View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 228 of 526 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    No. No no no no no no no. No. NOOOO! It would be terrible defensively, TERRIBLE. But the T-Wolves would surely be interested in him.

You send Bargs to a team like the Bucks. For something like Mags + their unprotected first rounder, or Gooden + their 2011, 2012 1st rounders.
    Can we then get rid of Maggette or Gooden, because there's no way I'd want them on my team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

AB deserves much better than what he is getting here and next year, Raptor fans will see what they missed and how AB is actually able to play D in the right system and under the right coach.

Best of Luck to AB, I really hope to see him moved sooner rather than later.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Can we then get rid of Maggette or Gooden, because there's no way I'd want them on my team.
    Mags would be expiring in 2 years (including the year we get him). We could easily move him next year. Gooden would be extremely difficult to move, but would be the price we pay for potentially a lottery pick in a strong draft.

I don't want Gooden either. Mags, I could probably deal with...probably. From what fans have said, those 2 years might feel like 4. T_T

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I want them to get a great talent back. I don't want to see them get three pieces. They already have enough question marks with potential to fill the rotation. They need to get back a starter. I'd like to see them take a run at OJ Mayo.
    As much as I like Mayo's scoring ability, I believe Mayo playing SG with DeRozan at SF would be a bad combination. Neither player is good at defending or rebounding.

Not to mention another short offensive-minded SG, Barbosa, is likely to exercise his player option.
    Last edited by Hugmenot; Thu Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

there are 2 things he said I believe 1. he is a power forward, 2. we need coaches that know how to teach team defense, and I will add my own thoughts that I don't think he can play defense period.

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i still cant balev i defended this tool when my friends dissed him ***
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    there are 2 things he said I believe 1. he is a power forward, 2. we need coaches that know how to teach team defense, and I will add my own thoughts that I don't think he can play defense period.
    I wonder what JT & PJ think about that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    "With Eddy D sounding like he's bulking up to play center next season I think that trade I mentioned on the trade board involving a certain someone the Pacers were after at the deadline makes a lot of sense."

APOLLO, I cant recall who they were after, which player are you talking about? Are you talking about Mayo?
    Yeah, Mayo but not straight up.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    He also said "I do things that are more complicated than rebounds and defence" which they edited out of the official videos.
    Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Trollnani does more complicated things than rebound or play defense.
    They uploaded the whole video to Raptors.com and you guys completely took it out of context. What he was saying is that for defense and rebounding all you need is focus and if he can do more complicated things (like being the #1 option on O) than the rest should come easily but it hasn't because he isn't focusing.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Apr 15th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptorsking wrote: View Post
    hmm *looks at team record*

ed davis would probably put up decent rebounding numbers, shoot at a higher percentage, and play or at least try to play defense atop of that offensive production. for arguments sake if your trying to say he puts up the same stats then i would see him in the same light as bargnani
    Ed wouldn't let his game decline in other areas for the sake of his offense. Die hard Bargnani supporters seem to think that a player can't score a lot of point while working hard on defense and on the glass. Meanwhile guys are doing it on winning teams all over the league.

"What I do on offense is more complicated than rebounding or defense."

- andrea bargnani

LOL
    So he's indirectly stating the obvious then. If he can excel on offense and it's far more complicated then the only thing holding him back in rebounding and defense is his own will to do it. Bargnani, pretty much, is a "young Eddy Curry" dilemma. So much talent, so much size that you're almost too scared to give up on him and yet all he cares about is getting his on offense and never seems to take advantage of his God given gifts anywhere that does not involve getting his. Guys like Eddy Curry and Corey Maggette who only care about getting theirs always end up running out of time. Teams put up with their play when they're young because they feel they can change them. Once it becomes obvious that they're not going to change they arrange a marriage between them and the pine. I really hope Bargnani doesn't go this way. If he does, I hope he's not a Raptor when it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    As much as I like Mayo's scoring ability, I believe Mayo playing SG with DeRozan at SF would be a bad combination. Neither player is good at defending or rebounding.

Not to mention another short offensive-minded SG, Barbosa, is likely to exercise his player option.
    Mayo is on record as stating that he's been working on his PG skills. The guy has a better handle than anyone on the Raptors right now and he has all the talent in the world to be a great scorer and facilitator on this club. If the Raptors land a real center in the paint helping out Ed and Amir the need for a SF who rebounds well wouldn't be nearly as high. For the record, DeMar's rebounding and defense greatly improved this season. For a guy who's only been out of high school for three years I think he's doing pretty darn good in both areas. DeRozan's game is more suited to the 3 given his handling ability. All he needs to do this summer is pack on some muscle and he'll do fine at the 3. His defensive woes are overstated. He's only 21. Dwayne Wade for example didn't even enter the league until age 23. Neither did Alex English for that matter.

Besides, the Raptors are not guaranteed to be able to get the PG they want this summer. If they can work a deal that lands Mayo and an interior presence then at least they have a guy to help out in initiating the offense. Mayo can make everybody around him better. He was sensational in his first season but the Grizz have become so deep at the guard spots that he's struggled to get the minutes he got as a rookie and he looks out of rhythm. His game fits in perfectly with what the Raptors want to run.

Barbosa doesn't fit in with the future plans. Don't assume he's finishing his contract here. My money is on him being out of town before the next season starts. Also, he and Mayo aren't the same player. Mayo is a real SG(size) with the ability to play PG. Barbosa is a tweener.

