showed in the final couple of minutes versus DET, he aggressively grabs some important and contested rebounds on both the offensive and defense end. There is no doubt he is a confident scorer/shooter however it seems he almost doesn't believe he can do it in the other areas and then surprises himself and everyone else. I'm going with this angle because the alternative is he turns it on and off at will - and that would be the worst of all possibilities.
              I don't get it either. Some little periods of games he plays defense and he even rebounds, as in he jumps up and grabs the ball down. And for most of the game he just looks like he doesn't try. But at least now we know he can do it, and he's been doing it more and more as the year is going on.

But there are a couple things a really love.

One that he knows what he can do on offense and uses his full repertoire in every game. Now a bad game would be when he scores less than 17 points or so, which he averaged last year which shows how his offense is. He destroys any defense, because he can shoot in so many ways. And he stopped that dumb move he did for 5 years, just inside the three, pumpfake, hop step on the line and long 2.

His passing. He is finding open men. On a couple occasions late he would pass out after the double team and got open looks

And finally he's been pretty clutch. Hitting consecutive jumpers, late threes, attacking the basket late. And his defense is a lot better late in game.

Comment

• djsunyc wrote: View Post
                i hope aldridge is putting up those numbers...he got $80 mil!!!
                His defense rating is 107 a lot better than Bargnani

His PER is at 20.3 and his WS/48 is at 14.1

Bargnani's PER is is 18.1 and WS/48 is .079.

Dirks are 24.8 and .217

I won't mention Win Shares because they are impacted by a teams win and loss record.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't get it either. Some little periods of games he plays defense and he even rebounds, as in he jumps up and grabs the ball down. And for most of the game he just looks like he doesn't try. But at least now we know he can do it, and he's been doing it more and more as the year is going on.

But there are a couple things a really love.

One that he knows what he can do on offense and uses his full repertoire in every game. Now a bad game would be when he scores less than 17 points or so, which he averaged last year which shows how his offense is. He destroys any defense, because he can shoot in so many ways. And he stopped that dumb move he did for 5 years, just inside the three, pumpfake, hop step on the line and long 2.

His passing. He is finding open men. On a couple occasions late he would pass out after the double team and got open looks

And finally he's been pretty clutch. Hitting consecutive jumpers, late threes, attacking the basket late. And his defense is a lot better late in game.
                  Bargnani has a good game on offense though he would have to be a more efficient on offense before I would grade him above B+ on offense.

He still takes too many bad shots.

It is not that bad though by comparison - I would only rate Kobe an A- offense. He can still take over games and make clutch shots but he has way too many bad shooting games to grade him better than that.

The only guy in the league whose offense I would rank as A+ is KD. I would give Lebron and Howard an A though because because Howard's and Lebron's free throw shooting are not that good.

In his prime I would have rated Ray Allen an A+ on offense.

Blake is probably an A- at this point.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jan 15, 2011, 12:15 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• My biggest beef with Bargnani is he can't turn and go left in the post. He always forces it to the middle. If he could incorporate a drop step and finish with the left or a little left handed hook after going middle he would be unstoppable on offence (vice versa for the other side).

Comment

My biggest beef with Bargnani is he can't turn and go left in the post. He always forces it to the middle. If he could incorporate a drop step and finish with the left or a little left handed hook after going middle he would be unstoppable on offence (vice versa for the other side).
                      He does turn left sometimes. But for a fade jumper, I know what you mean. As in post moves towards the left. I noticed it too, he usually goes towards the right and does that really cool one handed 'throw'. Which always seems to go in.

Also, am I the only one that has noticed how many three point plays Bargs has been getting?

Comment

He does turn left sometimes. But for a fade jumper, I know what you mean. As in post moves towards the left. I noticed it too, he usually goes towards the right and does that really cool one handed 'throw'. Which always seems to go in.

Also, am I the only one that has noticed how many three point plays Bargs has been getting?
                        I truly believe if he can go left with his back to the basket and use his left hand, he is unstoppable. I don't mind that shot you are talking about except when he forces it. There have been countless times when he is forcing to the right and the left is totally clear - I mean nobody, not even his own teammates, below foul line extended on the left side. To see how effective a player can be in the post - without any real athletic ability - being able to go left and finish with the left hand see one Luis Scola.

Comment

My biggest beef with Bargnani is he can't turn and go left in the post. He always forces it to the middle. If he could incorporate a drop step and finish with the left or a little left handed hook after going middle he would be unstoppable on offence (vice versa for the other side).
                          Yep. I'd definitely like to see more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hoiduda#p/u/17/P9txPKJZ5jM
                          5:01

Comment

I truly believe if he can go left with his back to the basket and use his left hand, he is unstoppable. I don't mind that shot you are talking about except when he forces it. There have been countless times when he is forcing to the right and the left is totally clear - I mean nobody, not even his own teammates, below foul line extended on the left side. To see how effective a player can be in the post - without any real athletic ability - being able to go left and finish with the left hand see one Luis Scola.
                            Yeah I was thinking Scola too. His post game is scary, how he starts turning and spinning and because he can finish with both hands you can't know what he will do. Bargnani needs to develop his left hand. And if he does, he will also have less turnovers because he will be able to do crossovers better and dribble with both hands.

Comment

• Just for the record

I would rate Dirk's offense as A+
                              Again I would rate Bargnani's offense as B+

B+ is pretty good

I would only put Bosh at A-

So I think that at this point Bargnani's offense is just a bit behind Bosh's offense.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                Just for the record

I would rate Dirk's offense as A+
                                Again I would rate Bargnani's offense as B+

B+ is pretty good

I would only put Bosh at A-

So I think that at this point Bargnani's offense is just a bit behind Bosh's offense.
                                Bargnani's offense is better than Bosh. Bargnani has more moves, can score from 23-5 feet. He hits the mid range extremely consistently now. The only edge Bosh has is deep in the post, but that will soon change. As we are seeing, he is posting on people like Horford. I think Bargnani is a better offensive player, has a lot more in his repertoire.

Comment

Working...
                                X