Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    It's simply that you do not see his deficiencies at all based upon your repeated posts. I say you have blinders on because you think he puts forward effort every game, and if he doesn't he must be ill or injured. Many professional players play ill or injured, but still put forth an effort. You deny Bargnani has a deficiency here so I say you have blinders on.

Tim, take a breath, these kids are going to give you a coronary.
    Maleko

I disagree with you. I think it takes alot of effort to score 20+ pts in the NBA , with high level defenders double teaming you night in and night out.

Do you think that is easy? How about doing that while injured, and being expected to carry a team. I love your comment "many professional players play ill or injured but still put forth effort"

Unless you play or have played in the NBA, alot of what you say is pointless fodder designed to make ppl feel bad for liking Bargs.

Comment

• Here are your answers:

1. Why do you criticize DeRozan's defense but give a pass to Bargnani's poor defense?

I didn't criticize it, more point out that it is not good, and not up to the level it should be. I never said Bargs is a great defender.

2. Why do you criticize DeRozan for not driving more to the hoop when he, in fact, drives more than Bargnani does?

I dont think you are correct here

3. You have questioned my loyalty to the Raptors and called me a hater for being critical of Bargnani, but you, yourself, admitted that you have never liked Bosh. Don't you feel that's hypocritical?

I am not. Bosh did very detrimental things to the team and to the city. He ruined this club, and tricked MLSE, GM, coach, etc. Ask BC, Triano, etc, how they feel about Bosh. I know you are a perennial Bosh lover, so I will say no more on this.

4. Why did you claim that Bargnani averaged 6.5 rpg and 2 bpg since January 1st, when he's actually averaged 5 rpg and 0.7 bpg? Where did you get the incorrect information and why did you not respond when it was brought to your attention?

That info was from Raptors Republic

5. Why have you been so critical of Amir, yet continually laud Wayne Winston's mathletics, which show he's just as valuable as Bargnani to the Raptors?

Amir has lost us many games due to repeated fouling, turnovers, etc in clutch situations. He has a low basketball IQ which jeopardizes our capacity to win on many nights. How did you like his stat line last night? PWNED

6. Why do you not accept subpar games from, for example, Amir Johnson when he is playing injured, but excuse Bargnani for subpar games for exactly the same reason?

If someone is injured and playing through it, I have NEVER criticized them.

7. Why are you so critical of DeRozan for not raising his game when Bargnani is out when Bargnani had lower stats across the board in games last year that Bosh was out?

Dero has been a starting 2 since day 1. He should be better. Bosh was lucky to have Bargs. Right now there is no one other than Bargs that can get you a guaranteed 20+ pts per game.

I don't expect you to "cease criticizing me"- that statement alone validates what I said about you. You hate Bargs and you hate his fans. I don't call you an all out "hater", since you obviously love trying to get under peoples skin and be confrontational.

More than likely you will get your wish, BC and Bargs will be gone, and I expect next year you have little to no contributions to this site until you find a new person and their fanbase to hate. I'm betting it will be whomever we draft. Tim W- "Kemba sucks", "Kyrie sucks", etc

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Maleko

I disagree with you. I think it takes alot of effort to score 20+ pts in the NBA , with high level defenders double teaming you night in and night out.

Do you think that is easy? How about doing that while injured, and being expected to carry a team. I love your comment "many professional players play ill or injured but still put forth effort"

Unless you play or have played in the NBA, alot of what you say is pointless fodder designed to make ppl feel bad for liking Bargs.
        Sure it takes effort to score, and I do not deny that Bargnani seems to put in effort on shooting. He does not put in effort (save for a handful of games a year) for rebounding, running, defending, all integral parts of playing a game of basketball in the NBA. By the way Bargs is not double teamed on his 3pt shots, or his 15 footers.

Sorry to make you feel bad. Don't cry man.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote:
          Judging from the way you talk about hoops, I don't think you have ever played. I'll give you a pass. I don't need to justify my arguments to you. Watch some more hoops and you will learn something. Educated opinions hold alot more weight, FYI.
          That's a pretty weak rebuttal.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            You would prefer what? That I disagree with his analysis of how much "effort" a player puts in?

