View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 389 of 528 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #7761
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @RaptorsPR @Raptors How often can u say AB defense won the game in final 2mins? Quick #tradeBargnani so we'll all have warm&fuzzy memories!!
    Don't let a couple of defensive plays sway you from the movement!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  2. #7762
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    but they were amazing Matt. AMAZING. This is Bargs at his prime.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #7763
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I know how trades match up thank you very much. I would be very willing to take in assets along with (makes me cringe), a large contract. Gasol, Gay, Smith. These guys' contracts take most, if not half the sending value, along with assets/picks whatsoever.

    Calderon has an expiring 10$ million ($10,561,982 with a 10% trade kicker meaning $11,618,180) at the end of the season, not to mention a very solid contributor for a contender. A guy like Bargnani, heading to a contender could be the very 3rd/4th option offensive piece, while Amir is able to solidify any front-court. Second round picks valuable as well, being able to draft guys, and whether or not they work out well, they are not qualified for guaranteed contracts unlike a 1st rounder.

    Yes, $26 million seems like a lot, but like I said, it would help any team over the tax with the expiring $10 million. On the court, Bargnani, Jose, Amir can bring some contributions to any given team.
    I love watching Gasol but that would be a terrible move for the team. That would put the team in a win now position still with no small forward worth mentioning, back up PG (Lucas doesn't do it for me), back up center (Gasol could play this but we wouldn't have an other big off the bench outside of the inconsistent Davis). No where near good enough to compete now and doesn't help the cause long term either. By the way I think the Lakers would take Bargnani and Jose straight up for Gasol as that would make their team much better then currently constructed. I'd much rather it be a three way deal with Gasol going else where at 32 he doesn't help us and when our young guys are ready to win he'll be useless.

    Gay would be nice although over payed IMO. No one should be making the max with out an all-star appearance. Grizzlies already have Z-Bo, Gasol and Speights not to mention Aurther so these 3 players you've mentioned won't get a deal done as you make an already crowded front court even more crowded.

    Smith is a nice talent but he's a FA and is going to get near a max deal? You want to pay Smith that kind of money if he's even willing to stay?

    26 million doesn't seem like a lot... it is a lot! I agree that those players can return value but your making it out to be easy for that kind of money to be moved. I don't trust BC in big deals as he loses them every time (JO twice) or trust him with FA money (Gasol or Smith walk) as we get Hedo, Kapono, Fred Jones, Fields type players. Remember the value of Barbosa's expiring? Do I think the 3 players can be moved? No doubt but hell freezing over is more likely then the 3 of them for the players you've mentioned.

  4. #7764
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Idk Lebron james should do
    Think the Heat would throw in a pick or two?

  5. #7765
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    May as well throw in Wade and Bosh to make the trade fair

  6. #7766
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    May as well throw in Wade and Bosh to make the trade fair
    In that case perhaps we should send back a second rounder or two... BC loves handing those out like it's business cards.

  7. #7767
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fun exercise that I would be interested in reading other's comments on.

    Go through http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine and find a team that you think would be interested in acquiring Bargnani and why.

    I'll start:

    1) Charlotte: I think they would do anything to drop Thomas' contract.

    2) Chicago: Would Thibs be able to motivate him? Would Noah and Deng be able to cover him? Boozer for Bargnani works. Bulls get under luxury tax and save $5M per year. Would Bulls throw in Charlotte pick (top 12 in 13, 10 in 14, 8 in 15, unprotected in 16)?

    3) Denver: 6th man, Al Harrington replacement?

    4) Houston: Pair with Asik? If 2 of those players could be fused as 1, HoF guaranteed. Morey a big advanced stats guy but advanced stats aren't a big Bargnani guy.

    5) Clippers: Could Bargnani be the 6th man? Odom expiring, 1st round pick? I won't even mention Bledsoe because he is not available.

    6) Lakers: Look what D'Antoni's system has done for Antawn Jamison. Gasol situation, were you aware? D'Antoni and Kobe have some Italian connections.



    Of above, only one that really makes sense is LAL. Unfortunately, Gasol doesn't quite make sense for Toronto - enter a third team.


    Now the real challenge, who would want Gasol and, more importantly, the ability to take on the near $20M he is owed for next season????
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  8. #7768
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ersan illyasova !

    nevermind. Holy Crap this is worse than Fields regression by a long shot...

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ersan_...eer_stats.html
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. #7769
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Ersan illyasova !

    nevermind. Holy Crap this is worse than Fields regression by a long shot...