Post Thanks / Like

Mayo is on record as stating that he's been working on his PG skills. The guy has a better handle than anyone on the Raptors right now and he has all the talent in the world to be a great scorer and facilitator on this club. If the Raptors land a real center in the paint helping out Ed and Amir the need for a SF who rebounds well wouldn't be nearly as high. For the record, DeMar's rebounding and defense greatly improved this season. For a guy who's only been out of high school for three years I think he's doing pretty darn good in both areas. DeRozan's game is more suited to the 3 given his handling ability. All he needs to do this summer is pack on some muscle and he'll do fine at the 3. His defensive woes are overstated. He's only 21. Dwayne Wade for example didn't even enter the league until age 23. Neither did Alex English for that matter.

Besides, the Raptors are not guaranteed to be able to get the PG they want this summer. If they can work a deal that lands Mayo and an interior presence then at least they have a guy to help out in initiating the offense. Mayo can make everybody around him better. He was sensational in his first season but the Grizz have become so deep at the guard spots that he's struggled to get the minutes he got as a rookie and he looks out of rhythm. His game fits in perfectly with what the Raptors want to run.

Barbosa doesn't fit in with the future plans. Don't assume he's finishing his contract here. My money is on him being out of town before the next season starts. Also, he and Mayo aren't the same player. Mayo is a real SG(size) with the ability to play PG. Barbosa is a tweener.
    Where did you get that, in over 13 more minutes per game this year DeMar grabbed .9 of a rebound more per game, how is that a great improvement? As for his defense, I fail to see this great improvement you claim is on the record as well, maybe we were watching two different players named DeRozan.....not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like DeMar and feel he will be a solid player for us for years to come, but it just seems funny to me how players abilities, both good and bad get so greatly overstated.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Love/Bargnani would be a good combo. So too would Howard/Bargnani or Noah/Bargnani.

Minnesota is below cap. I'd be happy with their pick and Johnny Flynn or Wesley Johnson. I don't think Rubio will be on the table.

What the Magic have to sell the Raptors don't want.

The Bulls don't have anything too useful to offer for Bargnani and they already have Boozer.

Minnesota make might make more sense than anywhere. Memphis would come second in my opinion. Don't rule out Atlanta either. A shake up is on the horizon there.
    I was acutally thinking more along the lines of their pick and maybe Pecovic and Tolliver. I don't see them wanting to give up Johnson, maybe Flynn but I'm not a huge fan of his game anyways.

If you look at the players projected #1-5 who have declared for the draft I don't know if they fit with what Minnesota is trying to do or based on the recent acquisitions they have made so maybe they would take a flyer on bargs considering this draft has no potential superstars in it?

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubio is on the way and Flynn was being shopped at the deadline. They need to get a starter back for Bargnani. Don't they already have enough bench guys who may or may not go one to be anything more than an end of the rotation bench player? If you're dealing a 25 year old seven footer who's posting 21PPG and can do it all on offense, with the physical tools that look promising for defense under a good coach, you need to get something good in return. He's not the guy you trade away to take out a couple fliers on unknowns. That's my opinion anyway.

I think Bargnani is more valuable on the market than most think. I think if he's trade they're getting far better value for him than they got for Bosh.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not looking at the stats. I'm telling you he looked far more competent on defense and on the glass this year compared to last year. Stats don't always paint the correct picture.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubio is on the way and Flynn was being shopped at the deadline. They need to get a starter back for Bargnani. Don't they already have enough bench guys who may or may not go one to be anything more than an end of the rotation bench player? If you're dealing a 25 year old seven footer who's posting 21PPG and can do it all on offense, with the physical tools that look promising for defense under a good coach, you need to get something good in return. He's not the guy you trade away to take out a couple fliers on unknowns. That's my opinion anyway.

I think Bargnani is more valuable on the market than most think. I think if he's trade they're getting far better value for him than they got for Bosh.
    So why trade him? If the issues lie with Toronto, shouldn't we focus on them (ie. Coach).

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

7-foot tall, 250 lbs Andrea Bargnani rebounding rate: 0.14 rebounds per minute in 35 minutes
    6'3, 185 lbs Stephen Curry rebounding rate: 0.12 rebounds per minute in 33 minutes

edit: didn't know the abbreviation of "shake my head" was starred out.

Post Thanks / Like

I really did not see it on the boards, I thought all year he need to hit the glass better. As for defense, he puts in a decent effort, he just does not know how to play the angles yet, that hurts him big time. We need Alvin Williams to get with him to teach him some of the little things.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    So why trade him? If the issues lie with Toronto, shouldn't we focus on them (ie. Coach).
    I do agree, but I think moving Bargs to fit the system is much easier than moving the system to fit Bargs. Toronto tried that with Bosh and it didn't work. I think the team needs to build a culture/identity and get players that fit into that. It SEEMS they are TRYING to do that and Bargs does seem like the odd man out. I think in the right situation, he could be a 2-3 scoring option or a very strong, high-minutes bench player, but Toronto isn't that fit for him.

A new thread should be "If/when Bargs is traded, will you boo him when he comes back?"

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

edit: didn't know the abbreviation of "shake my head" was starred out.
    for good reason.. there was a overload of it at one point.... from one person... who used it as often as i use periods..

Literally..

Thread Information