View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 359 of 528 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #7161
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Versatility of Andrea Bargnani in Pick and Rolls

    Since this is the Everything Bargnani thread... Awesome analysis by Sebastian Pruiti. Speaks to the basketball IQ of these guys...

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ndrea-bargnani
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  2. #7162
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was talking about Bargnani scoring big against a small Faried.

  3. #7163
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    I was talking about Bargnani scoring big against a small Faried.
    Doesn't change the fact that your terribly wrong about bargs. Ask anyone here, his defense has been great this season one game doesn't prove anything

  4. #7164
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that your terribly wrong about bargs. Ask anyone here, his defense has been great this season one game doesn't prove anything
    His defense has been great for what were use to from barney but he has struggle since his been back on both sides of the ball.

  5. #7165
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    I was talking about Bargnani scoring big against a small Faried.
    I have no problem with criticism of Bargnani, but please watch the games and pay attention or don't leave out parts not matching your opinion. It's getting old in this thread.

    Now when you rewatch the game try to make notes on who defends Bargnani on every possession he scores and not just the possessions that support your argument.

  6. #7166
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I have no problem with criticism of Bargnani, but please watch the games and pay attention or don't leave out parts not matching your opinion. It's getting old in this thread.

    Now when you rewatch the game try to make notes on who defends Bargnani on every possession he scores and not just the possessions that support your argument.
    For example he drained a three in al harringtons face

  7. #7167
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I have no problem with criticism of Bargnani, but please watch the games and pay attention or don't leave out parts not matching your opinion. It's getting old in this thread.

    Now when you rewatch the game try to make notes on who defends Bargnani on every possession he scores and not just the possessions that support your argument.
    + infinity and beyond!

  8. #7168
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Since this is the Everything Bargnani thread... Awesome analysis by Sebastian Pruiti. Speaks to the basketball IQ of these guys...

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ndrea-bargnani
    Thanks for posting.

    Grantland - and Bill Simmons in particular - I find is usually just a dumping ground for all things Raptor-related. It is nice to see something objective that is also positive.

  9. #7169
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    even without his scoring since the injury, i see bargs' defense remaining as it was before the injury. you can even notice him talking and pointing a bit out there. when he makes a rotation you can see him look around to make sure he went to the right spot.

    i would like a comparison on sides of the floor. does he play it better on our side with casey yelling at him or on the other side when he has to do it himself.

    to me his shot is something that will come back. as long as the drives continue and the defense keeps up like i have noticed i think bargs is doing fine.

  10. #7170
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that your terribly wrong about bargs. Ask anyone here, his defense has been great this season one game doesn't prove anything
    I wouldn't say his defence has been "great". Instead, it's been great by Bargnani's standards.

    I still have very little confidence that he'll make the right read if he's the last line of defence.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. #7171
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Since this is the Everything Bargnani thread... Awesome analysis by Sebastian Pruiti. Speaks to the basketball IQ of these guys...

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ndrea-bargnani
    Very good analysis of the PNRs. Arse used to have similar type articles back in the day.

    Anyways, I don't think anyone has questioned Bargnani's abilities on the offensive end. When he's shooting good percentages, the kid's absolutely lethal. But his defence and rebounding still leave a sour taste in most people's mouths.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  12. #7172
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Very good analysis of the PNRs. Arse used to have similar type articles back in the day.

    Anyways, I don't think anyone has questioned Bargnani's abilities on the offensive end. When he's shooting good percentages, the kid's absolutely lethal. But his defence and rebounding still leave a sour taste in most people's mouths.
    I think we all agree after one season with Casey Bargs D has improved. This is without a full camp. I think we will see more improvement next year as well. Is he dominant...NO, but he holds his own and is now playing some help D. Since he has come back from his injury he hasn't been moving quite as well as he did before it. It could be all in his head.


