View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 244 of 527 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #4861
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    It is all about AB Timmi. Never forget that.Focus on AB pal, this is where we need you
    Just out of interest, why do you guys call my Timmy (or Timmi, in your case) whenever you take the debate personal? I find it humourous because I'm sure it's meant to bug me, or something, but I don't actually care. Several of my friends call me Timmy. Tim Duncan is called Timmy by some of his teammates, so I'm certainly in good company.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #4862
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Just out of interest, why do you guys call my Timmy (or Timmi, in your case) whenever you take the debate personal? I find it humourous because I'm sure it's meant to bug me, or something, but I don't actually care. Several of my friends call me Timmy. Tim Duncan is called Timmy by some of his teammates, so I'm certainly in good company.
    LOOOL, Timmy, why do you think I like to bug you or upset you !! I call you Timmy because I consider you a friend. Your fascinations with AB makes me laugh most of the time. Seeing our struggles and reading post after posts from you about how bad is AB's rebounding and ... is a part of my daily entertainment.

    Timmy, we are all friend here Pal. Don't be so serious.

  3. #4863
    Raptors Republic Rookie WBG416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Parkdale, Toronto
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Just out of interest, why do you guys call my Timmy (or Timmi, in your case) whenever you take the debate personal? I find it humourous because I'm sure it's meant to bug me, or something, but I don't actually care. Several of my friends call me Timmy. Tim Duncan is called Timmy by some of his teammates, so I'm certainly in good company.
    i think its time for you to go by 'timmy'

    aldridge wins..

  4. #4864
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WBG416 wrote: View Post
    i think its time for you to go by 'timmy'

    aldridge wins..
    Good idea. Is there a mod that can change my name, please?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  5. #4865
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haha.. Tim stirring the pot!

  6. #4866
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Both players are the same age, they came into the league at the same time. And both came in as jumpshooting big men. Both players struggled early with a soft label, neither one were strong rebounders.

    This year, through different circumstances, they had to "lead" their team. WHile Aldridge seized the opportunity and became a borderline All-Star, while averaging career highs in scoring AND rebounding, and tying or coming close to career highs in blocks, steals, assists and field goal percentage. He also was able to lead his team to the playoffs despite a lost year from their franchise player.

    Bargnani, on the other hand, had a career scoring year, but saw his rebounding, blocks and field goal percentage dip and by most accounts had a disappointing season while his team finished with the third worst record in the league.

    So if Aldridge was able to step up, why wasn't Bargnani.










    Mods: Feel free to delete this thread. I just thought I'd try and make a point.
    This is not hindsight talking but I loved Aldridge coming out of Texas and was disappointed that he wasn't picked first overall. Loved him then, love him now. I think it's a waste comparing him to Bargnani. I have said this in previous posts but AB's next contract will be in Europe (if he lasts that long in this league). In the end, I foresee a buyout from whomever he's playing for (be it the Raps or some other poor sucker team).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  7. #4867
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Timmi, you make me laugh Pal Seriously, thanks for all your comical entertaining posts. It is hilarious to see how you struggle to understand simple concepts.

    There is no reason to repeat your same posts over and over again. You said it once, it did not make sense and it was unrelated. You copy and pasting it from other thread does not make anymore relevant.

    Everyone here is passed on AB I suggest you do the same. It is not good for your health and this obsession is just making you dumber than you are ( I actually think you are a smart guy).

    the bottom line is this:

    Amir Johnson has all the tools to become a GREAT Center on this league but is just too lazy and reluctant to put in the work. There is no accountability in this organization. A Player can simply deffer what could be his responsibility to others and take the easy road and just collect his money. This is what Amir did. Instead of standing up, taking the Challenge and being a real leader, decided to ask him Papa, to get him a bigger brother so he can help him out while he is in his room making Youtube Video.



    But really, who really cares Timmi ??!! Lets talk about AB and how bad a rebounder and defender he is because you have said it many time, all the raptor's problem start and finish with AB.
    +7

  8. #4868
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    aldrige is a top 5 big in the league... tim keep up the bargnani compliments

  9. #4869
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir is avereging just a freakin' rebound more than Bargnani...doing really not much else !!!! so what he is good at ? defensive ok nothing stellar ...he's a ok player ...I think is tradeable don't you think??? Bargs great scorer can be better on rebounds good one to one defense !!! = better player with a good contract ....wait for a good draft and move on with Bargs on the ship, you improve with your better player not with your ok player!!!!

  10. #4870
    Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footie wrote: View Post
    Amir is avereging just a freakin' rebound more than Bargnani...doing really not much else !!!! so what he is good at ? defensive ok nothing stellar ...he's a ok player ...I think is tradeable don't you think??? Bargs great scorer can be better on rebounds good one to one defense !!! = better player with a good contract ....wait for a good draft and move on with Bargs on the ship, you improve with your better player not with your ok player!!!!
    amir is definitely tradeable but we need the right deal, we can't just trade him for nothing. and you can't compare amirs rebounding to bargs, bargs plays 10 mins more a game. here's the per 36 stats for amir.

    13.4 pts 9 boards

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

  11. #4871
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And the Top Troll of the 2010-11 RR forum is........ Raptor4ever.

  12. #4872
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    This is NOT about their skills, this is about their SIZE.

    Noah=6'11", skinny, play C, put on weight to get stronger
    Amir=6'11", skinny, plays PF, hasn't put on weight stronger

    Amir, why you no put on weight?!?
    Are you quite sure about that link? Red flag....it's in a muscle building mag/site promoting body building supplements like creatine etc. On a further quick google it seems that theory of being an ectomorph have many doubters. The page actually says as well that cardio exercising neutralizes any weight gain. Last I heard basketball is mostly about cardio. So Amir at this stage of his natural evolution is destined to be what he is.Another prime example is Bosh. His last year here he was noticeably bulked and muscled. Must have had something to do with the contract year. No longer with the Heat. He is back to his natural physique/weight it seems.

