View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 21 of 527 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #401
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Okay, all this crap about him having a very slight improvement in rebounding per 36 minutes over his career is pissing me off. Situations change, statistics aren't all that matter. Watch him on the court, see how he plays, see how his body changes over the summers. It's all hard work, it all pays off, and we all saw it on the court. Maybe his stats didn't knock us off our feet, maybe his stats didn't improve very much, but as a player, he has improved considerably. From coming into this league as a skinny 220 pound euro guy that could ONLY shoot, to a guy that now weighs over 250 pounds and can actually defend the post against other bigs, and post on them on the offence. He is a guy that averages 1.4 blocks a game on a team that doesn't play offence. He averaged 17 points a game as a second option, which is pretty good actually. If you don't think Bargs has improved since joining this league, wait no. Let me rephrase, if you don't think that Bargs has improved CONSIDERABLY since joining, and has improved every summer, then you really need to get off your computer, and watch him play. Sorry.
    I watched him play all last season and in far too too many games the Raptors were behind when he came out for a rest in the first quarter. Also in the 3rd quarters, there were way too too many games in which the Raptors were outscored when he was on the court.

    Of course that was when he was playing next to Bosh.

    We shall see how it looks this coming season when he is playing next to Davis
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #402
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tim W: Your convoluted ramblings about whether or not his offense is good enough for his lack of rebounding isn't any way to make any point...
    There are PLENTY of reasons to suggest that his productivity will go up more than just marginally but first YOU need to remove your bias predicated on antiquated thinking...
    First, ONCE AGAIN as I stated earlier he's a late bloomer due to his earlier development playing a different style and mentality of bball in Europe...
    Secondly, He is now the #1 option therefore he will get more plays, more shots, more free throws. If he progressed gradually as the #2 or #3 in previous seasons it only makes SENSE that his progression THIS year will reflect a more significant increase...
    Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up. He has added more muscle and continued to work on that aspect of his game during the offseason with an added emphasis that wasn't there when Bosh was still here...
    Regardless of what you "stated on another thread" it's OBVIOUS on this one that you feel he has peaked in his 4th season and that once again is shortsighted thinking...

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up. He has added more muscle and continued to work on that aspect of his game during the offseason with an added emphasis that wasn't there when Bosh was still here...
    See Raptoroo, i know you passionately believe and hope for bargs to have a breakout season, but statements like this are just hope. and Tim is simply pointing out that your belief that bargs will improve to a level where he gets 8-10 rbds has NO EVIDENCE. its a nice thought, but just b/c a player is put into the spotlight is not good enough to warrant the belief that bargs will get better.

    how do you know that now with bosh gone, the other teams top post defenders like howard, noah, bogut, etc. will be covering bargs and making it even more difficult for him to grab a board.

    its not like players think to themselves, oh im only gona play 80% now, but when bosh is gone im gona STEP IT UP TO 100%...

    you also mention how bargs is a late bloomer. well how can you possibly predict that someone is going to be a late bloomer ? only after the fact, can you say yea so n so was a late bloomer ? are you still waiting for kwame brown ? is he a late bloomer too ?

    bargs took 14.5 fg attempts last year. bosh took 16. hedo only took 9. so i think bargs WAS the second option.

    you've also made statements about how jack and the young gunz hang out together and have chemistry, but again that is just HOPE. that is not proof that they will have any chemistry ON THE COURT.

    the only value in joining and reading a forum is that you get ideas and opinions from REALISTIC people. and sadly it seems like you a blind faith raptor fan who cant tolerate sometimes the not so positive aspects of the team.
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Wed Aug 18th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

  4. #404
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    25 ppg - RFLMAO - 18 - 20 ppg will be his max if can stay out of foul trouble enough to play 30 + minutes a game for a full season.

    Saying Johnson will ever average 25 ppg for a season is like saying Jack will someday average 10+ apg.
    Or like saying Bargnani will average 10 rpg, which was my point.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Buddahfan: I think it's safe to say that anyone with half a brain doesn't expect Bargnani to do Bosh numbers this season, but this season won't hinge on one player...This is a new era for the Raps with a new system and philosophy...It's also safe to say that regardless of your abbreviated point of measure Bargs will not go down as the worst rebounding 7 footer. In fact, He will finish his career at a very respectable level...
    i dont think you know what the words "in fact" mean.