    As for rebounding, the numbers are not a big deal. It's the team rebounding numbers that count. If the Raptors out rebound their opponents then everyone is doing their job. A good box out is as good as getting the rebound, it just doesn't show up. Bargs will never be an elite rebounder, but if he can keep the guy closetest to him off the boards I'm happy with it.

    His offensive attributes make up for what is lacking in other areas. I just hope he continues to attack the rim.

  13. #7173
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think we all agree after one season with Casey Bargs D has improved. This is without a full camp. I think we will see more improvement next year as well. Is he dominant...NO, but he holds his own and is now playing some help D. Since he has come back from his injury he hasn't been moving quite as well as he did before it. It could be all in his head.


    As for rebounding, the numbers are not a big deal. It's the team rebounding numbers that count. If the Raptors out rebound their opponents then everyone is doing their job. A good box out is as good as getting the rebound, it just doesn't show up. Bargs will never be an elite rebounder, but if he can keep the guy closetest to him off the boards I'm happy with it.

    His offensive attributes make up for what is lacking in other areas. I just hope he continues to attack the rim.
    Ladies and Gentlemen!

    The 5000th Bargnani post!

    Nice work, saints91!

  14. #7174
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You're right. I have no problem about the rebounding totals themselves, as long as Bargnani's not letting his man beat him to the ball. Boxing out is the key here.

    But at the same time, he's the tallest guy on the floor. You would think he could average 5 rebounds by accident.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  15. #7175
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You're right. I have no problem about the rebounding totals themselves, as long as Bargnani's not letting his man beat him to the ball. Boxing out is the key here.

    But at the same time, he's the tallest guy on the floor. You would think he could average 5 rebounds by accident.
    As gay (not a gender slur so ease up) as this sounds, i used to occasionally do the fistpump when i see Bargnani box out or provide help D, but this season, im not even excited anymore since ive seen him do it so many times.

    I really dont expect him to put up big rebound numbers anymore. He perseveres, but its just not his nature. I saw the Charlotte game where Love hauled down 19 rebs, and these werent even hard fought rebounds. he just had the knack for rebounding, he has the timing and positioning down. Bargnani has to try harder to get rebounds, but effort alone is just fine with me.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Thanks Miekenstien!

  16. #7176
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Who gets the better of the Bosh vs Bargnani match up tonight?

  17. #7177
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Who gets the better of the Bosh vs Bargnani match up tonight?
    I'm going to assume Bargnani gets more touches. He should have the scoring advantage.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #7178
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm going to assume Bargnani gets more touches. He should have the scoring advantage.
    It is unquestionable unless Bosh gets more touches than Lebron and Wade. (Yeah right)

  19. #7179
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    As gay (not a racial slur so ease up) as this sounds, i used to occasionally do the fistpump when i see Bargnani box out or provide help D, but this season, im not even excited anymore since ive seen him do it so many times.

    I really dont expect him to put up big rebound numbers anymore. He perseveres, but its just not his nature. I saw the Charlotte game where Love hauled down 19 rebs, and these werent even hard fought rebounds. he just had the knack for rebounding, he has the timing and positioning down. Bargnani has to try harder to get rebounds, but effort alone is just fine with me.
    lol gay isn't a race

  20. #7180
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I have no problem with criticism of Bargnani, but please watch the games and pay attention or don't leave out parts not matching your opinion. It's getting old in this thread.

    Now when you rewatch the game try to make notes on who defends Bargnani on every possession he scores and not just the possessions that support your argument.
    I am not questioning Bargnani's offensive ability. Almost an elite scorer and definitely the best raptor. I am not saying his defense has not improved under Casey. It is still pathetic for a 7-foot center and I am picking and choosing plays to highlight his weakness. He has peaked and we don't need a star 6th man. When you are a rebuilding a team you go back to basics. give me a post-up rebounder at 4 anyday. Miami game proving my point once again - excels against Joel anthony but struggles otherwise. Bosh having his way inside. They are not even bothering with playing Lebron on him. And let me assure you they will if they thought it was worth it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •