No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Bargnani 26.3 PT | .508 of 19.5 FG | .823 of 6.2 FT | .424 of 3.3 3P | 5.6/0.4 RB 2.0 AS | 0.1 BL | 0.5 ST | 2.2 TO | 2.8 PF | 39.5 MN | 10/10 GS | (last 10 games)

Comment

• Scarsville wrote: View Post
      The raps are not better offensively without andrea.
      I didn't say there were better without him on offense. I just merely pointed out that his worth on offense is overvalued. The crux of my argument lies in the fact that AB's absence or the lack thereof is simply too small a sample size to determine whether it has a negative impact on offense.

Garbage? I was off by 1.6 % in my FGA estimation. Please forgive me my liege.

PS> Now that you compared him to Kobe, I take back everything I wrote.
      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Fri Mar 11, 2011, 05:07 PM.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani 17 PT, 6-12 FG, 4-6 FT, 1-2 3P, 4/2 RB, 1 AS, 0 BL, 0 ST, 2 TO, 0 PF, 38 MN

Bargs is getting healthy.

Comment

• I'm just randomly going to go out on a limb here.....

ANDREA BARGNANI WILL AVERAGE 7-8 REBOUNDS A GAME NEXT YEAR

There I said it.

It just dawned on me. At the end of the day he is solidly built centre and faster than most of his counterparts. There is no way...physically and literally NO WAY, he should not get near the average number of rebounds for a guy playing his position (ie. standing near the rim the whole game).

Theres a million different theories for why he is such a poor rebounder - but there's only one commonality: there is no GOOD REASON why it should continue. Thus, common sense will prevail and whatever the reason actually is, will resolve itself.

Now if you've read closely you'll see I never said he would actually become a better defensive player. I dont know what +1.5 rebounds does for you interms of his actual value to a bball team.

But I am just saying on a purely NUMERICAL BASIS, you will see a number x; where x >= 7.0 under rebounding next to Bargs name on the stat sheet next year (unlike the current number thats there which makes you think you're looking in the wrong stat column or something)

That is all. (I feel better)

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
            I'm just randomly going to go out on a limb here.....

There I said it.

It just dawned on me. At the end of the day he is solidly built centre and faster than most of his counterparts. There is no way...physically and literally NO WAY, he should not get near the average number of rebounds for a guy playing his position (ie. standing near the rim the whole game).

Theres a million different theories for why he is such a poor rebounder - but there's only one commonality: there is no GOOD REASON why it should continue. Thus, common sense will prevail and whatever the reason actually is, will resolve itself.

Now if you've read closely you'll see I never said he would actually become a better defensive player. I dont know what +1.5 rebounds does for you interms of his actual value to a bball team.

But I am just saying on a purely NUMERICAL BASIS, you will see a number x; where x >= 7.0 under rebounding next to Bargs name on the stat sheet next year (unlike the current number thats there which makes you think you're looking in the wrong stat column or something)

Unfortunatley that exact same thing was said at the begining of the season. "bargnani will get 7-8 rebounds" im sorry but its less likely every season now. i tihnk that ship has sailed...

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              Unfortunatley that exact same thing was said at the begining of the season. "bargnani will get 7-8 rebounds" im sorry but its less likely every season now. i tihnk that ship has sailed...
              I would tend to agree. However, everything Ruuuuu said, and has been said every year, is still true. I wonder if there is a coach out there that can tap in to the remaining untapped potential.

Comment

• Who's The Founder's Favorite Player?

John Bitove, the sports nut and satellite radio mega-mogul, is merging Sirius Canada and XM Canada.
                I have the basketball from opening tip-off of the Raptors’ very first game, in 1995. I founded the franchise because basketball is my true passion. I played all through high school. I still go to a lot of games; my favourite player is Andrea Bargnani.
                Source: TorontoLife.ca

Comment

• Random thoughts...

You know I was just thinking. Luol Deng is a prime example of someone a team tried to build around and failed, yet he's still with that team today but now in a #3 role; a contending team to be exact. Maybe there's hope for the Raptors if they don't deal Bargnani? Sure, if you can point them in the direction of the next Derick Rose.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    You know I was just thinking. Luol Deng is a prime example of someone a team tried to build around and failed, yet he's still with that team today but now in a #3 role; a contending team to be exact. Maybe there's hope for the Raptors if they don't deal Bargnani? Sure, if you can point them in the direction of the next Derick Rose.
                    Kemba

Comment

• He is certainly is one of the most exciting players headed for the draft.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I would tend to agree. However, everything Ruuuuu said, and has been said every year, is still true. I wonder if there is a coach out there that can tap in to the remaining untapped potential.
                        I am going to look to put money on it going into next season (with online gambling, you can basically put a bet on anything).

Every other 7ft mofo that stands by the rim the whole game grabs at least 7 rebs/36 mins a game no matter how slow/fat/dumb.

I am betting that this annomaly (that is Bargs' whole career in a nutshell) reverts back to the mean.

Comment

There I said it.

What do you mean there's no good reason he won't average 7-8 rebounds a game next year? He's averaged about the same amount of rebounds per minute since his rookie season. Why on earth would that suddenly jump? And that jump would be, at the very least, a 27% jump in his rebounding numbers! And that's just to get to 7. And that's for a guy who has averaged between 5.5 and 6.3 rebounds per 36 minutes his entire career. Logically (and realistically) there is no reason that next year is going to be any different from the previous 5 seasons.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't recall them ever trying to build around Luol Deng. He was just one of the many good players they had on their team. And the big difference is that Deng isn't a liability half of the time he's on the floor. His game is more suited to be a role player because he can do all the little things role players need to do, like play defense. Deng is a very good player. He's just not a great player. And he doesn't really have any great weaknesses, he just doesn't have any overwhelming skills. Bargnani has one great skill, and the rest are below average.

I fail to see any similarities between Deng and Bargnani.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              This reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Lisa is doing some experiment where she rigs some food to shock whoever tries to take it. Homer keeps trying, expecting a different result each time, but keeps getting shocked.

I'm sorry, but if you're expecting a different result after five years, you're just a Homer.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

There I said it. \
                                How did you come to that estimate? It can't be based on his utter lack of improvement in that category this season... He's actually slightly regressed in that area. I guess he's been saving a little more energy for those extra shots he's been taking.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                I don't recall them ever trying to build around Luol Deng. He was just one of the many good players they had on their team. And the big difference is that Deng isn't a liability half of the time he's on the floor. His game is more suited to be a role player because he can do all the little things role players need to do, like play defense. Deng is a very good player. He's just not a great player. And he doesn't really have any great weaknesses, he just doesn't have any overwhelming skills. Bargnani has one great skill, and the rest are below average.

I fail to see any similarities between Deng and Bargnani.
                                They were trying to build around Deng like the Raptors are around Bargnani. Neither is the main focus but both are/were a focus point. The parallel is there and I think you've totally missed the boat on Bargnani in your assessment by the way. Bargnani does a bunch of things very well, not just one, they just all happen to be offensive focused. "Offense" isn't a skill, it's a group of skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X