No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what team do you think would be most interested in Bargnani's services???

Comment

• kings

Comment

• Kings, Hornets, Bucks, Magic, Spurs, Warriors, Nets, Suns, Clippers...a lot of teams. What's more concering is what they would actually offer for him. He's the type of player that can start a bidding war though.

Comment

• It's got to be hard to be a Bargnani fan about now. Real hard.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
            Kings, Hornets, Bucks, Magic, Spurs, Warriors, Nets, Suns, Clippers...a lot of teams. What's more concering is what they would actually offer for him. He's the type of player that can start a bidding war though.
            I'd add the T-Wolves and Knicks but take out the Spurs. The Spurs don't take chances on guys like Bargnani who don't play defense or rebound. Never have. Defense is too much of a foundation of the team, hence their success.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I'd say most likely Kings, T-Wolves, Hornets, Warriors, Nets, or Clippers...Suns have Gortat, Magic probably won't want him, Bucks already have Bogut.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Portland might be interested in him, if they decide not to re-sign Greg Oden.

Comment

• I could see the Spurs throwing a really, really, really low ball offer for Bargnani.

Also the whole but-he-might-flourish-on-another-team-so-we-should-keep-him argument is a horrible reason for keeping a player.

Comment

• Tiago Splitter would be awesome on this team
                  WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                  I could see the Spurs throwing a really, really, really low ball offer for Bargnani.

Also the whole but-he-might-flourish-on-another-team-so-we-should-keep-him argument is a horrible reason for keeping a player.

Comment

• From the Amir thread...

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    The thing is, Bargnani is no Dirk Nowitzki, so already you're a poor copy of a plan that has actually had some mixed results. While Dallas has been to the Finals and had a lot of success, they've also been one of the most underachieving teams in the playoffs in the last ten years. 4 out of the last 7 years, despite winning an average of 57 games a year, Dallas has lost in the first round. That's the problem with teams that are not great defensively. They do great in the regular season but too often underachieve in the playoffs.

Again, I really don't see the point in jumping through hoops to try and make Bargnani work because he's simply not that good. If he was a perennial All-Star, like Dirk or Chris Bosh, I can see trying to make it work. But Bargnani isn't even an All-Star. Why go to so much trouble. Just trade the guy and let someone else deal with the problem.
                    This should really be posted on another forum probably, but im going to ask you in what way do you think we can trade him that is going to improve the team in a way, that using our financial flexibility and organic growth (and pick) cant.

You're right Dallas hasnt won a championship ... but I think that if we were able to achieve the success that they have had, we would be on the right track.

I agree defense wins championships, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
                    I think trading Bargnani has two effects. The first is starting to change the atmosphere of the team. Much like when Colangelo came in and brought in guys who were used to winning, like Anthony Parker, Garbajosa and Nesterovic, trading Bargnani will allow the team to turn the page on their horrible defensive reputation. He's not the sole reason, but ridding him of the team is a major step in the right direction.

Secondly, you hopefully get either a young prospect of hopefully lottery pick in return. The financial flexibility is probably the last thing they need to worry about since there's little they can do with it, anyway.

And while Dallas is certainly a successful team, are they really team you want to model yourself after? Especially since your "Dirk" is a very pale imitation of him.

The saying the best defense is a good offense has nothing to do with basketball. The best defense is actually a good defense. Always has been and probably always will be. Offensive teams have historically been far better in the regular season than in the playoffs. Defense has always been the foundation of Championship teams. Right through the ages. I'm all for trying new things, but there's a difference between being innovative and ignoring history and common sense.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Tiago Splitter would be awesome on this team
                      I think the Spurs would probably rather keep Splitter.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Chisolm is a bit late to the party. Many on RR has been advocating this for at least 6 mos. now.
                        I'd be more inclined to say a certain vocal portion of RR have advocated a trade. Many implies majority - which might be presumptuous in its' finality.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          It's got to be hard to be a Bargnani fan about now. Real hard.
                          Actually .... it's hard to be a Raptor fan

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            From the Amir thread...

I think trading Bargnani has two effects. The first is starting to change the atmosphere of the team. Much like when Colangelo came in and brought in guys who were used to winning, like Anthony Parker, Garbajosa and Nesterovic, trading Bargnani will allow the team to turn the page on their horrible defensive reputation. He's not the sole reason, but ridding him of the team is a major step in the right direction.

Secondly, you hopefully get either a young prospect of hopefully lottery pick in return. The financial flexibility is probably the last thing they need to worry about since there's little they can do with it, anyway.

And while Dallas is certainly a successful team, are they really team you want to model yourself after? Especially since your "Dirk" is a very pale imitation of him.

The saying the best defense is a good offense has nothing to do with basketball. The best defense is actually a good defense. Always has been and probably always will be. Offensive teams have historically been far better in the regular season than in the playoffs. Defense has always been the foundation of Championship teams. Right through the ages. I'm all for trying new things, but there's a difference between being innovative and ignoring history and common sense.
                            I think that defensively the two most crucial positions that need to be solid for a team are PG and C. The point of attack, not allowing penetration and forcing the help defense to react, and then protecting the basket. A team like Orlando, everyone thought Hedo Turkoglu was a good defender, but it turns out he was only a good defender because Dwight Howard was the last line of defense, and he is the best defensive player in the league. So if we can address those two issues the raptors can have their defense improved.

As for changing the identity or atmosphere of the team, I think trading Calderon who had a good season statistically and may have decent trade value atm would be better, we have bayless to replace him who is definately a better defender. If we can address the C position and fill that hole with a solid, imposing, shot blocking big, if we have sorted out our PG problem we can definately be a better defensive team and still keep Bargnani.

Now if trading Bargnani means that we can address some of these issues than im all for it, but if these issues can be addressed through free agency which we have tons of cap room for, and this season happens to be a good offseason for C's (Nene, Chandler, Gasol all free agents) then their is no need to trade him.

If however we cannot get a solid C, and I dont mean draft one, Im not in the camp of waiting 2-3 years to make the playoffs, a team needs a healthy balance between veterans and young guns, I want an experienced veteran C if that cant be obtained through free agency, then trading Bargnani should be our only option. If that isnt the case however I make the argument that we keep him, use our financial flexibility to address our issues, and keep a very dynamic scorer who I think is signed to a reasonable contract.
                            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                              I'd be more inclined to say a certain vocal portion of RR have advocated a trade. Many implies majority - which might be presumptuous in its' finality.

Many implies a large number. It doesn't imply a majority. And I'd say a large number of RR posters have been advocating a Bargnani trade.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                                "What I do on offense is more complicated than rebounding or defense."

- andrea bargnani

LOL
                                Like I said in the other thread that is taken out of context. What he trying to say is that what he does is on offense is more complicated (like being the #1 option) so he should get rebounding and D because that is mainly focus... but he doesn't. He's pretty much saying that he can do it but he need to focus more on that side of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X