No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani shoots 47% from the field. This is very good when you consider all the jump shots he's still taking and the pressure he has on him from defenses given that he's the only big time scorer on the team. We're not talking about Antoine Walker here, taking 20 attempts a night and making 40% from the field.

Comment

• Efficiency rating can be misleading when there aren't any other great scorers on your team. I would still want the ball in Bargs hands at the end of the shotclock more than any one else on the team.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Bargnani shoots 47% from the field. This is very good when you consider all the jump shots he's still taking and the pressure he has on him from defenses given that he's the only big time scorer on the team. We're not talking about Antoine Walker here, taking 20 attempts a night and making 40% from the field.
        No one said he shot poorly, but he doesn't score efficiently. He takes nearly 18 shots to score 21 ppg. Last year, Bosh scored 23 ppg on fewer shots. His FTA/FGA ratio is below 30%, which is actually a big improvement over last year, but still quite low for a guy who has the ball as much as he does. The only other players in the top 30 in scoring who are below 30% are Rudy Gay, Michael Beasley and Stephen Jackson, none of whom play for a playoff team.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
          Efficiency rating can be misleading when there aren't any other great scorers on your team. I would still want the ball in Bargs hands at the end of the shotclock more than any one else on the team.
          Bargnani's NEVER been an efficient scorer, even when he was playing beside Bosh. It has nothing to do with his role on the team. Besides, the Raptors actually shoot a high percentage overall. They're third in the league.

And while Bargnani is the best scorer on the Raptors right now, that says more about the rest of the team than it does about him.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Toronto is 12th in scoring. They average 100 PPG. They're no where near a bad offensive team. Their losses are due to their defense, which is currently giving up and atrocious 105 PPG. You theory of dude is posting inflated numbers on a bad team is flawed because the offense is good.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
              DD's defense has cost us many games. It is worse than Bargs. How can you say "there is still hope for DD" on defense? Where does this hope come from? Perhaps this book?:

Have you seen his build? Do you realize he is barely 2 years removed from high school? You know he is 21, right?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Have you seen his build? Do you realize he is barely 2 years removed from high school? You know he is 21, right?
                Ohh...hmmm...ok so...if i guy has a nice ahem...."build"...then he will become a great defender.....so you don't like ummm... andrea's ...uh...build...right?

Comment

Toronto is 12th in scoring. They average 100 PPG. They're no where near a bad offensive team. Their losses are due to their defense, which is currently giving up and atrocious 105 PPG. You theory of dude is posting inflated numbers on a bad team is flawed because the offense is good.
                  Bargnani's offense is obviously not the issue. On a good team, Bargnani isn't going to get the minutes to take the number of shots he does, because he doesn't play defense or rebound the ball. It's the same with Reggie Evans. On a good team, he's not going to get the minutes to average double digits, but it doesn't mean he's not a good rebounder when he's out there. Bargnani is a good scorer when he's on the floor, but if you want to be a good team, you're going to limit his minutes to less than 20 because of him being a liabilities in other areas.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    No one said he shot poorly, but he doesn't score efficiently. He takes nearly 18 shots to score 21 ppg. Last year, Bosh scored 23 ppg on fewer shots.
                    Bargnani is ranked 16th in scoring with a .468 FG%.

14th - Deron Williams, .463 FG%
                    13th - Russell Westbrook, .435 FG%
                    11th - Carmelo Anthony, .433 FG%
                    10th - Kevin Martin, .452 FG%
                    8th - Eric Gordon, .467 FG%
                    7th Derrick Rose, .453 FG%
                    5th - Kobe Bryant, .454 FG%
                    3rd - Monta Ellis, .471 FG%
                    1st - Kevin Durant, .471 FG%

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    His FTA/FGA ratio is below 30%, which is actually a big improvement over last year, but still quite low for a guy who has the ball as much as he does.
                    Actually if you look from 16-30 there are a lot of guys who look similar to him when looking at FGA compared with FTA. I'm not working out the percentages but if you look at the link below we're talking peanuts in difference.