    you cant say "in fact" and then make a prediction. lol

  6. #406
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Tim W: Your convoluted ramblings about whether or not his offense is good enough for his lack of rebounding isn't any way to make any point...
    There are PLENTY of reasons to suggest that his productivity will go up more than just marginally but first YOU need to remove your bias predicated on antiquated thinking...
    First, ONCE AGAIN as I stated earlier he's a late bloomer due to his earlier development playing a different style and mentality of bball in Europe...
    Secondly, He is now the #1 option therefore he will get more plays, more shots, more free throws. If he progressed gradually as the #2 or #3 in previous seasons it only makes SENSE that his progression THIS year will reflect a more significant increase...
    Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up. He has added more muscle and continued to work on that aspect of his game during the offseason with an added emphasis that wasn't there when Bosh was still here...
    Regardless of what you "stated on another thread" it's OBVIOUS on this one that you feel he has peaked in his 4th season and that once again is shortsighted thinking...
    vinnie_paz said most of what needs to be said.

    "Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up."

    You also seem to be confused about the word "evidence". Bosh no longer being around and Bargnani's apparent mindset is not evidence he will get between 8-10 rebounds a game. That's like saying the evidence that Amir will get 20 ppg is that he should start and will need to fill the scoring void left by Bosh. That's not evidence. Those are just facts that are unrelated to the original premise.

    And please don't make a claim of something I don't actually believe and then attempt to insult me for this belief I don't even have. I don't believe Bargnani has peaked, have never said as much and in fact have said the opposite. I think he will get slightly better and could very well end up averaging around 20 ppg. I have said that he probably will never become a good defender or rebounder, but that's based on history. There's a difference between improving and changing the type of player you are. Bargnani will most likely remain a pretty good offensive player who is is weak defensively and on the boards. It doesn't mean he's peaked or that he won't improve. It simply means he's not going to magically change into a different player.

  7. #407
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargnani: King Of All Thread Posts

    It seems to me that while Bargnani may not have the most threads opened about him on RaptorsRepublic.com/forum his threads seem to have by far the most comments on them.

    So the question is.

    by next April will Bargnani still hold on to this distinction or will it pass to another player?

    Multiple choices allowed in this poll
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Aug 18th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #408
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some player will be more talked about. Whether it be Demar, Davis, a player that has been traded... etc

  9. #409
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Some player will be more talked about. Whether it be Demar, Davis, a player that has been traded... etc

    What if the Bargnani supporters stuff the post box?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  10. #410
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    What if the Bargnani supporters stuff the post box?
    Hey I'm a Bargnani supporter! But more of a 'realistic' one.

    Actually I want to change my vote, b/c if he has a huge year then the 'blind supporters' will be out in full force, and if he get 6 rpg then the haters will be flooding the place.

    the future is bleak

  11. #411
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think of a paki every time you put who gives a sheet
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  12. #412
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    i think of a paki every time you put who gives a sheet
    I don't get it

  13. #413
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I voted for stupidity. Because it is

  14. #414
    Raptors Republic Rookie Greatkrom420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lethbridge ab
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Has anybody seen that mago search thing on his website?

  15. #415
    Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greater Sudbury, ON
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the Raptors are underachieving heavily nest season, there's no question in my mind that he's the most talked about among us, and the majority of said conjecture will be trade demands. And yes, this...meta-thread about threads is pointless haha.

  16. #416
    Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Goes to show that Bargs is presently the most popular player on the team - for better or worse.

  17. #417
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love Bargs. But I'm not even gonna bother comment on the other thread because what that guy is saying is just ridiculous. And I am one of his biggest fans. As some may know, I have written alot about him

  18. #418
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I love Bargs. But I'm not even gonna bother comment on the other thread because what that guy is saying is just ridiculous. And I am one of his biggest fans. As some may know, I have written alot about him
    Is Bargnani the most popular basketball player in Italy?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  19. #419
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Is Bargnani the most popular basketball player in Italy?
    Yep, HAHA. I love Bargs, hoping he has a great year. I'm so lucky, I've supported the Raps before Bargs came, and they drafted the first ever no.1 euro pick and it was Bargs. That was a great day for me

    p.s I think someone should delete that thread, gettin way out of hand...

  20. #420
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default NBA.com Thinks Bargnani Is Not A Marquee Player

    Raptors

    The high water mark came when Vince Carter's fallaway jumper from the corner rimmed out in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2001. It's been south ever since for the prehistoric ones. All the franchise players eventually left, for different reasons: T-Mac, Vinsanity, Chris Bosh. None could carry the Raptors to the promised land. The club is now on the hunt for another marquee player; Andrea Bargnani, a former first overall pick, doesn't quite fit the mold.
    Source: NBA.com

Page 21 of 527 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •