Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    but, but, but Andrea isn't a C. He's a PF.

On a more serious note, the other centers not on the list:

-Chandler
    -Gortat (who should be number 9 or 10)
    -Duncan (I never understand why he isn't considered a C considering he always plays C)
    -Okafor
    -Perkins

That doesn't include Hibbert, McGee, Cousins, Monroe or DeAndrea Jordan who I'd rather take a chance with than Andrea.

After those guys he's right up there.
    But he's such a unique weapon. What other center can shoot from the perimeter and open up the floor for his teammates! Not to mention he's been misused in his time here...

Seriously, I would take anyone you mentioned without thinking twice.

Comment

• Bargnani blogging on HoopsHype.com during EuroBasket 2011!

From HoopsHype.com:

[ E U R O B A S K E T ]

Bargnani blogging

Raptors forward Andrea Bargnani will be writing for HoopsHype from the Eurobasket. Send the questions you want him to answer in his blogs at @hoopshype or hoopshype@hoopshype.com.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/#ixzz1WVS8uLgY

Comment

• CB4 wrote: View Post
        But he's such a unique weapon. What other center can shoot from the perimeter and open up the floor for his teammates! Not to mention he's been misused in his time here...

Seriously, I would take anyone you mentioned without thinking twice.
        Even Perkins and Duncan :P

Comment

• I feel sorry for the guy in advance.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Even Perkins and Duncan :P
            Duncan I'd take for a season, definitely. Perkins I'd take over Bargnani in a second. When he's healthy, he's one of the best low post defenders in the league and he's not going to hurt you on offense.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• LOL, I immediately thought about all the wild emails he's about to receive as well. I hope he has a good sense of humor.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Duncan I'd take for a season, definitely. Perkins I'd take over Bargnani in a second. When he's healthy, he's one of the best low post defenders in the league and he's not going to hurt you on offense.
                I'd never take Duncan. That's just mean to him. Ending his career in Toronto :P As for Perkins, after watching him play in Oklahoma. He's overrated, he's a traditional center and he's decent but he isn't more than decent at anything. Playing next to the likes of Garnett and Wallace can help a lot.

Comment

I'd never take Duncan. That's just mean to him. Ending his career in Toronto :P As for Perkins, after watching him play in Oklahoma. He's overrated, he's a traditional center and he's decent but he isn't more than decent at anything. Playing next to the likes of Garnett and Wallace can help a lot.
                  You've got a point about Duncan, but Perkins was never fully healthy, this year. And it showed.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Same thing would happen if LeBron was taking write-in questions ... people love to hate.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      Same thing would happen if LeBron was taking write-in questions ... people love to hate.
                      Ya, but LeBron won't get an avalanche of questions asking whether he knows how to play defense or rebound. People wouldn't be questioning LeBron's game. With Bargnani, they'd ask all the questions that reporters would never ask themselves.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You've got a point about Duncan, but Perkins was never fully healthy, this year. And it showed.
                        I guess so, but both Perkins and Bargnani need specific talent around them to make up for "certain" things. Perkins on the current Toronto team would be a disaster. There would be no court spacing, as all 3 big men are below average on offense. Yes, Davis could develop a decent midrange and post game but he's not there yet. And Amir has a good midrange jumpshot, but it's only good when he's open, and he won't be without an offensive threat like Bargnani. DeRozan would have trouble scoring, Calderon wouldn't know who to pass to. The only scorer would be DeRozan...
                        \

Comment

• Been watching finals? Lebron would get lots of questions about his game. Not that it matters as I assume they filter / preselect the questions(?)

Comment

• LeBron would tell them he's been in the gym since the final game busting his ass to become even better. I don't know, maybe Bargnani is putting in that kind of work as well but if he is it's not getting reported on. Anyway, I'm with Tim on this one. I think LeBron would be bombarded with the haters, who are deserving many, driven more by the guy's off court antics than on court ability. The guy can do anything on the court, Bargnani can't say the same.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 31, 2011, 07:51 AM. Reason: iphone...

Comment

I guess so, but both Perkins and Bargnani need specific talent around them to make up for "certain" things. Perkins on the current Toronto team would be a disaster. There would be no court spacing, as all 3 big men are below average on offense. Yes, Davis could develop a decent midrange and post game but he's not there yet. And Amir has a good midrange jumpshot, but it's only good when he's open, and he won't be without an offensive threat like Bargnani. DeRozan would have trouble scoring, Calderon wouldn't know who to pass to. The only scorer would be DeRozan...
                              \
                              Bargnani might very well be a disaster no matter WHO he plays with. He certainly didn't help them this past season, and he had two decent defensive big men surrounding him, who are exactly the type of players that Bargnani apparently needs to play with.

All things considered, I'd take Perkins over Bargnani any day of the week because Perkins isn't going to be a liability on one end of the court, like Bargnani is. Besides, having three big men who defend, rebound and won't hurt you on offense is never going to be a disaster. Yes, Amir hits when he's open, which means you can't leave him open. You leave Davis open and he immediately moves to a spot where he will hurt you on offense. You don't NEED your big men to create mismatches and open up the middle. You just need them to defend, rebound and score efficiently, which they do.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I feel sorry for the guy in advance.
                                Liar. No you dont. hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X