LINK

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani's offense is obviously not the issue. On a good team, Bargnani isn't going to get the minutes to take the number of shots he does, because he doesn't play defense or rebound the ball. It's the same with Reggie Evans. On a good team, he's not going to get the minutes to average double digits, but it doesn't mean he's not a good rebounder when he's out there. Bargnani is a good scorer when he's on the floor, but if you want to be a good team, you're going to limit his minutes to less than 20 because of him being a liabilities in other areas.
                    One could argue that on a really good team he could score even more because he wouldn't draw so much heat on offense and his defensive inadequacies could be shielded by the talent around him. You throw Bargnani in next to Dwight Howard or Joakim Noah or Josh & Al and I'm sure you'd be amazed at his sudden defensive "transformation".
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Bargnani is ranked 16th in scoring with a .468 FG%.

14th - Deron Williams, .463 FG%
                      13th - Russell Westbrook, .435 FG%
                      11th - Carmelo Anthony, .433 FG%
                      10th - Kevin Martin, .452 FG%
                      8th - Eric Gordon, .467 FG%
                      7th Derrick Rose, .453 FG%
                      5th - Kobe Bryant, .454 FG%
                      3rd - Monta Ellis, .471 FG%
                      1st - Kevin Durant, .471 FG%

Actually if you look from 16-30 there are a lot of guys who look similar to him when looking at FGA compared with FTA. I'm not working out the percentages but if you look at the link below we're talking peanuts in difference.

LINK

One could argue that on a really good team he could score even more because he wouldn't draw so much heat on offense and his defensive inadequacies could be shielded by the talent around him. You throw Bargnani in next to Dwight Howard or Joakim Noah or Josh & Al and I'm sure you'd be amazed at his sudden defensive "transformation".
                      Wow, good stats. 16th is very impressive.

Comment

• Bargs is also 14th in the NBA for pts per 48 minutes.

Sidebar- Chris Bosh is 35th

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...=Y&yearsExp=-1

Comment

Ohh...hmmm...ok so...if i guy has a nice ahem...."build"...then he will become a great defender.....so you don't like ummm... andrea's ...uh...build...right?
                          I started to write a thoughtful response that overlooked my perceived childishness of your reply. However, it wouldn't make a difference. I hope at some point you learn to have a discussion about a player, specifically Bargnani, without your opinions/feelings/emotions/love of Bargnani getting in the way.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I started to write a thoughtful response that overlooked my perceived childishness of your reply. However, it wouldn't make a difference. I hope at some point you learn to have a discussion about a player, specifically Bargnani, without your opinions/feelings/emotions/love of Bargnani getting in the way.
                            No Matt, seriously, what do you mean? Demar has a nice build and he is 21, so there is hope that he will be a better defender? I just dont see your logic. CB4 put on a bunch of weight last year, and he still got owned every night, his D did not improve at all. I just dont get what you mean.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani is a good scorer when he's on the floor, but if you want to be a good team, you're going to limit his minutes to less than 20 because of him being a liabilities in other areas.
                              He might not be the main man but the guy would average over 30 minutes for every team in the league if you subtracted a current rotational player.

Somewhere between the love of Bargnani shown by many posters and the hate of Bargnani shown by others lies the reality of his worth as an NBA player and Raptor. I would guess somewhere right in the middle.

Comment

No Matt, seriously, what do you mean? Demar has a nice build and he is 21, so there is hope that he will be a better defender? I just dont see your logic. CB4 put on a bunch of weight last year, and he still got owned every night, his D did not improve at all. I just dont get what you mean.
                                At 21, with a season and a half of NBA experience, and drafted as a project to begin with, DD is still very much figuring out how to play.

Does having an athletic build guarantee he will become a great defender? Absolutely not - but it won't hurt his chances.

If he doesn't learn the game and play smarter, his athleticism will not do anything for him. But again an athletic, stunned basketball player is still better than an unathletic, stunned basketball player.

Comment

Working...
                                X