  13. #4873
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    And the Top Troll of the 2010-11 RR forum is........ Raptor4ever.
    And banned. Another one bites the dust.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  14. #4874
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Just out of interest, why do you guys call my Timmy (or Timmi, in your case) whenever you take the debate personal? I find it humourous because I'm sure it's meant to bug me, or something, but I don't actually care. Several of my friends call me Timmy. Tim Duncan is called Timmy by some of his teammates, so I'm certainly in good company.
    Form of flattery Tim. They feel "close" to you. At this rate we may have a "Timster" pronouncement fairly soon.

  15. #4875
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I used to love the RR forums, but threads like this make me /facepalm hard. I honestly have no idea anymore who's trying to add to the conversation and who's just throwing our garbage to incite a flame war. So I'll just jump right in anyway.

    That anyone would defend Bargnani and attack Amir is pretty mind-blowing. It's really as if most of the posters on these boards don't watch the games, or simply tunnel-vision the ball. I challenge anyone to pick any random game from last year and watch it twice; once while keeping your eyes on Bargs the whole game and once while keeping your eyes on Amir the whole game (assuming it's a game in which Amir was healthy - somehow people forget he was on the court fighting through injuries half the season). Just try it. If you're not convinced that Bargs is a waste of his considerable talent, then you probably don't understand basketball, or professional sport in general, very well.

    Forget contracts, forget stats, just watch the contrast in energy they play with, the contrast in hustle, in focus, in movement on and off the ball. Compare how they set screens, their movement after the screens, how they track a ball after a shot is taken, how they bang for position on and off the ball, how they do or don't take up space, move in response to weakside action, etc etc etc.

    If you actually watch the games for more than just the highlights, there is simply no way in hell you can continue to defend Bargs. After 5 years of watching him play like an apathetic sloth, I really would have thought more people would have caught on by now to just how little he contributes outside of shooting the ball.

  16. #4876
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This issue is a yawner for me. Let me add my two cents in anyway. NO.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  17. #4877
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Playing Bargs at the 3 takes away his one and only useful skill: the ability to create an offensive mismatch by drawing opposing bigs away from the rim. The opponents' strategy for stopping the raps next year would be laughably simple: pack the paint, rebound the ball and walk away with a 20 point win. Bargs can shoot over some other 3s, sure, but he wouldn't be able to drive around them to save his life, which means he would basically be a spot up 3.

    You wanna pay 10 mill a year for a spot up 3 that can't defend, won't rebound, is a black hole on offense and doesn't have the post skills to take advantage of smaller 3s (especially when the Raps don't have other floor spacers around him and the defense could easilly just send a double)? Not me.

  18. #4878
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    I used to love the RR forums, but threads like this make me /facepalm hard. I honestly have no idea anymore who's trying to add to the conversation and who's just throwing our garbage to incite a flame war. So I'll just jump right in anyway.
    I have been hesitant to give warning to Raptor4ever because I did not want to come across as punishing or oppressing someone who has a different view than my own. However, after I logged off last night - just when I thought things could not reach a new low - they did. I banned Raptor4ever this morning after reading through some of the comments which came after Mango gave him a warning. Many people made legitimate comments last night that showed people were frustrated and tired of the abuse of the forum.

    Comments like the one in bold are the driving reason behind the ban. This is a place for intelligent conversation. Differing views are more than welcome - trolling, personal insults on sexuality and intelligence, and comments intended to incite are not welcome.

    There are many other forums where this type of behaviour is condoned. For those wishing to participate in those conversations, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

    To those of you who have endured this and were truly frustrated, thank you. Hopefully we can get back to the quality of discussion that originally attracted me, and I'm sure many of you, to RR.

  19. #4879
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I have been hesitant to give warning to Raptor4ever because I did not want to come across as punishing or oppressing someone who has a different view than my own. However, after I logged off last night - just when I thought things could not reach a new low - they did. I banned Raptor4ever this morning after reading through some of the comments which came after Mango gave him a warning. Many people made legitimate comments last night that showed people were frustrated and tired of the abuse of the forum.

    Comments like the one in bold are the driving reason behind the ban. This is a place for intelligent conversation. Differing views are more than welcome - trolling, personal insults on sexuality and intelligence, and comments intended to incite are not welcome.

    There are many other forums where this type of behaviour is condoned. For those wishing to participate in those conversations, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

    To those of you who have endured this and were truly frustrated, thank you. Hopefully we can get back to the quality of discussion that originally attracted me, and I'm sure many of you, to RR.
    Now I feel kinda bad haha.

    But seriously, much appreciation to you mods for taking your roles seriously. I can't say I've had much interaction with Raptors4ever, but Multipaul is the guy that drove me away in the first place and it kind of smacks of the same problem. Is Multipaul still around? That guy had a special skill for derailing threads with personal attacks and ignoring intelligent argument in favor of 'bargs is king!'statements.

  20. #4880
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Now I feel kinda bad haha.

    But seriously, much appreciation to you mods for taking your roles seriously. I can't say I've had much interaction with Raptors4ever, but Multipaul is the guy that drove me away in the first place and it kind of smacks of the same problem. Is Multipaul still around? That guy had a special skill for derailing threads with personal attacks and ignoring intelligent argument in favor of 'bargs is king!'statements.
    It wasn't your comment specifically, rather the sentiment that became evident.

    Multipaul is no longer around, unfortunately. He was given many warnings but did not pay heed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •