No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This issue is a yawner for me. Let me add my two cents in anyway. NO.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Playing Bargs at the 3 takes away his one and only useful skill: the ability to create an offensive mismatch by drawing opposing bigs away from the rim. The opponents' strategy for stopping the raps next year would be laughably simple: pack the paint, rebound the ball and walk away with a 20 point win. Bargs can shoot over some other 3s, sure, but he wouldn't be able to drive around them to save his life, which means he would basically be a spot up 3.

You wanna pay 10 mill a year for a spot up 3 that can't defend, won't rebound, is a black hole on offense and doesn't have the post skills to take advantage of smaller 3s (especially when the Raps don't have other floor spacers around him and the defense could easilly just send a double)? Not me.

Comment

• Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
        I used to love the RR forums, but threads like this make me /facepalm hard. I honestly have no idea anymore who's trying to add to the conversation and who's just throwing our garbage to incite a flame war. So I'll just jump right in anyway.
        I have been hesitant to give warning to Raptor4ever because I did not want to come across as punishing or oppressing someone who has a different view than my own. However, after I logged off last night - just when I thought things could not reach a new low - they did. I banned Raptor4ever this morning after reading through some of the comments which came after Mango gave him a warning. Many people made legitimate comments last night that showed people were frustrated and tired of the abuse of the forum.

Comments like the one in bold are the driving reason behind the ban. This is a place for intelligent conversation. Differing views are more than welcome - trolling, personal insults on sexuality and intelligence, and comments intended to incite are not welcome.

There are many other forums where this type of behaviour is condoned. For those wishing to participate in those conversations, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

To those of you who have endured this and were truly frustrated, thank you. Hopefully we can get back to the quality of discussion that originally attracted me, and I'm sure many of you, to RR.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I have been hesitant to give warning to Raptor4ever because I did not want to come across as punishing or oppressing someone who has a different view than my own. However, after I logged off last night - just when I thought things could not reach a new low - they did. I banned Raptor4ever this morning after reading through some of the comments which came after Mango gave him a warning. Many people made legitimate comments last night that showed people were frustrated and tired of the abuse of the forum.

Comments like the one in bold are the driving reason behind the ban. This is a place for intelligent conversation. Differing views are more than welcome - trolling, personal insults on sexuality and intelligence, and comments intended to incite are not welcome.

There are many other forums where this type of behaviour is condoned. For those wishing to participate in those conversations, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere.

To those of you who have endured this and were truly frustrated, thank you. Hopefully we can get back to the quality of discussion that originally attracted me, and I'm sure many of you, to RR.
          Now I feel kinda bad haha.

But seriously, much appreciation to you mods for taking your roles seriously. I can't say I've had much interaction with Raptors4ever, but Multipaul is the guy that drove me away in the first place and it kind of smacks of the same problem. Is Multipaul still around? That guy had a special skill for derailing threads with personal attacks and ignoring intelligent argument in favor of 'bargs is king!'statements.

Comment

• Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
            Now I feel kinda bad haha.

But seriously, much appreciation to you mods for taking your roles seriously. I can't say I've had much interaction with Raptors4ever, but Multipaul is the guy that drove me away in the first place and it kind of smacks of the same problem. Is Multipaul still around? That guy had a special skill for derailing threads with personal attacks and ignoring intelligent argument in favor of 'bargs is king!'statements.
            It wasn't your comment specifically, rather the sentiment that became evident.

Multipaul is no longer around, unfortunately. He was given many warnings but did not pay heed.

Comment

Multipaul is no longer around, unfortunately. He was given many warnings but did not pay heed.
              Multipaul has a whole lot more time on his hands now.

Comment

• footie wrote: View Post
                Amir is avereging just a freakin' rebound more than Bargnani...doing really not much else !!!! so what he is good at ? defensive ok nothing stellar ...he's a ok player ...I think is tradeable don't you think??? Bargs great scorer can be better on rebounds good one to one defense !!! = better player with a good contract ....wait for a good draft and move on with Bargs on the ship, you improve with your better player not with your ok player!!!!
                Amir averaged a rebound more.....IN 10 MINUTES LESS A GAME!!!! And he's an above average rebounder, one of the team's best defensive players and one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. Despite Bargnani being able to score, I'd say there are legitimate questions whether Bargnani is better than Amir. Amir has a higher PER, has a better offensive rating, defensive rating, is one of the only players on the Raptors with a positive net production and has the highest on/off court ratio. Bargnani, on the other hand, is consistently out produced by his opponent and has a negative on/off court ratio. Bargnani is a very good scorer (not great, but very good- he couldn't average more than 21 ppg despite taking 18 shots per game?) but he's literally below average in every single other aspect of the game, including man defense. You may not like to hear that, but the evidence is incredibly overwhelming in favour of my argument.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• also keep in mind amir's per 36 stats are 13 pts 9 rbs.

Comment

• when you get banned does your IP get banned or your username???
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• ya i just called up my boy amir. He told me he's 8'10" and 600 pounds. Calm down guys why don't u guys just admit that we don't know his real height and end it at that.

Comment

how long did that guy get banned?

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                          how long did that guy get banned?
                          e2thed wrote: View Post
                          when you get banned does your IP get banned or your username???
                          I think what these guys are trying to say is "Nobody likes him and we'd all prefer it if he wasn't allowed back in the community."
                          I've got him on Ignore though so its like he's perma-banned from where I'm sitting.

Comment

• I thought we created the everything Bargnani sticky so we wouldn't have to keep seeing these Bargnani threads everyday. I swear most of these threads are created for the sole purpose to stir up shit. How many different ways can it be said that Bargnani can't rebound or play defense or play with perceived intensity. New and novel ways to stir up the same crap keep appearing - this time in comparison to Aldridge.

While I'm not saying to stop talking about Bargs, but can we please keep it to the Bargs sticky? Looking at endless threads about the guy popping up several times a day is getting pathetic.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I think what these guys are trying to say is "Nobody likes him and we'd all prefer it if he wasn't allowed back in the community."
                              I've got him on Ignore though so its like he's perma-banned from where I'm sitting.
                              Unfortunately we can still see that their posts are there, and their quotes. I wish "ignore" completely deleted any sign of their existence.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                                I thought we created the everything Bargnani sticky so we wouldn't have to keep seeing these Bargnani threads everyday. I swear most of these threads are created for the sole purpose to stir up shit. How many different ways can it be said that Bargnani can't rebound or play defense or play with perceived intensity. New and novel ways to stir up the same crap keep appearing - this time in comparison to Aldridge.

While I'm not saying to stop talking about Bargs, but can we please keep it to the Bargs sticky? Looking at endless threads about the guy popping up several times a day is getting pathetic.
                                I will fully admit that I started this thread really to make a point to a certain poster, which is why I suggested to the mods they delete it. It was really not meant to be an actual argument. I apologize to those who were annoyed by it. Well, other than the poster it was directed to, who is now gone, anyway.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X