There is not point in me arguing over and over again with someone. We just disagree, and I think that Maleko's comments show a lack of understanding of hoops.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote:
              Judging from the way you talk about hoops, I don't think you have ever played. I'll give you a pass. I don't need to justify my arguments to you. Watch some more hoops and you will learn something. Educated opinions hold alot more weight, FYI.
              Really? Who do you think you are?

Comment

• Multipaul wrote:
                By the way yes I did play hoops, PG in fact. Have probably been watching and playing longer than you have been alive son, and you are right you do not need to justify your statements, but they are not arguments. You do not accept facts and stats, and you have rebuttals with slings and conjecture when stats and facts are presented to you.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Yup.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  Really? Who do you think you are?
                  Batman

Comment

By the way yes I did play hoops, PG in fact. Have probably been watching and playing longer than you have been alive son, and you are right you do not need to justify your statements, but they are not arguments. You do not accept facts and stats, and you have rebuttals with slings and conjecture when stats and facts are presented to you.

Yup.
                    Listen, I dont want to argue with you, and perhaps my comment to you was too harsh. Sorry. I just know that you and I will never agree on this point, so why argue about it, know what i mean?

Comment

Listen, I dont want to argue with you, and perhaps my comment to you was too harsh. Sorry. I just know that you and I will never agree on this point, so why argue about it, know what i mean?
                      Agreed.

Comment

Agreed.
                        I deleted my earlier post to you, that was too harsh. Sorry about that.

Comment

You would prefer what? That I disagree with his analysis of how much "effort" a player puts in?

There is not point in me arguing over and over again with someone. We just disagree, and I think that Maleko's comments show a lack of understanding of hoops.
                          Argue it at least. Don't just say some BS like " you must not have played ball". Unless the statement the person has made a real outlandish statement, then comments like the one you made is just fodder, it's pointless. If you think he makes a real effort, then say how he does. Maybe on offense he makes an effort but sweet fancy moses, on defense, the kid's invisible. He's always caught out of position. And there's no effort on his part to rebound. There's no pride on defense. He appears to let guys go around him at will. It's like el matador defense, and for a guy that's 7 feet, he should be a MUCH better rebounder than he is. He should be grabbing at least 7 boards per. At least.

I don't understand how his comments show a lack of understand of hoops. I understood him perfectly. At this point, you're just being a instigator.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Argue it at least. Don't just say some BS like " you must not have played ball". Unless the statement the person has made a real outlandish statement, then comments like the one you made is just fodder, it's pointless. If you think he makes a real effort, then say how he does. Maybe on offense he makes an effort but sweet fancy moses, on defense, the kid's invisible. He's always caught out of position. And there's no effort on his part to rebound. There's no pride on defense. He appears to let guys go around him at will. It's like el matador defense, and for a guy that's 7 feet, he should be a MUCH better rebounder than he is. He should be grabbing at least 7 boards per. At least.

I don't understand how his comments show a lack of understand of hoops. I understood him perfectly. At this point, you're just being a instigator.
                            Alright.....

I think when people are evaluating someones "effort" , it is a completely subjective concept. It's like saying "that chick is hotter than that other chick" and your friend disagrees with you.

You can't throw stats on effort, I personally think Bargs puts in a decent effort every night. But how can I prove that? I mean, you guys say he doesnt put in an effort when he grabs 22 pts and 3 boards. But Amir scores like 5 pts and 2 boards and that's effort?

The truth is you all take 20pts per game as if it was nothing. No effort required. Therefore I cannot argue within the framework of your paradigm of logic, which has been applied with one norm exclusively on bargs, and with another standard to other players.

If DD scores 13 pts and 2 rebs, you would say he put in a good effort. bargs gets 25 pts and 5 boards and you say "no effort, no heart, no driver". It is completely paradoxical.

Henceforth, there is no point in arguing these ephemoral concepts with anyone.

Arguing effort is like arguing "hotness", "coolness", "how funny someone is".

Numbers tell the story, 20+ ppg takes one thing- EFFORT

Comment

• more importantly, how hot was the chick?

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                more importantly, how hot was the chick?
                                *perks up*

Where's the hawt chick?
                                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Working...
                                X