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ersan_...eer_stats.html
    This is why i didn't want him and i'm glad we didn't sign him. He's basically a poor mans bargnani that is a slightly better rebounder

  10. #7770
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    I love watching Gasol but that would be a terrible move for the team. That would put the team in a win now position still with no small forward worth mentioning, back up PG (Lucas doesn't do it for me), back up center (Gasol could play this but we wouldn't have an other big off the bench outside of the inconsistent Davis). No where near good enough to compete now and doesn't help the cause long term either. By the way I think the Lakers would take Bargnani and Jose straight up for Gasol as that would make their team much better then currently constructed. I'd much rather it be a three way deal with Gasol going else where at 32 he doesn't help us and when our young guys are ready to win he'll be useless.

    Gay would be nice although over payed IMO. No one should be making the max with out an all-star appearance. Grizzlies already have Z-Bo, Gasol and Speights not to mention Aurther so these 3 players you've mentioned won't get a deal done as you make an already crowded front court even more crowded.

    Smith is a nice talent but he's a FA and is going to get near a max deal? You want to pay Smith that kind of money if he's even willing to stay?

    26 million doesn't seem like a lot... it is a lot! I agree that those players can return value but your making it out to be easy for that kind of money to be moved. I don't trust BC in big deals as he loses them every time (JO twice) or trust him with FA money (Gasol or Smith walk) as we get Hedo, Kapono, Fred Jones, Fields type players. Remember the value of Barbosa's expiring? Do I think the 3 players can be moved? No doubt but hell freezing over is more likely then the 3 of them for the players you've mentioned.
    At this moment, depending on how things pan out with Bargnani, and how these deals will work between the teams, I would agree, Gasol would put this team in a fair hole for the future. Putting the team in a win-now position, but I only mentioned those players because well, they're the only 'high' names likely. (Although, still unlikely.) Secondly, I never said 26$ million DOESN'T seem like a lot, I said it does seem like a lot, but depending on the returning value, I mentioned the expiring estimate of 10$ million in Jose's contract, which would be a very appealing asset to any team in the tax, possibly even those teams with barely over the cap, to open up money for off-season movements.

    Amir + Bargnani + Calderon is a lot of money, but, those 3 in a trade COULD, I repeat COULD be traded for acquiring solid, good assets. Didn't mention money, didn't mention who specifically other than those names, because I was speaking to the trade value. Right now, Bargnani could be pretty low on the market, but most teams will know his strengths and weaknesses, same with Amir and Calderon. Most teams would like to have the very serviceable contributions of Calderon and Amir.

    So going back to my comment. Jose + Amir + Bargnani + 2nd round picks could net us some nice assets. Allowing to free up the log jam at the 4, bring in a young guard, possibly another expiring deal, a wing player. Not saying these acquired assets are elite players, just at the market worth to Jose, Amir, and Bargnani. All capable of being starters on any given team.

  11. #7771
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    This is why i didn't want him and i'm glad we didn't sign him. He's basically a poor mans bargnani that is a slightly better rebounder
    Slightly? he was a great rebounder last season. Its too bad that he couldnt keep it up, i feel sorry for the Bucks

  12. #7772
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what couldve happened to him?

    He was break out player of the year last year! Now? oh boy..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  13. #7773
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have no idea. I guess some players just can't keep up the consistent play. We know all about that here in T.O

  14. #7774
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    what couldve happened to him?

    He was break out player of the year last year! Now? oh boy..
    He was probably just playing hard to net a big contract and some big bucks

  15. #7775
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Scroll back to the older posts where I argue how Gallinari is much better than Bargnani in every way.
    I had all the veteran users calling for my head. How good is that deal looking now?

  16. #7776
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC won't trade AB because it would be an admission of failure on his part.

  17. #7777
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Primo bosses would be happy with Gallinari too.

  18. #7778
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Scroll back to the older posts where I argue how Gallinari is much better than Bargnani in every way.
    I had all the veteran users calling for my head. How good is that deal looking now?
    Gallinari hasn't played exactly good this year either.

  19. #7779
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    BC won't trade AB because it would be an admission of failure on his part.
    I've heard this argument before, but I think its a crock, to be honest with you.
    BC has admitted Failure on more than a few occasions (trading Turk, JO to name a couple).

    If he doesn't trade Bargs, its because he believes in him. Right or wrong.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  20. #7780
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Gallinari hasn't played exactly good this year either.
    *well
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •