No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs needs touches and confidence as the key cog in the offense if his franchise plane is ever going to get off the ground. There is no reason he can't contribute as much as Bosh on the offensive end with less efficiency and more versatility towards the end of games. Playing for the Italian team should do both, but the worry is that he will lose his legs in a similar fashion to last season and the long jumpers will stop falling. Being a lesser version than Bosh as a franchise guy isn't ideal, but his supporting cast is exponentially better suited towards succeeding, albeit it might be a year away from translating potential into wins.

All I expect from Bargs next year is to play hard, score 20 points a night and not look lost on defense. If he can consistently rebound that's great, but at this point he is not going to turn into Gerald Wallace and become a monster on the boards overnight.

Hopefully he won't have to carry the burden as 'franchise guy' very long and Derozan will start to share the load. I don't think anyone worries about either guys ability to score, the hope is that they put as much effort into hustling on defense as they do trying to score in transition.

Comment

• More games, more experience the better for Bargs.

He's not going to get any better at help D or game control by sitting at home or working out in a gym.

Also, he's one of the focal points of the Italian team's offense.. which should be quite similar to his Raptor role

Comment

• Bargnani's Best Game In 09/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1MP...eature=related
        "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
        ------------------------------------------
        "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

• I just can't get past that travel at 2:45... haha. Definitely one of the best games of his career though, seemed like everything was working for him.

Comment

• Any one know what kind of stats Barg is putting up at these game ?

Comment

• Face of the franchise now (whether or not you agree he's going to be labeled as such). Hopefully he'll play like this in 10/11.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                ... Andrea is young and nobody on the team is going to be firing their gun as much...
                x2

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Marco is destined to ride the pine. Everything he can do Barbosa and Weems can do better. They're taking up all minutes behind the starting SG lock, DeMar DeRozan. He only comes into play if somebody goes down.
                  You're kidding right. Barbosa and Belly are both streaky shooters for one, Marco is a better passer..Has better handles..But isn't as quick as Barbosa. Weems still can't consistently hit the 3.

Comment

• well yeah it's easy to remember since it was......last summer. he played last summer with the national team as well and you might say what you want, but last year he improved both in scoring and rebounding so for his standards it was not a bad year.
                    I also think that his main problem is help defence. You can only train that by playing competitive games.

Comment

• I think Bargs should keep playing for the national team, even in qualifiers. As others said playing is a good way to improve his team/help D, and other things as well. Also it looks like he really wants to play for Italy and you want to keep him happy as much as possible. Don't forget that these games are really important for the whole italian basketball movement: it's a qualification round for Eurobasket 2011 (which is HUGE here), and Eurobasket is also crucial for a spot in 2012 Olympics.

For more info and stats check fibaeurope.com in the eurobasket section.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        dude, no posting without voting.
                        haha

+1
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• jrdyck wrote: View Post
                          I just can't get past that travel at 2:45... haha. Definitely one of the best games of his career though, seemed like everything was working for him.
                          Yeah i think he traveled twice. As great as this game is, i dont expect to see any of this next season. I mean, the first play he gets 2 offensive boards, he averaged 1 a game this season, and less then 1 over all. Who knows, maybe the Raptors new defence attitude changes all that.

Just a question, would you rather bargnani and his 1 three per game, or a bargnani with 8-10 boards a night.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                            Yeah i think he traveled twice. As great as this game is, i dont expect to see any of this next season. I mean, the first play he gets 2 offensive boards, he averaged 1 a game this season, and less then 1 over all. Who knows, maybe the Raptors new defence attitude changes all that.

Just a question, would you rather bargnani and his 1 three per game, or a bargnani with 8-10 boards a night.
                            He usually hits more then one 3...

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              He usually hits more then one 3...
                              Its about 1.5, thats me doing some shifty math, bring me a number, and answer the question lol.

Comment

• I would rather him playing because he has a very diverse game now, and he needs to finish it off with a post play and grit.

Forum question!

Would you rather bargnani with no three point shooting, but 8-10 boards a game, or three point threat, drawing defenders out.

Comment

Working...
                                X